Budget Weddings Forum

Rustic/Barn Wedding Venue - Northeast/Mid-Atlantic

Hi everyone! I'm newly engaged and hoping for your advice. I live in NYC and am on a tight budget for my Summer/early Fall 2018 wedding - $30k all in, so ideally $20k or less on venue + catering/booze. The guest count will be 150 max (hopefully more like 125). I am willing to travel anywhere in the northeast or mid-atlantic regions.

I was hoping to host a rustic wedding somewhere scenic or perhaps at a barn. I was thinking: outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at the same location. We just want to have something fun and relaxed in a pretty setting. We were even thinking of setting up beer pong, giant connect 4, giant Jenga, and other games outside if the budget allows.

I am open to a classic package that offers catering and everything included at the venue or the DIY, bring everything in and just rent the space method - whatever saves us the most money. Do any of you guys have venues like this to recommend? Or even just advice about the DIY vs all inclusive method in terms of cost-benefit. 

Thanks so much in advance for your help! I thought I would love wedding planning, but now that I'm actually engaged my head is spinning and I don't know where to begin.

Re: Rustic/Barn Wedding Venue - Northeast/Mid-Atlantic

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2017
    You might have more luck on some of the local boards like NJ, CT, or NY State. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Perona Farms might work if you're willing to do a weekday- they are def over your budget and booked out for weekends. 

Have you looked in local wedding mags? I found lots of listings in those. 
  • Thanks so much! I will check that out. 
  • Does anybody else have ideas? It would be great to have several options to check out if anyone wants to share their experience? Thanks again!

• Does anybody else have ideas? It would be great to have several options to check out if anyone wants to share their experience? Thanks again!

CMG alluded to this, but this is an international board. I'm nowhere near that area and can't offer any suggestions. That's the case for most people who will see this post. That's why Starmoon suggested something actually locally-based in addition to the one place she knew.

Would you like me to move this to a local board? If so, let me know where you'd like me to move it. There are several boards in the tri-state area.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm not in your area, but because you asked for general advice, I recommend finding a place with enough indoor space that you could hold the ceremony inside in case of inclement weather. Otherwise, you need to factor a tent/heaters/fans/etc. into your budget.
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • Hi! You pretty much described exactly the wedding that I'm throwing this September. It's at Mount Tremper Arts in Phoenicia, NY (the Catskills) (www.eventsatmounttremperarts.com) and it includes outdoor and indoor spaces, and the rental includes the whole weekend, and my budget is 26K! The caterer I am using is Hickory BBQ, who is also letting me bring in my own booze, although they have per person packages for the bar. Hope this helps!
  • edited July 2018
    RuNata said:
    **Removed for ToS violation**
    @RuNat@RuNata this post is from May 2017.