Wedding Woes

How much pizza?

We're doing a pizza party after soccer practice. 15 adults, 20 kids. Most kids are 7/8 yo boys. Pizza is little Caesars (not changing). There will be fruit, veggies, salad and cupcakes. 

My family usually eats a littles than1, so my gut says 8. I've learned my family is weird though. 

Re: How much pizza?

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2017

I'm only good for 2 pieces and DH takes the rest.  So that is one 12 inch for the both of us.  Although DH is know to eat the entire thing himself too.

What size?   8 pizza that are cut into 8's is 64 pieces.  That is just shy of 2 per person.   I think most people are 2 per person.  Even kids.    

But it depends on the size of the pie.  A slice of a 16 inch is different than a 12 inch.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Call me a pizza monster, but I don't think that's enough. I would get 10-12 large pizzas. Better to have leftovers than to be short.
    *********************************************************************************

• pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited May 2017
    I order a lot of pizza for church things, I always figure 4 people per pizza if I have little kids and 3 per pizza for older teens/adults. In your case I'd probably get 9 or 10 - it always seems to all disappear.
    Edited to add - We usually don't have salad, just cupcakes.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I would say at least 2 pieces per person and then maybe add in an extra pizza or two to be safe. So 12 pizzas. Can always send extras home with people or keep for your family for later. 

• levioosa said:

I think 3 slices per each adult and at 2 per child would be okay.  I might be over estimating, but I'd rather have extra than not enough, and pizza reheats great. 

I concur, although with Little Caesar's you might get less than normal  ;)

I'd go with 10-11 pizzas total, if 12". 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    They're 14" pizzas with a thicker crust.  I'd be fine with leftovers if we were at home, but we'll be at a park and there's a parent kid soccer game after. 

10 is probably the number. 
  • I'm a sucker for cold pizza for breakfast, so I'd probably throw an extra one in there just for me.  :D
    *********************************************************************************

• 6fsn6fsn member

I'm a sucker for cold pizza for breakfast, so I'd probably throw an extra one in there just for me.  :D

After it's sat out at a park for 2 hrs and 20 kids (10 of which were just playing soccer) have manhandled it?  I usually eat most anything, but this is getting an ick face from me.

• I'm a sucker for cold pizza for breakfast, so I'd probably throw an extra one in there just for me.  :D

:: fist bump :: 

I'm an "add it up and then add one more" person.   So slice wise, I'd go with 2 per kid and 3 per adult.  Figure out how many slices per pizza and then add one more pizza to the overall total.  

• 6fsn said:

I'm a sucker for cold pizza for breakfast, so I'd probably throw an extra one in there just for me.  :D

After it's sat out at a park for 2 hrs and 20 kids (10 of which were just playing soccer) have manhandled it?  I usually eat most anything, but this is getting an ick face from me.

yeah, this is one of those situations where i grab what i want, put it aside, then put out the food for everyone else. see also - kids' parties. 

There was a scene in Gilmore Girls where Lorelai was telling Rory that if she wanted to eat chips at a party, never take them out of the bowl. offer to refill the bowl and take some from the (presumably untainted) bag. That's my policy when kids are involved. 

• My initial answer is all the pizza but that does't help.

At my work we budget 3 pieces per adult, even with salad and pasta and then round up a pizza.  I'm with @levioosa 3 slices/adult and 2/kids.

I was going to say the same thing.  :D

• levioosa said:

My initial answer is all the pizza but that does't help.

At my work we budget 3 pieces per adult, even with salad and pasta and then round up a pizza.  I'm with @levioosa 3 slices/adult and 2/kids.

Yep!  Before I even read the post.  Just saw the title.  My answer was, "A lot."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My 4 year old can eat 2-3 square pieces of slab. I can eat 3-4, if it's corner pizza 4-6 pieces. There will be garburators like us, go with more, someone will finish the leftovers. 
  • This whole conversation makes me believe my round ass is getting a Hawaiian (Michigan style) for dinner!

• levioosa said:

My initial answer is all the pizza but that does't help.

Yep!  Before I even read the post.  Just saw the title.  My answer was, "A lot."

Ditto! My initial thought was "tons of pizza."
  • I normally budget 2-3 for my year end parties with the kids.  I find the elementary kids could eat 3-4 if I let them, but they're happy with 2-3.  Plus if you have veggies/salad/etc., they an eat that too.  I normally do mostly cheese and pepperoni with a handful of Hawaiians thrown in.  The cheese seems to go the fastest with all the kids I know (ages 9-15)

• I normally budget 2-3 for my year end parties with the kids.  I find the elementary kids could eat 3-4 if I let them, but they're happy with 2-3.  Plus if you have veggies/salad/etc., they an eat that too.  I normally do mostly cheese and pepperoni with a handful of Hawaiians thrown in.  The cheese seems to go the fastest with all the kids I know (ages 9-15)

I'm always surprised at how popular cheese pizza is.  I find it to be sacrilege!  I think toppings are the best part!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Every time I see this thread I think about how I want pizza. I really could eat it every day 

• kvruns said:

Every time I see this thread I think about how I want pizza. I really could eat it every day 

Last night, I killed some Hawaiian pizza slices like I was the next star of My 600 Life and I'm not sorry.  It'll probably be my preflight breakfast tomorrow too - cold of course.
  • I'm seriously wanting some pizza - I've been doing the low carb thing so haven't had any in a long time (months)!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I know you were all dying to know the outcome.  We got 9 pizzas and had 4 leftover.  Kids and grown ups were eating.  They demolished the fruit and the jello thing coach brought though.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    only 5 pizzas eaten for 35 people?!?

• kvruns said:

only 5 pizzas eaten for 35 people?!?

THIS!  

Also, I've been craving Donatos cheese pizza for the last 3 days because of this post.  IDK why the craving is that specific.

I am filling the pizza shaped hole in my heart with home made pizza tonight, which is always better than stuff you can order.  ;) 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Weather took us down to 13 adults and 18 kids so 31. There was a little bit of fruit and salad left and a bunch of pizza and cupcakes. Weird right?  
  • kvrunskvruns member

6fsn said:

Weather took us down to 13 adults and 18 kids so 31. There was a little bit of fruit and salad left and a bunch of pizza and cupcakes. Weird right?  

Who are these healthy people?