Wedding Woes

Monday Funday?

2»

Re: Monday Funday?

• @CharmedPam Omg. I don't understand how a dollar dance can not feel like begging for money?? It's so strange. good of you to help out. I wonder if she'll thank you guys or assume that it isn't necessary? 

@mrsconn23 feel better soon! 

@lyndausvi I hope you're hikes went well! 

@charlotte989875 Happy Anniversary!

And then to go up to people and ask why they're not joining in? Gross.
  • Sending you good vibes, @kimmiinthemitten

This weekend was pretty good. I got to do my usual hike but it was 100 out so it kicked my ass. I had to keep stopping because my heart rate was too high. It was so freaking hot. Then we went home and went out to dinner with SO's sister and her bf. We had grand plans to go bar hopping after but apparently we are old now and we barely made it through (an admittedly late) dinner. Then we came home and were in bed by 11:30. 

Sunday I drove 2 hours for a baptism that lasted 10 minutes. The reception was at the Trump golf course so I went home right afterwards. Then we hung out, played some pool at the local bar and tried to avoid the heat. It's going to be 100 for the next few days and I can't. 

This morning I got a thyroid ultrasound and I don't know what to make of the question the tech asked. In the middle of the ultrasound she asked "are you getting a full thyroid blood test work up?" And now I'm all paranoid. Like, is that a standard question? Or did you see something? And they're not allowed to say anything about the test for legal reasons so I didn't even bother trying to find out. Guess I'll find out at my next appointment. 

SO is home from work today in protest of some major shenanigans going on. It's nice to have him home but I'm sorry for the circumstances. Poor guy is so stressed out. 

• 6fsn said:

Because I'm still a little shocked in sharing here too. The front and back of a kindergarten note. Oliver have this to my daughter.  

So sweet!  But I'm also cracking up with you that it was written on the back of a Smirnoff box, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2017

6fsn said:

Because I'm still a little shocked in sharing here too. The front and back of a kindergarten note. Oliver have this to my daughter.  

So sweet!  But I'm also cracking up with you that it was written on the back of a Smirnoff box, lol.

eta - i read wrong. Too little sleep. Too much sun.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I love the Smirnoff note LOL
  • @6fsn - at least they recycled?

@levioosa thanks!  Sorry to hear about the confusion at your u/s.  Isn't that the worst though?  You already know we're going to overanalyze every eyebrow raise and now you're going to throw that in there!  Fingers crossed you get answers soon.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

So, I have to ask.  What is that about?  Does he need a dr.'s note every time he's sick?  Or only if it is two days or more?  And then he needs to have TWO dr.'s notes?  Like from two different doctors?  Or a separate note for each day?

I mean, however it's sliced, that is some crazy stuff.  I've never worked for anyplace like that.  I think the "strictest" sick policy I've had is "if you're sick more than 3 days in a row, you need a dr.'s note".  I was out for an entire week of work in Jan. 2016.  I had a dr.'s note ready, just in case, but no one ever asked me for one.

He has like 3 'actual sick' days a year he can use w/o any excuse, then a doctors note for each day he's sick.
    He didn't manage to get into the docs on day 1, because he thought it was gong to be a 1 day migraine...and because he's sometimes an idiot.
    So the doc wouldn't write it for both days, and work wouldn't accept it for bothd ays.

It's obnxious.
    Also, the note can't be by a nurse, a PA, etc.  must be the doctor.  and must state the nature of the illness--which is a battle EVERY time because the doc's office is always like "BUT HIPPA" and we're all "yup, we're waiving HIPPA.  have to"
    ANd this is with a union contrct. :|
  • @levioosa sending you good vibes!!!

Today flew by. Just got my deadline out the door though! Woohoo! I spent about 85% of today on my feet, so I am looking forward to getting home and putting on slippers. I may start keeping flip flops in my car to help with future end-of-day preggo foot pain and swelling.
  • Come on over to the Invitations board.  We have a good one.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• GBCK said:

So, I have to ask.  What is that about?  Does he need a dr.'s note every time he's sick?  Or only if it is two days or more?  And then he needs to have TWO dr.'s notes?  Like from two different doctors?  Or a separate note for each day?

I mean, however it's sliced, that is some crazy stuff.  I've never worked for anyplace like that.  I think the "strictest" sick policy I've had is "if you're sick more than 3 days in a row, you need a dr.'s note".  I was out for an entire week of work in Jan. 2016.  I had a dr.'s note ready, just in case, but no one ever asked me for one.

He has like 3 'actual sick' days a year he can use w/o any excuse, then a doctors note for each day he's sick.
    He didn't manage to get into the docs on day 1, because he thought it was gong to be a 1 day migraine...and because he's sometimes an idiot.
    So the doc wouldn't write it for both days, and work wouldn't accept it for bothd ays.

It's obnxious.
    Also, the note can't be by a nurse, a PA, etc.  must be the doctor.  and must state the nature of the illness--which is a battle EVERY time because the doc's office is always like "BUT HIPPA" and we're all "yup, we're waiving HIPPA.  have to"
    ANd this is with a union contrct. :|

GBCK - any chance of the Mr. registering (maybe not the right word?) the migraines as a disability so he can get ADA protection? My company asked a while back about disabilities, and chronic migraines were on the list. i'm lucky that our sick policy is very liberal (as is WFH as long as your boss supports) but it may be useful if he can get protection. 

• edited May 2017
    Thanks everyone! We had a great day. Went to the zoo, had cake, watched a movie. Fantastic. 

@kimmiinthemitten, Yes! Highlights that need to be redone a bit. All the good thoughts for good results. Also @levioosa all the good vibes for you, too. 
  • My hikes were good.   Total of 7 or so miles.

Then a bunch of us went to go to the new brewery for lunch.  Only to find out they will not be open until dinner. So we went somewhere else.  Did some day drinking.  Everyone came back to our place hung out playing Operation (as a drinking game of course).   Then we finally went to the new place.  A few misses (not unusual for a new place), but overall we will be back.  Plus it's walkable!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We've talked about intermittent FMLA--he could get it.
    Problem being that the Mr's ongoing battle w/ anxiety and depression makes him ABSURDLY incredibly likely to abuse that.  

Not that would cause him work issues (although it might), mostly that it makes him take a few non-necessary sick days and then they get him off further and he takes more non necessary sick days.  
    We're trying to find a workaround for that, but don't really want him to have a 'get out of jail free' card in the interim.