Wedding Etiquette Forum

Deleted

Re: Deleted

• jennjamin-2jennjamin-2 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2017
    Deleted
  • What is your question?  I hope you have congratulated your Father and his Fiancee, and are planning to attend their wedding, assuming you are invited.

As to addressing your invitations, eight weeks before you wedding, they will be Mr. and Mrs. John Bridesfather.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• One concern is that it will force relatives who live far away to choose between attending his wedding or mine.

That's not your concern. I'm sure your relative can make that decision for themselves. 
  • What's the concern??

• CMGragain said:

What is your question?  I hope you have congratulated your Father and his Fiancee, and are planning to attend their wedding, assuming you are invited.

As to addressing your invitations, eight weeks before you wedding, they will be Mr. and Mrs. John Bridesfather.

"Mr and Mrs John Bridesfather"? Isn't that presumptive? Probably best to wait til their wedding and see how they are announced, and thereafter how they continue to refer to themselves. 

Or ask them 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Nice quoting PPs. Jeez OP stand by your words you don't have to delete everything just bc you were wrong.

One of my sisters and I were engaged 3 days apart and married less than 6 months from each other.  One of our cousins was married between us.  We checked dates with VIPs but the rest of the family figured it out (if it's truly family members traveling that you're worried about).  I really hope the true concern isn't worry over your father and FSM stealing your thunder, since everyone gets one day.
  • Ditto @eileenrob...my sister's wedding is 10 weeks after mine (maybe 11, I'm bad at calendar math). Guess what? She came to mine, I'm going to hers, and the VIPs for both weddings were asked about the dates and said it was fine. Mine involved travel (mostly car) for a good deal of our family and hers is out of the country. 

• CMGragain said:

What is your question?  I hope you have congratulated your Father and his Fiancee, and are planning to attend their wedding, assuming you are invited.

"Mr and Mrs John Bridesfather"? Isn't that presumptive? Probably best to wait til their wedding and see how they are announced, and thereafter how they continue to refer to themselves. 

Or ask them 

Haha. Yes, or that. 
  • And plus also, an invitation is not a summons.  Family can decide to attend his wedding OR yours (or both)--make sure you send out save the dates so they'll know you have a wedding coming up, too, and they can make an informed decision.  People always have to weigh their options for events--maybe there's another wedding in between both of yours for a good friend, or they've been planning a vacation for years and the date happens to coincide with your wedding, or they can't afford to travel to any event right now--you never know what will cause a guest to accept or decline your invitation.  As long as you've checked with your VIPs before selecting your date, there's really nothing else you can do to guarantee attendance.  You're allowed to be bummed out if your friends/family can't make it to your wedding, but don't blame it on anyone else. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2017

CMGragain said:

Yes, I agree.  I tend to use traditional formats, especially concerning weddings.  If the couple prefers a different form of address then you should use it.  My point was that by the time her wedding invitations go out, her father will already be married, and the invitation should be addressed to the married couple.

Since the OP so rudely deleted her question (?) and comment, I doubt if she cares.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @missfrodo I struggled to put those exact sentiments into words so thank you!

OP it is a bummer when another event gets chosen over your event, but there are always gonna be other events to choose from! Your father is under no obligation to leave the month / season / year to your wedding only. 
  • 7. Be grateful you CAN get married (if you're in the U.S.) There are people in power who would love to make same-sex (and probably interracial and interfaith next) marriages illegal again

8. Get over yourself already.
  • I haven't been around much lately, but loved the quality DD!  :D