Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Niagra Falls/Ontario Vacation

My husband and I are flying in to Buffalo next month, and crossing in to Ontario to do Niagra Falls for a couple days, planned a day in Toronto.  But we are renting a car and want to see the countryside?  Any recommendations on what we should do or see?  I've heard about checking out maple syrup farms/cranberry bogs? 

Any must see places?  Or restaurant recommendations?  We only have our first 3 nights booked, so the next 4 nights we are open to where to go and stay.

Re: Niagra Falls/Ontario Vacation

• Options
    I am assuming that you have passports?  You need them for Canada these days.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

CMGragain said:

I am assuming that you have passports?  You need them for Canada these days.

Yes, we have passports in hand.
  • Options
    Wine tasting at Niagara on the Lake is amazing. If you can stay a night or two there it's definitely worth it. I grew up in Buffalo so happy to give you any recs on the American side, but it's been a while since I've gone across the border for anything but wine tasting. 
  • Options
    Up to you, but I would spend more time on the upstate NY side/finger lakes area. Great wine, fun hiking and beautiful waterfalls. On the Niagara side, there's some wine tasting too, but I'm not really sure what else. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Niagara wine tasting is fantastic. Drop by Inniskillin for some amazing ice wine.
  • Options
    Thanks all. The first full day we are there we are hanging out more in Bufffalo area and going too see Chris Stapleton that night. 

We will defintely have to check out some wineries while we are at Niagra and will look in to the Finger Lakes in upstate NY as suggested. 
  • Options

Thanks all. The first full day we are there we are hanging out more in Bufffalo area and going too see Chris Stapleton that night. 

We will defintely have to check out some wineries while we are at Niagra and will look in to the Finger Lakes in upstate NY as suggested. 

I have tons of Buffalo suggestions! If you're looking for quick, easy, and on the cheaper side food check out Lloyd's Taco Truck (or the brick and mortar storefront Lloyds Taco Factory) if you're into sports at all go to 716 even just for drinks. Thin Man brewery and Pearl street brewery are also great (Pearl Street did our wedding catering so I'm biased). If you're looking for something fancier Hutch's is the best meal in town (but definitely pricey) also Tempo, but again $$. For nice, but not as expensive try Left Bank or Seabar. Mulberry has excellent Italian food. 

If you're looking for stuff to do during the day Canalside is great, you canrent kayaks, there are boat tours, or just wander along the canal. Also the Navy ships are really cool. If you're there on a Thursday night there are free concerts (usually pretty good bands). If you're in to architecture the Darwin Martin house was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and does daily tours. There's also a ton of walking tours of historic buildings. Buffalo is pretty cool and there really is tons to do. 

The Chris Stapleton concert is out at Darien Lake right; not in the city? Given yourself extra time to get there, traffic is always backed up heading into (and back out of) the parking lots since there's only like one entrance. 
  • Options
    Finger Lakes area definitely great for wine tasting. We are also planning our honeymoon for the Canadian side of the falls in July. Must have is a falls view from the hotel and ride the Maid of the Mist :)