Wedding Woes

Fri-Yay!

2»

Re: Fri-Yay!

• Only good thing about Costco on a Friday of the holiday weekend is all the taste testing. Although I really believe they should give samples of their wine selection. 

I have been to a Costco that had wine tasting. They had 3 people though - i.d checker, white wine pourer, red wine pourer. That might be why it wasn't constant

• Only good thing about Costco on a Friday of the holiday weekend is all the taste testing. Although I really believe they should give samples of their wine selection. 

I have been to a Costco that had wine tasting. They had 3 people though - i.d checker, white wine pourer, red wine pourer. That might be why it wasn't constant

I'd strongly suspect it is illegal in most places.  But not where I live :).  Not so much at Costco, but Sam's Club has wine and beer tastings all the time.

A few years ago, I even had a side gig over the Sept.-Dec. holidayish season, where I was the one passing out samples of wine and liquor.  It paid pretty well for what it was!  $20/hour for a 4-hour gig and $25/hour for a 3-hour gig.  Plus the shifts were at night or on the weekends, so I could do it in addition to my f/t job.

@MissKittyDanger, pfft!  The folks at your Costco need to step it up!  I had shifts where I was giving out samples of tequila, brandy, AND vodka.  I'm by myself, mixing up multiple mini cocktails.  And passing out those samples.  And checking IDs.  I had to ask everyone for an ID, regardless of how young/old they looked.  I also couldn't make samples ahead of time, because then it runs the risk of someone just grabbing a sample off my table before I could check their ID.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  we've just allowed selling beer and wine in grocery stores, so I think it was just a 'test run'
  • Btw did anyone watch "Beat Shazam" or whatever it's called?

We watched and I need to remember to hit the 'buzzer' {aka my leg - cuz we were playing along} before I start singing along lmao
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Btw did anyone watch "Beat Shazam" or whatever it's called?

We watched and I need to remember to hit the 'buzzer' {aka my leg - cuz we were playing along} before I start singing along lmao

we saw the 2nd half of it. I'm terrible at that stuff, but that dad was really good
  • We still have dry counties in my state. Our legislators are trying to pass a bill that would allow liquor stores to be open on Sundays and half the population is pissed about it. Liquor stores can't sell anything other than liquor. Need a corkscrew? Tough. Liquor stores are not able to sell refrigerated beverages. Gas stations and grocery stores can only sell 3.2 beer. 

• kvruns said:

Btw did anyone watch "Beat Shazam" or whatever it's called?

we saw the 2nd half of it. I'm terrible at that stuff, but that dad was really good

Right!? M and I were yelling at the t.v when he opted to walk! Like dude you are on a streak AND you're guaranteed money.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We were there at 10 on the dot. Too early for samples but not crowded.  I was told prime sample time is Thursday at 1 so that's when I try to go. Not busy and perfect time for snack. 

• We still have dry counties in my state. Our legislators are trying to pass a bill that would allow liquor stores to be open on Sundays and half the population is pissed about it. Liquor stores can't sell anything other than liquor. Need a corkscrew? Tough. Liquor stores are not able to sell refrigerated beverages. Gas stations and grocery stores can only sell 3.2 beer. 

So sad face.

once, when I lived in Omaha (where I grew up), the grocery store had a tasting on tequila. 3 different kinds for you to have half a shot of. I was so happy that day, lol.
  • Man, I feel like I take CA for granted.  Most grocery stores have liquor and wine and beer. And liquor stores have pretty generous hours. I think the restricted hours are like 2-6 am or something, which never affects me.  Especially now that we're old.  We've been in bed by 12:30 the last few nights we've gone out.  

• levioosa said:

Man, I feel like I take CA for granted.  Most grocery stores have liquor and wine and beer. And liquor stores have pretty generous hours. I think the restricted hours are like 2-6 am or something, which never affects me.  Especially now that we're old.  We've been in bed by 12:30 the last few nights we've gone out.  

Lmao I go to bed at 9pm on the regular ;)
  • @CharmedPam have a great trip - I loved Ireland. 

Our company starts arriving late this afternoon. So, after working out this morning I've been getting stuff ready for dinner. H is smoking a brisket and I'm making sides. Just finished the Fiesta Bean Salad and cutting up strawberries. Taking a break now because my back is killing me.

Happy Memorial Day y'all.

• levioosa said:

Man, I feel like I take CA for granted.  Most grocery stores have liquor and wine and beer. And liquor stores have pretty generous hours. I think the restricted hours are like 2-6 am or something, which never affects me.  Especially now that we're old.  We've been in bed by 12:30 the last few nights we've gone out.  

Right, I still find beer stores crazy and I'm across a river from Canada. 
  • @thefanciestbeckler, glad to see you back. Was wondering where you were! Congratulations on the new job and having H back in town. Is this permanent for him or will he be heading out again after a bit? Good luck with the job learning curve.
  • Yay @thefanciestbeckler, I was wondering what was happening! So glad your H is home and for the new job!!
  • Yay congrats on all fronts @thefanciestbecer!
  • @thefanciestbeckler  welcome! All around great news :)

• Thank you everybody!!

@ILoveBeachMusic it is permanent this time  :) thank goodness! He built up tons of hours during this last season. So on to applying for airline jobs now! 

Good luck to your H! I know you are so happy to have him home permanently.