Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What Would You Pay a Friend to Design Invites?

2»

Re: What Would You Pay a Friend to Design Invites?

• Options

scribe95 said:

On the charity issue - what is the purpose of the note saying that? Answer it honestly. There is no need to tell people that except you want credit of some kind or don't want people to think you forgot favors. Either way it benefits YOU - not the guest.

Somewhat OT, but I hate when people do this in real life too. A former friend would always post her charitable donations (with the amount!!) on Facebook every time she donated and it just....felt so icky. 
  • Options

scribe95 said:

On the charity issue - what is the purpose of the note saying that? Answer it honestly. There is no need to tell people that except you want credit of some kind or don't want people to think you forgot favors. Either way it benefits YOU - not the guest.

Unless part of that note is the amount donated and I can deduct it off my taxes. Lol. 
  • Options
    You do realise you can make charitable donations and not tell people about it? 

The only way way you can make charitable donations a gift is if it is something the person is actively involved in. When my friend's father died (a doctor who worked in several developing countries) I privately donated to DWB in his name instead of sending flowers. This worked because it was tailored to them, and he would have loved money going towards vaccines.

Whenever I see people give donations as gifts en masse instead of favours/ gifts, it just screams 'IM A GOOD PERSON, SEE!'. I mean, sacrifice something for yourself to give to charity. Get a cheaper dress or centrepiece and quietly donate that money to charity. Or better yet, just give money without making a huge attention-seeking song and dance about it. 

I miss the the days when giving donations publicly under any name other than anonymous was considered vulgar.