Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids matched own dresses to swatch

Good morning ladies!

So when I went dress shopping a year ago, I chose a swatch and let my ladies find a dresss they are comfortable in, and set down a few ground rules.
1.  The color must match
2. Same length.

Everyone did a really good job, 3 bridesmaids bought there's right from the bridal store where we bought the swatch, and 3 did not, but were able to match as close as possible. Ive seen the other 3 dresses and they match almost dead on, should i be worried about different fabrics? Most of them are the same except my one bridesmaid doesn't have tulle on her dress. Since they were all very close in color, almost all perfect matches, is this going to stand out in pictures or look odd?

Thank you! 

Re: Bridesmaids matched own dresses to swatch

• Options
    Thank you! That makes me feel so much better. I have read articles online that say its the worst thing I could have done! 
  • Options
    I had 10 BMs wearing 10 different dresses of different fabrics in one of 6 different coordinating colors.  They all looked fabulous and the pictures look fine.

Different fabrics are a non issue.  I personally don't like mismatched hems and think that looks very messy.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I was more worried about the end result of the pictures, as that's something we will have forever, and I was worried about it just not looking right with the fabrics and the colors being slightly different, specially in the sunlight.
  • Options
    Thank you, The hems are all the same length, just the color is almost perfect, but with my one Matron of Honor (I have two) you can tell the color is slightly different. 
  • Options

'It's a shame I couldn't focus on the bride and groom as The extremely minor variations another adult's dress didn't match down to one micron that it ruined the whole day' -no one, ever. 

I was more worried about the end result of the pictures, as that's something we will have forever, and I was worried about it just not looking right with the fabrics and the colors being slightly different, specially in the sunlight.
  • Options

redoryx said:

'It's a shame I couldn't focus on the bride and groom as The extremely minor variations another adult's dress didn't match down to one micron that it ruined the whole day' -no one, ever. 

Do you really think you are going to be celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary, flipping through you photo album and think "It still bums me out that Alison and Jane's dresses are the wrong shade." 

But those photos are !!

op, wedding planning is stressful, we all get it. But this is one of those times to just not worry about it. It's a non-issue and everyone already has their dresses. Surely you aren't suggesting that they go out and buy another dress. 

Don't waste another second worrying about this. Get a margarita and relax. 

There are several factors that can influence tone and shade, including variations in natural and artificial light (just think of the White/ gold or blue/black THAT dress debate). You can't control this so stop stressing. 
  • Options
    Thank you! I didn't really think too much into it until my alterations person, who is also making my Matron of honors dress, said that the fabric she is using will look different compared to everyone else. Then it made me think if thats going to look bad for pictures, and then google didn't help. So thank you all! 
  • Options

levioosa said:

Why are you having bridesmaids for a vow renewal? 

Because we had a small intimate wedding with less then 10 people, and have been planning this vow renewal for a year and a half for our families. Again, I'm  not exactly sure why it matters. 
  • Options

Thank you! I didn't really think too much into it until my alterations person, who is also making my Matron of honors dress, said that the fabric she is using will look different compared to everyone else. Then it made me think if thats going to look bad for pictures, and then google didn't help. So thank you all! 

Are you kidding me?! You are already married. 

You cant have bridesmaids as you aren't a bride. There is no such thing as a wifesmaid. 

I cant believe you would be so selfish as to demand your friends pay for dresses for your fake wedding. 

Kardashian levels of self-absorption here!

Do you just like to troll around on this website because you have nothing better to do? You're the reason no one likes to ask questions in forums. OVER OPINIONATED people who are RUDE. 
  • Options

levioosa said:

You cant have bridesmaids as you aren't a bride. There is no such thing as a wifesmaid. 

I cant believe you would be so selfish as to demand your friends pay for dresses for your fake wedding. 

Do you just like to troll around on this website because you have nothing better to do? You're the reason no one likes to ask questions in forums. OVER OPINIONATED people who are RUDE. 

You obviously don't know the meaning of trolling. There's someone rude here, but it isn't LondonLisa. 

She is going on to every board I asked a question about, and is saying the same exact thing, and not even answering any of my questions. So yes trolling. 

I'm not here to listen to your opinions about what you think is right and isn't right if you DON'T know the back story as to WHY we did things the way we did them. So if you aren't going to answer my question, go troll some where else. I don't have time for immature women. 
  • Options

She is going on to every board I asked a question about, and is saying the same exact thing, and not even answering any of my questions. So yes trolling. 

I'm not here to listen to your opinions about what you think is right and isn't right if you DON'T know the back story as to WHY we did things the way we did them. So if you aren't going to answer my question, go troll some where else. I don't have time for immature women. 

Here's the thing, though, we've heard all the reasons excuses for having a PPD and it still doesn't matter. You chose to get married the way you chose to get married, own it regardless of the reasoning behind it. You're not a bride, you're a wife and worst of all, you're apparently lying to everyone about your marital status. I'd be beyond pissed, like never speak to you again pissed, if I were in your fake wedding, spent all that money and time on it, only to find out it was all a lie.
  • Options

levioosa said:

You obviously don't know the meaning of trolling. There's someone rude here, but it isn't LondonLisa. 

So you did it for insurance? For the pretty pictures? It doesn't really matter. The fact is you made a CHOICE to get married in a DW wedding, and now you want to have the big party too. What you are doing is rude.  It is immature to think you deserve a big party and gifts.  

Oh, and we all visit multiple boards. You're not that special.  

• Options

You should have watched the boards before posting. You would have known this is what would happen.

We don't have time for liars on these boards.

Also don't post the same damn thing on multiple boards! You're wasting time. Everyone one TK hates pretty princess days PPD - when you're married but have a wedding.

You chose to get married. Your wedding party isn't choosing to be lied to.
  • Options
    You are honestly ok with lying to your friends about being married so that they will dress up and pretend to be bridesmaids? 

This is flat out disgusting. And no, it's not a matter of opinion. It is a fact that you are married. It is a fact that you are lying to your family and friends about being married. It is a fact that lying about this is flat out wrong. 

I'm quite sure that you're made up, because you are so perfectly devoid of any morals or responsibility. But sadly, it is true that there are people who are selfish enough to behave this way. 
  • Options
    The Knot is a site that is designed to help brides plan their weddings.  You are not a bride.
    If you want to post about your vow renewal, then you are welcome to use that board.  Otherwise, you don't belong here.  We are tired of your games.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    And OP, what do you do when your MOH and/or one of your bridesmaids wants to sign your marriage license after the "ceremony" as a witness? Do you tell her then that you were lying to her, or do you keep up the charade?