Wedding Woes

Two for Tuesday...

2»

Re: Two for Tuesday...

• Heffalump said:

It was full of etiquette lapses, though.  I wasn't about to go into all of it above, but one of the many updates was when she sent a note saying that parents weren't allowed to stay with their kids because they're only paying for the kids, not the parents.  These girls are all eight-ish, so drop off parties are the norm, and I certainly don't expect people to pay for me to hang out at a water park.  But there was definitely a nicer way of wording it.  I don't think we'll be missing much.

Well no worries there if they're having to beg people to come. 
    I just feel bad for that kid that she probably won't have many people (if any) at her party. 

FWIW, I would be saying "oh hell no" to even going. I get not all parents work, but I feel like there are a lot more working parents than there used to be. I said that to DK the other day when the school gave us yet another opportunity to disappoint our kid by throwing the end of the year party at like 10 am on a Thursday and inviting the parents. Yeah, we already had to make arrangements for Friday because you ended school on Thursday, now we have to try to work out how to show up Thursday mid-morning too? Sorry, not happening. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @Heffalump that mom is crazy.  We have been invited to one midweek party and still had problems making it.

@Barbie There's never a good time to schedule things at schools.  Do they have early dismissal?  6let's ended up at a weird time because of early dismassal, lunches, 5th grade clap out, and kindergarten graduation.  I almost never go to the school parties, but am this year.  It seems like the only parents there are usually the room parent and a few volunteers.

• 6fsn said:

@Heffalump that mom is crazy.  We have been invited to one midweek party and still had problems making it.

@Barbie There's never a good time to schedule things at schools.  Do they have early dismissal?  6let's ended up at a weird time because of early dismassal, lunches, 5th grade clap out, and kindergarten graduation.  I almost never go to the school parties, but am this year.  It seems like the only parents there are usually the room parent and a few volunteers.

@6fsn  they said parents could take the kids home early, but they encouraged people to stay for the full day, which made even less sense to me. We haven't heard anything that her before/after school program is cancelled {note: double check} so we wouldn't be picking her up until the normal 5:15-6ish. They did the kinder "graduation" (no caps, no gowns, but the kids had a little concert and then their names were called)  last Tuesday night, so luckily no conflict. I mean, I was still really sore and drugged up from Monday, but I went and clapped and video-ed and she was happy. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    A guy is running our webinar from the airport. While he acknowledged it as a scheduling mishap it is super annoying hearing a ton of voices and announcements in the back ground