Knottie Tech Help

Still forcing log-outs

This has been going on for over a year now. I think that if The Knot really cares about the ability to post, it's not doing a good job of showing it.

Re: Still forcing log-outs

• They obviously don't, they have even hidden the message boards. Priority 0.
  • Yup. Still happening to me too.

Doesn't make the boards very user friendly for new members who probably think the website is broken.
  • I got logged out in the middle of typing a post today. It's so frustrating.

• How are new poster supposed to find us?  Do they even know we exist?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    I respond to posts but am unable to successfully post.  Every.single.time. I change boards, I need to log in.  I am using safari.  ETA.....I have been trying to post on one thread for 30 minutes.  Ironically, the only board that I can create a successful post is on this tech board.  What's up with that?
  • Some days, I have to log in half a dozen times before I'm actually allowed to create a new post.  Every single day, I have to refresh every other time I click on something in order to re-log in.  Edge, Firefox, IE, iPhone--doesn't matter. 
  • FIFTEEN TIMES TODAY!!!!!!  WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • The other day I couldn't even get on the website, it kept saying it was down. Today that horrible banner ad keeps freezing my ability to scroll. 
  • It took me 9 times of refreshing and changing pages to be able to post this. WTF?
  • Hey all,

I know I haven't responded to this thread yet, but I have been sending all complaints to our tech team working on this. I'm also having these issues so I get how frustrating it must be for all of you. Hopefully, they can get a fix in soon so I don't lose all of you  :/
  • Thank you!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I almost never use TK on a desktop, so I don't typically see this issue. However, I did today because I was writing a somewhat lengthy post from my computer. Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe how many times it logged me out or said "you don't have permission to do that" when I tried to post a reply. I'm glad I only use TK on mobile!
  • I kid you not, I have had to log in at least 50 times today.
  • This past week has been horrible! It has been signing me out on my iPad too.

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I've been experiencing it on mobile sometimes too when I get the "You don't have permission to do that" message after clicking "Post Reply."

• Jen4948 said:

I've been experiencing it on mobile sometimes too when I get the "You don't have permission to do that" message after clicking "Post Reply."

That is always my issue! Sometimes it resolves when I refresh, but this week it is hit and miss.
  • Ten times today. :s
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MobKazMobKaz member

KnotRiley said:

Hey all,

I know I haven't responded to this thread yet, but I have been sending all complaints to our tech team working on this. I'm also having these issues so I get how frustrating it must be for all of you. Hopefully, they can get a fix in soon so I don't lose all of you  :/

You need a new tech team, as well as an administrator that will be more customer service oriented.  One token and uninspiring response in three months is hardly proactive or sincere.  No wonder so many boards lie dormant for months, and in some cases, over a year.
  • I'm starting to wonder if a tech team even exists.

Auto logouts have been an issue for well over a year. Either 1) The Knot has the most inept tech team in the industry of tech or 2) The Knot's management has decided a working website is not a priority and they have not dedicated the necessary resources to fixing it. It's one or the other and I'm genuinely curious which it is.
    *********************************************************************************

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm sure its #2. Or at least, a working community board. We actively discourage new members from taking the knots advice at face value, and often will encourage people to not buy into all the wedding fluff- meaning we aren't good for advertisement if someone does manage to find us over here. I haven't been here long and even I have noticed the intense drop in new membership after they changed the website layout.

• MobKazMobKaz member

And it is speaking volumes.  @KnotRiley, spare us the weak and insincere "you feel our pain" BS.  The Knot has clearly become obsolete with the exception of the friendships forged by the women who used to support this community.
  • I think it is all about selling the magazine.  $$$$$$    and pleasing their advertisers.   They don't like our advice.  I feel that I have been used.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    This absence and neglect is quite loud.  @KnotRiley, your account says you were "active" today.  It's a shame none of that activity goes toward responding to frustrated posters!
  • I had to sign in 3 times in order to post a response about artificial flowers. I had to log in 4 times to post this!