Wedding Woes

Two for Tuesday...

As in I get to keep my boobs...diagnosis is fat necrosis, which is benign. I still have to do the correlation MRI this morning to make sure they biopsied the right spot and then I'll get follow up information. The nurse that called (who was my nurse for the ultrasound, biopsy and mammo on Friday) didn't want me to wait until this afternoon though. She's my new best friend. 

Other than that, IDGAF!  I should probably figure out how to refocus back on my life and work though lol. 

Re: Two for Tuesday...

• @kimmiinthemitten great news!!!!!

Today I have the morning to catch up on things I set aside while I was working on the deadline I got out the door yesterday afternoon. Then I have a kick-off this afternoon.

I woke up too swollen to wear my favorite pink velvet booties, so I had to resort to oxblood patent leather t-straps. FWP. 

On the plus side, my coffee shop had butterscotch coffee this morning - my favorite! And the sun is sort of out. And tonight is a new episode of Below Deck Mediterranean. 
  • I'm on my monthly early am call with engineering leadership, fun times. Going into the office after it's over. Pens & Sens game tonight - potential elimination with Pens moving on to finals, so it's a BFD. :smiley: If the Pens move on, I wonder how DK would feel if I hopped a plane to Pittsburgh or Nashville for a game... hmmm...

Not much else going on, working on more Aussie plans. Going to book the rest of the internal flights in a few weeks, need to do hotel research, and set up our scuba certification classes. We also have our quickie FL and Cuba trip coming up in less than a month, so very excited for that. It will be nice to get away for a few days. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yay! @kimmiinthemitten

max has a tummy bug. It's so gross and I hope it stays contained to him. 

Tomorrow is is the last day of school. I'm kind of happy kind of dreading it. 
  • Great news @kimmiinthemitten!!!
    @charlotte989875 nothing like a cabin with friends! I hope you have a wonderful time! @*Barbie* I am sure DK won't mind. ;) your trips sound amazing.

SSDD here. Morning coffee with some ladies, wandered around the mall for a bit since Friend wanted to see if a table she saw on clearance was still there (it wasn't :(
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My only hockey care right now- mu cousin is a sideline reporter for the predators. She's getting great air time. 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2017
    @kimmiinthemitten   - great news.  

I have the same thing.   For me, they put in a microscopic titanium chip to make the spot so in the future they know it's been checked out already.    That procedure was a little odd.  Basically you lay on your stomach on a table.  They open up a slot and your boob falls down.   Then they shoot up the chip into your boob.   We moved since then and it's been convenient or the new techs. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten, such good news!!!  I'm really glad to hear it.

@charlotte989875, now that's my kind of "camping"!  I hope you have a great time, it sounds really fun.

There sure hasn't been much going on lately with me.  Which is a whole lot better than things going wrong!  I'm going to take my cue from @sparklepants41 and focus on the small, good things in life!

I made a loud grumble as I was waking up and my sweet puppers ran up the bed to vigorously lick my head to "make sure I was okay".  She is always a day brightener.  My drive to work was smoother and easier and than typical.  The sun is also shining bright here, though I'm going to put that in the "negative" column.  It is already way too hot, lol.  I'm wearing one of my comfier work outfits, which always makes the day so much better. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimmiinthemitten, fantastic!  so happy for you!
    @charlotte989875, that sounds like an awesome vacation. Right up my alley.
    @6fsn, I hope the preds take it. If they can beat Chicago - they got this! Also, I love Carrie Underwood.

My sister was driving back to Canada from my brother's house and came to visit us yesterday with her hubby and the kids.  They are precious.  The older one, who's 4, is my shadow. She wanted to do everything I did.  It was so cute. And the younger one, 2, finally said my name!  I was a happy aunt.  DH has the day off work so he got to go out to breakfast with them before they went on the road again. BOOO work and responsibilities! 

• lyndausvi said:

@kimmiinthemitten   - great news.  

I have the same thing.   For me, they put in a microscopic titanium chip to make the spot so in the future they know it's been checked out already.    That procedure was a little odd.  Basically you lay on your stomach on a table.  They open up a slot and your boob falls down.   Then they shoot up the chip into your boob.   We moved since then and it's been convenient or the new techs. 

Thanks everyone!  The relief is overwhelming. 

They do the marker during the biopsy at my hospital so I have a white one in the left side from last week and a blue one in the right side from my 2011 biopsy. It's so odd how there isn't one standard across all hospitals. I read about another that doesn't do it at all, they just put in the measurements which seems like more work for the technicians and radiologists than it's worth. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat congrats on the house sale! That must feel good to cross off your to-do list :)

And thank you for the advice! I will pick up some Epsom salt on my way home tonight. I have been drinking approx. 80 ounces of water a day, so it shouldn't be too hard to up that amount to 100 oz.
  • @DrillSergeantCat, Congrats!!!  It's too bad it wasn't more, but at least it sold quickly.  That is amazing news on your H's house A/C.  I had to replace a busted HVAC unit last summer in one of my rentals.  It was over $3K, that is not a cheap repair!

Glad you didn't let H's margarita go to waste ;).  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimmiinthemitten So happy to hear such great news! 
    @charlotte989875 that cabin sounds divine.
    @sparklepants41 I've never heard of butterscotch coffee it now I'm very intrigued and want to try it. 
    @CharmedPam your sister's children sound super cute! Yay for saying your name! :smiley: 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @kimmiinthemitten great news!
    congrats on the house selling @DrillSergeantCat   And I'm jealous of Garth, I would love to see him in concert and I'm not a concert person

Mostly SSDD here.

I have to get a headshot taken tomorrow - my work does them so we can get an updated one whenever we want but really I need it to send to my college for an award plaque. They requested a black and white 5x7 -- what color(s) would you recommend I wear? I know that sounds dumb, but will something like a black shirt look strange for a black/white picture? Open to suggestions!
  • @sparklepants41 I have a 48oz mug that I keep at work. I'll drink more water if I only have to fill it twice. I got it at Target. 

@short+sassy I really shouldn't complain. I bought the house 2 years ago for $90,000 and sold it for $95,000. We were asking $99,900 but were expecting to have to pay closing costs. This is a cash sale. Yay! H's AC was going to be a giant bitch if we had to replace it. I'm so thankful it was only $145 fix. I'm going to buy a 65 cent cover so that it hopefully doesn't happen again.
  • @kimmiinthemitten and @DrillSergeantCat great news for you both!

SSDD. I've been getting over a head cold/soar throat, so been less productive than usual. The first draft of my thesis is nearly done, and my parents are flying in for a week on Sunday. The weather is finally nice here, it'll be 29 degrees over the weekend.

We got an invitation for nephew's (DH's sister's son) birthday celebration Saturday. Internally (and externally a little bit) I'm rolling my eyes because less than a week notice is short, but to be fair, is much better than the 20 hour notice we got for niece's first birthday. I have a thing that day, and I can't rearrange it on such short notice.
  • @kvruns I googled it and came up with this: https://www.shutterfly.com/ideas/dress-black-white-photo-shoot/. Congratulations on the award!

• @sparklepants41 I have a 48oz mug that I keep at work. I'll drink more water if I only have to fill it twice. I got it at Target. 

@short+sassy I really shouldn't complain. I bought the house 2 years ago for $90,000 and sold it for $95,000. We were asking $99,900 but were expecting to have to pay closing costs. This is a cash sale. Yay! H's AC was going to be a giant bitch if we had to replace it. I'm so thankful it was only $145 fix. I'm going to buy a 65 cent cover so that it hopefully doesn't happen again.

Suh-weet!!!  No worries about the buyer getting turned down in the loan underwriting.  I had that happen to me when I was trying to buy my first house.  I ended up losing that house over it.  But it was a major blessing in disguise because the house I did buy was half the price, even cuter (though 25% smaller) and a better location.

Plus, with a cash sale, if you and the buyer would want to, you all could probably close in only about two weeks.  There are a LOT less moving parts when a bank isn't involved, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimmiinthemitten, YAAAAAAY on the good news! I'm so happy for you. 

DH and I booked our summer getaway (well, the hotel, at least, which we booked with my points, yay work travel perks). I'm so excited, we're going to Yosemite for a week.  I've never actually been in a relationship with anyone who likes being outdoorsy with me, so it's even more exciting that my H is that person and he'll do these things with me FOREVER.  I can't wait to try Half Dome.  We won't do the rope climb b/c of the lottery, but it's an excuse to go back again.

Also, there's an opportunity for me to go abroad for a few months for work this year, and even though the scope of the trip is vague, at best (read: non-existent), I'm thinking about putting my name in.  

As a result of all of this happening in the last 24-hrs, I'm pretty sure I fell off the "let's have kids" wagon. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• So glad everything is fine @kimmiinthemitten. Congrats on the house sale @DrillSergeantCat. DD and SIL are hoping to make an offer on a house tonight. I really hope they get it - it checks all their major boxes.

Had a great time at my book club last night but got to bed way too late! I'm too old for that. I had to get up and to the gym this morning to meet with my trainer. I was dragging. Not much else going on here.
  • @kimmiinthemitten Congratulations on the good news!  Glad to hear it's nothing serious

@DrillSergeantCat Exciting news on the house.  It's always a relief to sell

I've been sick for over a week now and can't seem to get rid of it.  It's better when I get up and do things, so I should probably do that, but I feel too shitty at the moment.  It's mostly just stuffed head still, and an occasional dry cough.  My colds don't normally last over a week.  And it figures I would be sick over the entire extended May long weekend.  Back to work on Thursday 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    thanks @joney ! that tells me solid black is a bad idea.  Uh oh 
  • @kimmiinthemitten, congratulations!!!!!  Yay for fat necrosis. :)

@charlotte989875, soooooo jealous!  Have fun!

@mrsconn23, glad you're starting to feel better.

Not much here.  FSIL asked me to do a reading at the wedding, and I'm in.  Waiting for my dress to ship--should be any day now.  Booked afternoon tea at Harrod's.  I was planning to do it somewhere else, but my mom wants to hit Harrod's and do tea, so it's kind of a two-fer--that will be her day.  Working on figuring out the rest. 

Wooz was invited to a party in the middle of the weekday, and I was SMH so hard over all of it: the RSVP date a month in advance, emailing me before the RSVP date, endless evite updates, etc.  We told Wooz she could do that or the camp she was already signed up for, and she chose camp.  After I politely declined, the mom came back at me and tried to talk me into sending Wooz.  What?  The girls aren't close, I don't even know the mom, and I have never had anyone send a rebuttal to an RSVP before.

It's raining, but I should go to the gym anyway...

• Heffalump said:

@kimmiinthemitten, congratulations!!!!!  Yay for fat necrosis. :)

@charlotte989875, soooooo jealous!  Have fun!

@mrsconn23, glad you're starting to feel better.

Not much here.  FSIL asked me to do a reading at the wedding, and I'm in.  Waiting for my dress to ship--should be any day now.  Booked afternoon tea at Harrod's.  I was planning to do it somewhere else, but my mom wants to hit Harrod's and do tea, so it's kind of a two-fer--that will be her day.  Working on figuring out the rest. 

Wooz was invited to a party in the middle of the weekday, and I was SMH so hard over all of it: the RSVP date a month in advance, emailing me before the RSVP date, endless evite updates, etc.  We told Wooz she could do that or the camp she was already signed up for, and she chose camp.  After I politely declined, the mom came back at me and tried to talk me into sending Wooz.  What?  The girls aren't close, I don't even know the mom, and I have never had anyone send a rebuttal to an RSVP before.

It's raining, but I should go to the gym anyway...

Probably because she is getting a lot of declines, lol.  Because she is the crazy pants having a kid's bday party on a weekday, during the day.  It's a shame, but many parents have these pesky things called jobs and can't ferry their child back and forth to a bday party in the middle of the work day.  Just sayin'.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2017

@DrillSergeantCat congrats on the house sale! That must feel good to cross off your to-do list :)

And thank you for the advice! I will pick up some Epsom salt on my way home tonight. I have been drinking approx. 80 ounces of water a day, so it shouldn't be too hard to up that amount to 100 oz.

Sorry, but there is no scientific evidence that Epsom salts do anything except make the water feel nice.  I was told to use them by a podiatrist after surgery.  DH looked it up.  It is an old folk remedy, but it really doesn't so anything.  http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/epsom-salt-bath#1
    Drink lots of water and keep your feet elevated.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• Probably because she is getting a lot of declines, lol.  Because she is the crazy pants having a kid's bday party on a weekday, during the day.  It's a shame, but many parents have these pesky things called jobs and can't ferry their child back and forth to a bday party in the middle of the work day.  Just sayin'.

Right?  She's doing it at one of those indoor waterpark places, so I'm sure it's cheaper in the middle of a weekday.  But as we tell brides, it's cheaper for a reason, so be prepared for declines.  Mr. Heff and I talked, and decided if Wooz really wanted to go, we'd do some WFH/drop off/pick up voodoo and make it work.  But when we asked her, she said she'd rather do camp.  Done.

Which made it super awkward when the mom was like "Hey, I saw you RSVPed no.  If you'll let her go, I'll drive her."  (That was the gist of it, it was actually a whole rambling paragraph.)  Now you made it awkward--it's not a transportation issue, it's an "I'd rather do something else" issue. 

It was full of etiquette lapses, though.  I wasn't about to go into all of it above, but one of the many updates was when she sent a note saying that parents weren't allowed to stay with their kids because they're only paying for the kids, not the parents.  These girls are all eight-ish, so drop off parties are the norm, and I certainly don't expect people to pay for me to hang out at a water park.  But there was definitely a nicer way of wording it.  I don't think we'll be missing much.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2017

Heffalump said:

Probably because she is getting a lot of declines, lol.  Because she is the crazy pants having a kid's bday party on a weekday, during the day.  It's a shame, but many parents have these pesky things called jobs and can't ferry their child back and forth to a bday party in the middle of the work day.  Just sayin'.

Right?  She's doing it at one of those indoor waterpark places, so I'm sure it's cheaper in the middle of a weekday.  But as we tell brides, it's cheaper for a reason, so be prepared for declines.  Mr. Heff and I talked, and decided if Wooz really wanted to go, we'd do some WFH/drop off/pick up voodoo and make it work.  But when we asked her, she said she'd rather do camp.  Done.

Which made it super awkward when the mom was like "Hey, I saw you RSVPed no.  If you'll let her go, I'll drive her."  (That was the gist of it, it was actually a whole rambling paragraph.)  Now you made it awkward--it's not a transportation issue, it's an "I'd rather do something else" issue. 

It was full of etiquette lapses, though.  I wasn't about to go into all of it above, but one of the many updates was when she sent a note saying that parents weren't allowed to stay with their kids because they're only paying for the kids, not the parents.  These girls are all eight-ish, so drop off parties are the norm, and I certainly don't expect people to pay for me to hang out at a water park.  But there was definitely a nicer way of wording it.  I don't think we'll be missing much.

I hope the Mom has cleared this with the water park!  Many places won't allow children this young without a parent or legal guardian for liability reasons!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Good morning/afternoon, all!

@kimmiinthemitten that's great news!

I had to go sign HR paperwork today.  I showed up and the HR lady was like, "by the way, your first day is tomorrow." Thanks. Not like I had school or plans or anything I now have to scramble to take care of.  At least I'll make some money this week, but really? A day's notice?  So now I have double the amount of things to do today and not nearly enough time to complete them.  At least I have a job.  

I had to move my appointment for my doctor's appointment to Thursday (because surprise, another work day fell on the appointment day), so at least I'll get some answers (hopefully) then.