Wedding Party

Ghost Bridesmaid..

lady_stonelady_stone member
First Comment
edited May 2017 in Wedding Party
One of my bridesmaids did not return my calls or texts two weeks before my bridal shower. She lives out of state and I knee that she would not be attending but she had previously agreed to contribute to the cost with my MOH and was going to mail a check. My MOH had not heard from her in the weeks leading up to the shower and asked me to try and reach her. She did not return my calls or texts. The day after my shower she texted that she was having some medical issues and had bad service; she didn't mention the money ($140) which I ended up contributing myself. Long story short she has not contacted me since that one text but has been active daily on social media. My feelings are hurt to be honest that she isn't responding; I stated several times that I could cover costs for any of my girls but I needed a heads up. I think its absurdly rude that she is ignoring the matter and furthermore I'm not sure how to proceed... Is she going to be in the wedding? She dodged my questions about if she had ordered her dress before all of this happened so I don't even know if she has it and to be honest I don't want to hunt down a friend to make sure she isn't bailing on me.... I don't know how to proceed if she isn't answering me? my wedding is in 6 weeks.

Re: Ghost Bridesmaid..

• Oh yeah of course I said that I hope everything is alright but she isn't responding.... Its really frustrating. And to be honest I feel like I will be really upset if she just reappears right before the wedding and expects that its fine that she disappeared. I have very mixed feelings.

• Maybe I have seen too many cheesy psychological thrillers, but am I the only one who had originally hoped this thread was going to be about a bridesmaid who is actually a ghost? 

No. I was too. I was thinking she was going to ask how she could incorporate the memory of her recently deceased BM. Much disappointment.

• Maybe I have seen too many cheesy psychological thrillers, but am I the only one who had originally hoped this thread was going to be about a bridesmaid who is actually a ghost? 

I knew what it would be about but deep down I was still hopeful that it was about an actual ghost until I started reading it. I'm still a little disappointed.