Colorado

Colorado venue that is beautiful, quiet, affordable

I am looking for a ceremony and reception venue in Colorado that is quiet and beautiful.  Every place I have looked at has street traffic in the background or is very expensive.  I have been looking at Keystone venues, but am open to any suggestions or ideas.  We are having 50 guests.  We would like the venue to be within about 1 hour of Denver.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: Colorado venue that is beautiful, quiet, affordable

• BBunny!BBunny! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey I'm up in Northern Colorado and there are some really great places in Fort Collins, Estes, Boulder area. Check these out and see what you think:
     www.tapestryhouse.com/" target="_blank">http://www.tapestryhouse.com
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Evergreen Lake House--close to Denver, set on the water, surrounded by mountains, and pretty affordable!

And here are some photos from a wedding I photographed there:

(I know the link says LLR, but's the Evergreen Lake House)
  • samantha bucksamantha buck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bestfriend just got married in Larkspur CO outside of casle rock. IT WAS BEAUTIFULL!!!!! its brand new! and just PERFECT! Its called spruce mtn ranch.

good luck : )
  • Speechie1970Speechie1970 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Allenspark

www.sunshinemtnldoge.com

www.saintmalo.org/chapel.htm (if you are catholic)

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions, that is a great help!
  • edited December 2011
    The Lodge at Cathedral Pines
  • latty27latty27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Evergreen Lake House in Evergreen Colorado, Its very affordable and I feel in love with it the second I saw it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pinecrest in Palmer Lake.  About 45 min south of Denver and right up against the mountains.  We had our wedding there on 9/11 and it was awesome!!!
  • camzay83camzay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got Married at the Tapestry House on Sept. 4th, and I loved it!! www.tapestryhouse.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am a florist out of Cheyenne and I worked on a wedding at The Della Terra Mountain Chateau in Estes.  It was GEORGIOUS!!!  Here is the link: www.dellaterramountain<strong" rel="nofollow">www.dellaterramountain>>chateau.com/   The venue is off the highway but very accessable.  The owner and staff are amazing to work with.  They provide linens... Couldn't have had a better or more beautiful experience.

PS.  If you are looking for a talented and reasonable florist, check out my facebook page and give me a call!  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001634693196#!/pages/Cheyenne/SuiteBlooms/272721623120?ref=ts
    Sarah Merrill
    Suite Blooms & Designs
    307-214-3738
  • hannahhannah1hannahhannah1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in August, and it was the best day of my life! I think that finding the venue may have been one of the hardest steps. I am currently writing a blog to help future brides with the things that worked for me and steer them away from the things that didn't. I JUST wrote a page about venues...particularly CO venues, but there is info for everyone. Check it out....  http://weddingdaygroundhogday.blogspot.com/      

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Tapestry House, and while I am very excited about it, the outdoor ceremony site is right off of the road.
  • dillkadillka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Couple things on PineCrest. It was affordable I do agree and beautiful. The DJ Rob that they use there is amazing. Your guests will talk about how good he is. The food is excellent and Nikki the chef is amazing and on top of it!

Now on the other hand.... Do not use the Photographer for PineCrest. He is the Founder of Pinecrest, Jess Smith. He was late to my meeting ten days before the wedding he was late on the day of the wedding. He is hard to get a hold of I had to start sending emails to his wife (also works for Pinecrest) to get any sort of a reply. His pictures do not look professional even though he has done it for ten years. He has no communication. There were pictures I requested and he did not take them. (For example, Mother and Bride picture, the pinning of the boutiner with groom and his mom) He took of once we got to the reception and did not say a word. All he said was that his assistant will be helping him with the photos. He never gave me a contract, and I was so caught up at the time to ask where it was.

I arrive the day before the wedding to set up the reception and just be there to make sure it was the way I would like it. I made an appointment so they knew I was coming. I got there with my family (Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister-in0law, and their two little ones) They were not ready for me. They said they were still waiting on the table linens to return from cleaning. They did not have a wedding the weekend before. So I had to send everyone home and go back up later. I went back later and they still were not ready for me. I drove all the way up there to turn and around for a 30 minute drive home. Nora is the reception coordinator and was not prepared or understanding at the inconvenience it was to drive up there twice the day before my wedding taking up 2hours of driving time out of that day all for nothing.

It was a beautiful place and a beautiful reception, but I must say take a close look at everything when it comes to your wedding. Document every meeting and every email or conversation. Plus make sure you have a contract from everyone involved in the wedding. The wedding guests were not aware of all this but it stressed me out and there was not a need for it.

My cake topper was put on wrong so I asked one of the people working at the reception if we could get it turned around. This gal said she could not but she would find someone that would. As I watched her she wondered through the crowd and disappeared to the back. It was never fixed.

Sincerely,

Happy the wedding is over Post- Bride
  • edited December 2011
    If you're down in the Colorado Springs area you should definitely check out The Lodge at Cathedral Pines (www.cathedralpines.biz), its worth a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards