Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday: halfway there!

Re: Wednesday: halfway there!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    This week is kicking my ass. DH got home last night and was trying to get a little action.  I just couldn't get into it.  Sorry honey.

The boss has me checking up on the woman at work that's driving me nuts.  I'm guessing she'll be gone soon.

DH's new company sent the benefits package Monday.  What a joke.  It was less than 2 pages and the only real info was on vacation.  Health care- we'll pay 80% (that's it no plan info, nothing); Retirement- we'll match something; Parking- we're looking into it; tuition- we're working on it; bonus- there will be a long term and a short term.  Everything is "details to follow"
  • Options

6fsn said:

This week is kicking my ass. DH got home last night and was trying to get a little action.  I just couldn't get into it.  Sorry honey.

The boss has me checking up on the woman at work that's driving me nuts.  I'm guessing she'll be gone soon.

DH's new company sent the benefits package Monday.  What a joke.  It was less than 2 pages and the only real info was on vacation.  Health care- we'll pay 80% (that's it no plan info, nothing); Retirement- we'll match something; Parking- we're looking into it; tuition- we're working on it; bonus- there will be a long term and a short term.  Everything is "details to follow"

WHAT?!?!  Are they a new company?  Or in the middle of changing their benefits?  That is really bizarre.  Especially on the health care.  I'm assuming they know what their plans are and the total monthly cost of them.

At my job, when open enrollment rolls around, they outline what the total cost is per plan and how much the employee's portion is.  In fact, I've never had a company phrase it like it is a particular percentage.  Though that is easy math, either way...if the total costs are available.

Heck, they could get themselves in trouble.  Technically speaking, "we'll pay 80%" without much more qualification would mean they'd pay 80% of the monthly premium AND 80% of any out-of-pocket costs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    @short+sassy it's a conglomeration of two international companies doing a long term lease of his department.  He has to decide by June 1 if he wants to stay with the current place in a different job or he wants to keep his current job with the new company.  They just found out who the contract is with a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    This is the longest week EVAH!

I'm looking forward to the end of the week...it's just getting there. 
  • Options
    Hello! I have been in and out of meetings all morning and have a 3pm meeting, but I am hoping to get out of here at 4 after that meeting. I'm getting the 2nd of 3 deadlines out the door this afternoon! Woohoo! And the countdown until my coworker comes back from paternity leave on Monday is on like donkey kong. 

Yesterday afternoon our group of friends got some scary news: the husband of one of our friends who is due next month with her first just found out he has a brain tumor. So the next few weeks will be testing to find out if it's cancer and also how bad the tumor is/what it's affecting and whether or not surgery is an option. My heart breaks for them.  
  • Options

Scary update from M's ex job

- people who didn't smoke, are now smoking
    - people are showing up drunk to work
    - a lot of crying
    - went through April without pay
    - majority of lights are out because they can't afford hydro

Things are worse :(

Holy shit. M is so lucky to be out of there.
  • Options

Scary update from M's ex job

- people who didn't smoke, are now smoking
    - people are showing up drunk to work
    - a lot of crying
    - went through April without pay
    - majority of lights are out because they can't afford hydro

Things are worse :(

Holy shit. M is so lucky to be out of there.

It didn't seem like it when he first got laid off, but yeh for sure!
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  Omg your poor friend :( Hopefully things come back clear :\ scary!
  • Options

@sparklepants41  Omg your poor friend :( Hopefully things come back clear :\ scary!

Thank you!

And so crazy about M's ex-job!!!
  • Options
    @sparklepants41, congrats on having a kick-ass day at work and help arriving soon!  I hope for the best for your friend's H.  I know it must be extra torturous for them to be waiting for definitive answers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Hello! I have been in and out of meetings all morning and have a 3pm meeting, but I am hoping to get out of here at 4 after that meeting. I'm getting the 2nd of 3 deadlines out the door this afternoon! Woohoo! And the countdown until my coworker comes back from paternity leave on Monday is on like donkey kong. 

Yesterday afternoon our group of friends got some scary news: the husband of one of our friends who is due next month with her first just found out he has a brain tumor. So the next few weeks will be testing to find out if it's cancer and also how bad the tumor is/what it's affecting and whether or not surgery is an option. My heart breaks for them.  

sorry to hear about your friend. This is definitely not the same but I found out my mom had cancer when I was around 8 months pregnant. Her's was an "easy" kind but she had to have a hysterectomy to get rid of it - it was scheduled on my due date. It was definitely a very trying time on top of already out of whack emotions and I feel for your friend with it being her DH
  • Options

M ended up going to a buddy's place for the hockey game last night. Was going to go but realized I am backed up with laundry .... so didn't go.
    We won. Sens are in Eastern Conference Finals! Next we're against Penguins or Capitals. This is furthest we've gotten since 2007 when we got to last game of everything .... my city when absolutely NUTS.

Edited and uploaded one vid, and recorded and edited another :)

M also found out he'll be paid bi-monthly instead of bi-weekly. I asked him to check the damn dates because bi-monthly is typically on the same dates.

@misskittydanger DK and I were talking about this last night. ^^^ If the NHL didn't have some truly fucked up seeding, this likely would not have been the outcome. (Not bashing the Sens, but when the top 3 teams in the league are playing each other in the first 2 rounds, it's not any sort of reward for playing well in the regular season. If the Sens played one of the top tier teams in round 1 or 2, would they have made it this far? Maybe/maybe not, after all Washington barely made it into round 2. )

If the Pens play anything like they did on Monday night, you'll be playing the Caps next round, and I will be wishing you all the best (although I'll be rooting for whatever western team is left to win the cup.) - I just want to see Ovi fail again. 

I just finished up a major project at work and am getting ready to hand it off to someone else to manage. 
    Looking at joining Toastmasters. (They're trying to charter a branch at the office.)

• Options
    OMG @levioosa.  Pre-workout can be rough, especially if you're not prepared.  I've had it a few times and I don't like how it makes me feel...especially the tingles.  

Also, I drink a pot of coffee (or close to it) most days and workout on my lunch break, so I don't need pre-workout too.  

I hope you get some rest tonight.  
  • Options
    I've done some investigating into my neighbor because of the fence issue. She has stated that her mother had the fence installed before she died; her mother died 19 years ago. I've also checked for permits all the way back to 1983, which is as far as the city's online records go, and there has never been a permit for a fence at that address since. H and I will have to talk about it tonight, but my instinct is to let her take us to court where we can prove that we offered to pay half to replace the fence which she refused and that it was in need of repair due to age.

@MissKittyDanger I'm so glad your H is out of there!

@sparklepants41 sorry about your friend.
  • Options
    @*Barbie* Honestly this is the furthest we've gotten in 10yrs, we BARELY made the playoffs .... we're just lucky at this point. M is hoping we play Pens because Caps ARE a better team {but I don't want Crosby near our team after the issue with Methot ...}
    We keep taking it to game 6 with everything, so I think it'll be a really intense game regardless who we play.
  • Options

I've done some investigating into my neighbor because of the fence issue. She has stated that her mother had the fence installed before she died; her mother died 19 years ago. I've also checked for permits all the way back to 1983, which is as far as the city's online records go, and there has never been a permit for a fence at that address since. H and I will have to talk about it tonight, but my instinct is to let her take us to court where we can prove that we offered to pay half to replace the fence which she refused and that it was in need of repair due to age.

@MissKittyDanger I'm so glad your H is out of there!

@sparklepants41 sorry about your friend.

If it wasn't for the fact that you all are trying to sell this house, that is exactly what my stance would have been all along.  The wrinkle is, you don't want her potentially screwing up any more deals with potential buyers.  However, you all have given her warning that she is not to come onto your property, so it shouldn't (hopefully) be an issue anymore.  And have her arrested for trespassing if it is.

I'd tell her one last time, "Look, your fence is over 30 years old.  We have been more than generous in offering to pay for half of a new one.  Not new posts, just the portion related to the boards.  If you want the money now and avoid court, I strongly suggest you take us up on our offer.  Because you'd probably get even less than that if you force this to a court."

After that, stop engaging with her.  It serves no purpose.  If she takes you all to court, great.  If she's just been bluffing and doesn't, that's great too.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a slow day at work, here are my two crazy neighbor stories.  One of them is also fence related.

I own four properties.  So I have a lot of neighbors, if one looks at it that way.  All my properties have great neighbors, except for one.  That one property has crazy neighbors on BOTH sides!

The left neighbor complained first about some vines that were growing between our two fences and it was causing her fence to shift.  That's true.  The vine growth was starting to affect her fence.  We both have old chain link fences.  They are nothing special.  She claimed it was our property.  I have no idea if it was or not, but told her we would take care of it by totally removing them.  The previous owner of that house would just trim them, from only waist high, twice a year.

But she pissed me off because I was being nothing but reasonable and pleasant.  Agreed to totally remove the vines, so it wasn't a problem anymore.  And she's just blasting at me about how the previous owner wouldn't do anything and now her fence was ruined and she'll sue me for a new fence and blah, blah, blah.  At one point I stopped her in her tirade and said, "Ma'am, I'm sorry you didn't have very good relations with the previous owner, but I was not a party to any of that.  I've only owned this house for THREE months!  Even though the property line is in question from my point of view, I've agreed to get rid of the vines.  I will be doing exactly what you've asked, so please don't direct your anger at me."  And we did remove the vines later that week.

That was about 9 months ago and I haven't heard from her since. 

My H was over at that house toward the end of last year doing some work and the right neighbor approached him.  He wanted my H to remove the tree in that backyard.  There is no part of that tree that affects this neighbor (N).  But N thinks that rats come out of it at night and ruin his garden?  Or get in his house?  My H wasn't quite understanding what this guy's problem was with the tree.  Keep in mind, there is a vacant 13 acre lot behind all the houses on this street.  There is a stream running through it.  Wild grass and growth.  Numerous trees.  WTseriousF dude.  Oh, and my tenant doesn't have any problem with rats.

My H politely explained that it was too big of a tree for us to DIY and we weren't going to pay a tree company to remove it either.  The guy rants about the tree more.  My H generously offers to the guy that, if he doesn't like the tree, we would be okay with him hiring a licensed and insured tree care company to have it taken down.  Though, of course, he'd be responsible for that cost.  This guy starts SCREAMING at my H that we're being lousy neighbors.  And "he knows about our house and is going to call a building code inspector".  We have no idea what that is supposedly referring to.

The guy was a "mumbler" and my H really didn't understand most of what he was saying.  But, anyway, that was about 6 months ago and there has been no interactions since.

People be crazy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just woke up from a nap. I had to fly to Charlotte for meetings; one was cancelled so I'm working from the hotel room and fell asleep on the sofa with my laptop.  At least I didn't roll over with it on my lap.

I'm kind of bored of sitting here and working while it's 80 plus and sunny out, and don't have dinner plans until 8ish so I may just go explore.  Or I may take another nap.  It's a tough life.

• Options
    @short+sassy  bitches be crazy
  • Options
    So over text at lunch, M and I were talking. I have serious concerns about having a kid and he gets where I'm coming from {once I said it} Tonight we're having a serious conversation about things that will likely be things that will change after potential baby is born, but I know if I don't say something I'll just stew in it and get mad about something stupid.

ex: M goes to play poker at friend's place. Often I don't go. What will happen if we have a kid? I'll want sleep so likely won't go, but will I always be stuck at home when he goes out?
    M said he'd like to think about people coming to our place, at least by the ideally the basement is more finished so if I wanted to go to bed it wouldn't be too loud but also there's the option of being around people.
    It's a start ...
  • Options

@short+sassy  bitches be crazy

• Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  tough choices ;) How long are you there for?
  • Options

Until tomorrow.  This is one of the rare moments where I have time to check out a place while I'm there.  Usually, the max I get is one decent meal of my choosing.
  • Options

Until tomorrow.  This is one of the rare moments where I have time to check out a place while I'm there.  Usually, the max I get is one decent meal of my choosing.

Ah okay ... I was going to suggest take a nap then explore tomorrow but that depends on length you're there
  • Options

So over text at lunch, M and I were talking. I have serious concerns about having a kid and he gets where I'm coming from {once I said it} Tonight we're having a serious conversation about things that will likely be things that will change after potential baby is born, but I know if I don't say something I'll just stew in it and get mad about something stupid.

ex: M goes to play poker at friend's place. Often I don't go. What will happen if we have a kid? I'll want sleep so likely won't go, but will I always be stuck at home when he goes out?
    M said he'd like to think about people coming to our place, at least by the ideally the basement is more finished so if I wanted to go to bed it wouldn't be too loud but also there's the option of being around people.
    It's a start ...

Yes and no. There's definitely choices that have to be made regarding priorities. I'm with you...I'll take sleep over just about anything else. However, if Mouse slept as good as my princess does, that would change. You have to be sure to take time for yourself where it's just him and the babe and time for you both without the babe. 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    the 'thundershirt' for Buffy is one of my next sewing projects--that or weighted blanket.
    I don't have a 'script for her for one, but she's used a compression vest or whatever they call it at OT and she's liked it.  
    Her OT gave me some info on how to sew it, because I"m not their only client on a budget
  • Options
    Happy bday @GBCK.  <3 
  • Options
    I've been wondering how you were doing, @GBCK. Happy birthday!