Wedding Woes

Morning

2»

Re: Morning

• We move too much to really hoard things, so we purge before and as we unpack; clutter makes me anxious (it's a perception of space thing, not really an OCD issue), so if it doesn't fit neatly in a cabinet, shelf, or closet, it's gone; and I think it's DH's life goal to never up-size because "it's extra space to fill with more things we don't need."  It's weird, though, because this weekend I was trying to purge my childhood room, and there were many, many things I wanted to throw away but DH encouraged me to keep "because of the memories."  Nope, sorry, when you're not looking, into the trash that yearbook will go.

Weekend was good, a much needed break with my whole family.  Apparently, me asking my brother if he and his GF were thinking about marriage was "an extremely offensive personal question, like asking when are you and H going to have kids?"  I'm mostly baffled by the correlation, and his reaction, but I guess (?) I understand his sensitivity.  I do wonder who's hounding him about it, though.  Got my Mustang back (it's been parked in my parents' driveway for 3 years), so I obviously drove that to work today, and so far that has been the highlight of my day.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @atomicblonde  clutter makes me anxious also. Mine is a mix of OCD and perception though. I discovered really after moving that quick that clearing clutter made me feel more calm.

• *Barbie* said:

Hello!!

@missJeanLouise I have always wanted to do a legwax, but I can never make it past Day 3 of no shaving...

I keep thinking today is Tuesday. I'm so happy it's not. I have two meetings this afternoon, and came in early for a meeting with some of our subs which went really well. Other than that it's SSDD over here. 

Weird fact about short+sassy, I don't grow any hair on my legs.  I know, I know.  It is really unusual.

But before you all are all jealous, it's a side effect of having a thyroid with almost no function.  At least it is a silver lining for a crappy medical condition, lol.  Men with a low thyroid can tend toward baldness.  But me?  I stopped growing hair on my legs instead.  Fortunately, the hair on my head is fine.

I never found anything about this happening to other women and asked my endocrinologist about it a few years ago.  She was surprised and said she'd never heard of that, but could see why it happened.

I do take medication to get my thyroid more into a normal range, but the hair still doesn't grow (shrug).

My grandfather (who died in his mid-80s) never had leg hair (or else he waxed them or something). He had a full head of hair when he passed, so likely wasn't the thyroid condition - but I always remember asking my mom why he couldn't have bothered to pass along that gene/trait. 

When I see hairless legs on older men I always think "cardiac condition." It's a result of poor blood flow to the legs.  

• levioosa said:

*Barbie* said:

Hello!!

@missJeanLouise I have always wanted to do a legwax, but I can never make it past Day 3 of no shaving...

I keep thinking today is Tuesday. I'm so happy it's not. I have two meetings this afternoon, and came in early for a meeting with some of our subs which went really well. Other than that it's SSDD over here. 

Weird fact about short+sassy, I don't grow any hair on my legs.  I know, I know.  It is really unusual.

But before you all are all jealous, it's a side effect of having a thyroid with almost no function.  At least it is a silver lining for a crappy medical condition, lol.  Men with a low thyroid can tend toward baldness.  But me?  I stopped growing hair on my legs instead.  Fortunately, the hair on my head is fine.

I never found anything about this happening to other women and asked my endocrinologist about it a few years ago.  She was surprised and said she'd never heard of that, but could see why it happened.

I do take medication to get my thyroid more into a normal range, but the hair still doesn't grow (shrug).

My grandfather (who died in his mid-80s) never had leg hair (or else he waxed them or something). He had a full head of hair when he passed, so likely wasn't the thyroid condition - but I always remember asking my mom why he couldn't have bothered to pass along that gene/trait. 

When I see hairless legs on older men I always think "cardiac condition." It's a result of poor blood flow to the legs.  

Well now you're just scaring me, @levioosa.  Though I'm glad you said something.  I also have Type I Diabetes, which can cause circulatory problems because our blood tends to be thicker than the average person's.  My heart is in great condition, but I should bring this up to my current endocrinologist.  It's a different doctor than the one I originally mentioned the "hairless legs" to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• levioosa said:

*Barbie* said:

Hello!!

interesting. i assumed age was a factor, but my mom says he was always like that. no heart issues that i'm aware of, although he had a stroke or 2 when he was 80+. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

kvruns said:

Target popcorn is good! I haven't had it in a long time because I like to eat the whole bag myself!

@6fsn any chance you have a work EAP that handles insurance billing issues? Ours does, you can send them billing issues and they can help work it out on your behalf. I did it on one of mine that I was tired of going back and forth on although as it turned out it finally resolved itself around the same time the EAP started working on it.

sitb-  I am on dh's plan. I asked before when I had issues and he said no. I don't know if he actually looked though. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    And it's time for the annual planning of the mil visit. For 7 years we've gone over for the day to swim. For 7 years it's been a cluster of emails texts and phone calls to pick a date. We were emailing. The last one I said"let's target the first two weeks of July. We can picks specific day as we get closer and see the weather". She's now called twice. First because she didn't bother to read the email and wanted to pick a date. Then to set she read the email and we could pick a date when she comes over Saturday. 

• 6fsn said:

First because she didn't bother to read the email and wanted to pick a date.  

i am so over people not reading e-mails.  I'm having intense visions of just smacking people on top of their heads and yelling, "Please read my carefully worded e-mail of X date that included all of this information and stop e-mailing me with questions already answered!"

• 6fsn said:

And it's time for the annual planning of the mil visit. For 7 years we've gone over for the day to swim. For 7 years it's been a cluster of emails texts and phone calls to pick a date. We were emailing. The last one I said"let's target the first two weeks of July. We can picks specific day as we get closer and see the weather". She's now called twice. First because she didn't bother to read the email and wanted to pick a date. Then to set she read the email and we could pick a date when she comes over Saturday. 

i can see why this is an annual event rather than weekly, monthly or quarterly. 
  • I have a friend whose 21 year old daughter is pregnant. Before she found out she was pregnant, she and the baby's father were in the process of moving to Texas. Apparently, they got into a fight and he abandoned her at a Wal-Mart in Amarillo which is 4 hours away. She didn't want him to know that she was pregnant so she created a new facebook account but someone told him. He's now decided he wants to be involved with the baby's life and is having a hard time being around her family and friends who, rightfully, are angry at him. Today she posted a meme that read, "Crazy how I'm still a virgin and people think I'm not." I replied with a simple, "Ummm." She replied that she's never even seen a boy's pee pee before. Her BD replied, "She's pregnant like mother Mary in the Bible. lol purely innocent." I replied, "Then I guess there's no reason for you to be hanging around."

And THAT is the story of why my best friend's daughter yelled at me today. 

• I have a friend whose 21 year old daughter is pregnant. Before she found out she was pregnant, she and the baby's father were in the process of moving to Texas. Apparently, they got into a fight and he abandoned her at a Wal-Mart in Amarillo which is 4 hours away. She didn't want him to know that she was pregnant so she created a new facebook account but someone told him. He's now decided he wants to be involved with the baby's life and is having a hard time being around her family and friends who, rightfully, are angry at him. Today she posted a meme that read, "Crazy how I'm still a virgin and people think I'm not." I replied with a simple, "Ummm." She replied that she's never even seen a boy's pee pee before. Her BD replied, "She's pregnant like mother Mary in the Bible. lol purely innocent." I replied, "Then I guess there's no reason for you to be hanging around."

Did she actually say "pee pee"? Yeah, she sounds mature enough to have a child. 
  • edited May 2017

*Barbie* said:

Did she actually say "pee pee"? Yeah, she sounds mature enough to have a child. 

She did. She was joking, playing into the "I'm a virgin" thing.

I guess I should add that I'm still laughing about it several hours later.
  • Quick vent.

***Scream of frustration***

I'm doing an already mind-numbing task.  Comparing the Purchase Orders we have in our electronic files vs. our database.  Each project has 100s of these.

The project I am doing right now has been having a "problem item" in about every 5th one.

And there are still almost 90 minutes left in my workday.  I may not survive the torture.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2017

I have a friend whose 21 year old daughter is pregnant. Before she found out she was pregnant, she and the baby's father were in the process of moving to Texas. Apparently, they got into a fight and he abandoned her at a Wal-Mart in Amarillo which is 4 hours away. She didn't want him to know that she was pregnant so she created a new facebook account but someone told him. He's now decided he wants to be involved with the baby's life and is having a hard time being around her family and friends who, rightfully, are angry at him. Today she posted a meme that read, "Crazy how I'm still a virgin and people think I'm not." I replied with a simple, "Ummm." She replied that she's never even seen a boy's pee pee before. Her BD replied, "She's pregnant like mother Mary in the Bible. lol purely innocent." I replied, "Then I guess there's no reason for you to be hanging around."

Bolded is best. Especially after the stunt he pulled.
    {note - trying to think of a joke to use for 'pulled' as in 'pulled out' but can't think of one}

{note - trying to think of a joke to use for 'pulled' as in 'pulled out' but can't think of one}

She immediately messaged me and said, "CATHERINE! NO!" He pulled out of Walmart like he should've pulled out of her??

• 6fsn6fsn member
    Wasn't that a plot of some movie? The baby was named Americus?
  • Hey all! Good morn-errrr evening. 

So glad today is Wednesday. I needed more weekend. 

Last night DH and I worked out together. I've been able to keep it up consistently since January (yay!) and have lost 20 lbs (even bigger yay!), but this was DH's first time doing it with me. Y'all. He is so sore today, poor guy. I tried to warn him that the 21 Day Fix was difficult but he was determined to use super heavy weights and do all the moves without modifying at all. Bless his heart. I am pretty sore too, though. This weird competitive side of me came out since we were doing it together and I pushed myself harder than usual. 

Today was good. Still training and trying to figure out what I'm doing. Tomorrow night I have to go to some city wide young professionals thing with my department. My boss wanted all of us to go at least for a little while. I'm not used to all this quality time and team building after the place I came from :sweat_smile:

@lyndausvi that trip sounds amazing!!!!! So jealous of you guys!

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    We have decided that the next time we visit the kids we are taking them on a cruise with us.  There are a few cruises that sail from Baltimore, and we have booked one with an adjoining cabin.  Our visit in April was fun, but it was a lot of work and stress for my DD and her husband.  They are so excited about next year's plan that they actually drove by the pier in Baltimore Harbor and saw the ship docked.  It will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise, and they have programs for young children and even toddlers.  Nana will be happy to participate!

I try very hard not to criticize when we visit because my own mother was horrible when she visited.  I don't want my kids ever to feel the way she made us feel when she came.  They saw it.  They know.
    My son's house is such a disaster that he asked us not to come over, and we met at a restaurant.  I wouldn't have said anything, but he can read my face, and it really is awful!  Son has no interest in going on the cruise.  He will need to spend a day with us at the end of it before we fly back to Colorado.

DH is an engineer, which means a packrat.  He can't throw it away because he might fix it, or he might use it for parts.  I gave him the smallest bedroom in the house and told him it was his for his junk.  I don't go in there.  Sigh!  Peace of mind.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • That could be a lot of fun, @CMGragain! How old are your grandchildren?

• 6fsn said:

Wasn't that a plot of some movie? The baby was named Americus?

Yep, it was "Where the Heart Is," with Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd, and Stockard Channing.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017

That could be a lot of fun, @CMGragain! How old are your grandchildren?

Daughter has two boys.  Simon will be 5 and Henry will be 2.  We can drop the older boy off at the kids program, but one of us has to accompany Henry.  They don't change diapers for you!  I thought I could stay with the boys in the cabin after dinner while they go to shows or hit the bars.  Mom and Dad will get some time off, but it will be a family vacation, too.  The ship sails north to Halifax, and we have never been to New England and Eastern Canada.  I am looking forward to Boston, too.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Sounds like a great time!
  • @6fsn it was and apparently it happens in real life, too, because her mom had to drag herself to Amarillo at 3 am to go get her daughter.

She immediately messaged me and said, "CATHERINE! NO!" He pulled out of Walmart like he should've pulled out of her??

YES! PERFECT! Lmao