Chit Chat

Health update

CMGragainCMGragain member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited June 2017 in Chit Chat
I just survived two days of nasty tests at the hospital, and today my oncologist gave me the results.  The tumors are spreading very, very slowly, so the chemo is doing its job.  It looks like our cruise around Japan in a few months is a go!  My worst problem is my bad knee that I re-injured about 5 weeks ago, and I hope it heals by the trip.
My next goal is to cruise out of Baltimore to eastern Canada and New England with my kids and grandchildren!  That is scheduled for next June.
Life is good! :)
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Health update

• That's great news GMGr. I'm happy that you have lots of things to look forward to. 

• Yay, @CMGragain! I'm glad to hear your news and positive outlook! Your cruises sound like so much fun! 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Thanks for sharing this! Have a good trip. It sounds very exciting.
  • That's awesome news!! 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    God is good!  Looking forward to hearing all about the adventures with the grandkids next June!
  • Happy to hear this. Japan sound like a great cruise. Let us know how it goes

• Glad to hear- hope you have a lovely time on your cruises.
  • I admire your positive attitude. Enjoy the cruises!
  • Keep kicking butt!
  • Keep having positive thoughts. The vacation sounds fun
  • SP29SP29 member
    Great news! Enjoy your trip!
  • That's tremendous news. I remember just a few months ago when you weren't sure you'd be able to go!  
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited June 2017

That's tremendous news. I remember just a few months ago when you weren't sure you'd be able to go!  

It is always a gamble, and we have to be careful of how and when we buy our trip insurance so that pre-existing medical conditions are fully covered.

This cruise has been sold out for eight months.  I don't know how active I will be, but I am hoping to have some great experiences.  I understand the passenger list is about 80% Japanese.

My new goal is for next year, cruising with my daughter and her family.  (Son doesn't want to go.)  I'm not planning any farther out than that.  I don't need any more STUFF in my life.  I want experiences!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Enjoy the cruise! My mantra is do what you want to do while you still can!

• Excellent news!

Where abouts in Eastern Canada are you going? :)
  • Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to hear things are going well.  Both of those cruises sound like amazing experiences!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm very happy for you, @CMGragain !  That's fantastic news ---- thanks for sharing.  I'd love a report once you get back from your cruise around Japan. :)

• CMGragain said:

MissKittyDanger said:
    Excellent news!

Where abouts in Eastern Canada are you going? :)

The reason for the choice is that our kids live near Baltimore.  It will be easy for them to go to the pier and walk on to the ship.  No flying with children!
    I know daughter was stressed during our visit this spring.  I'm hoping that this will be a more relaxing family trip.  Nobody has to clean house or cook!  Son-in-law hates beaches and doesn't swim, so this is a good itinerary for him, too.
    Expensive vacations aren't in their budget right now, so this is something I can do for them that should be a special memory.  They took an Alaska cruise for their honeymoon, and LOVED it!  This cruise won't be so romantic with children underfoot, though. ;)

Oh good, you're hitting east coast in what should be good weather! :)
  • Fantastic news! 
  • Japan is on my bucket list. Take lots of pictures!

• CMGragain said:

Here is our Japanese itinerary.  I'm not setting foot in Russia!  They won't get any of my money in that port, Mr. Putin.  Excited about everything else, though.  This cruise has been sold out for many months.

Wow! So many ports! That looks awesome! How long is it?
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited June 2017
    16 days.  My cat will be furious!  This is also one of the most expensive cruises we have done.  The Japanese fill up the ships at full price, so they don't need to discount the sailings like they do in other parts of the world.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Yayy congratulation!! I love how adventurous you are. Your cat is sooo cute. I just want to pet it!
  • Good news!  Have fun on those cruises!

• CMGragain said:
    Just spent the last four days in the hospital.  It was disgusting, humiliating, and I want to forget it.  I was really worried that we would have to cancel our trip.  (Note to everybody:  ALWAYS BUY TRIP INSURANCE!!!!)  Turns out surgery won't be necessary, and I should be good to go.
    I was just thinking earlier today that I hadn't seen you in while. Glad you are home and won't miss your trip.

• CMGragain said:
    Just spent the last four days in the hospital.  It was disgusting, humiliating, and I want to forget it.  I was really worried that we would have to cancel our trip.  (Note to everybody:  ALWAYS BUY TRIP INSURANCE!!!!)  Turns out surgery won't be necessary, and I should be good to go.

I'm really sorry to read that you were back in the hospital and that it was not a good experience. If there was anything that the staff could have done differently, ensure that you pass along feedback.