Hi guys.

**Removed for ToS violation**

Blessings,

Jacqueline

Go away.

• Well, never seen that here before.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Totally a TOS violation! You can't just create an account and spread your agenda OP.  Nothing against Jesus (though Mary and my saints are my faves) but random, kind of pushy post.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited June 2017
    Damn, I missed it!  As a Christian, I strongly dislike pushy people who are out to convert the world on their own terms.  It makes us reasonable Christians look bad by association.
    If someone asks me about my faith, I will share it, but I don't behave like a street person accosting strangers.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Damn it! I missed it.  What did it say? 

I have the Jehova's at my door pretty frequently. Was this a Jehova-like TK posting??

I have the Jehova's at my door pretty frequently. Was this a Jehova-like TK posting??

It was first saying she was called to share the word of Jesus or something like that and then a bunch of Bible verses. 

Yes :D And super long. Basically, everyone is going to hell (and you should have anxiety about it) unless you accept JC and a bunch of bible verses. 
    *********************************************************************************

I didn't know they still went door-to-door! Although I did find a pamphlet once about six months after we moved in. 

When I did home care, I took care of a woman who was a JW (I think). She adored me; she had no idea I was a queer recovering alcoholic. (I was in the closet when I was at that job.)

I didn't know they still went door-to-door! Although I did find a pamphlet once about six months after we moved in. 

When I did home care, I took care of a woman who was a JW (I think). She adored me; she had no idea I was a queer recovering alcoholic. (I was in the closet when I was at that job.)

Yup, they still go door-to-door! They're at my house, knocking on the door on Saturday mornings. Usually about every 6 weeks. No matter what I say, they keep coming back. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have them ringing my doorbell at 10am on a Saturday. 

My husband had been nice to them one time, had a conversation and took their pamphlet. This was before I moved in. Then they started showing up more often. I nicely told them that we're not interested and to please not come back. And then the woman had the nerve to ask to speak to my husband! I admittedly lost my cool after that. And yet, they keep coming back. One time they even came to the door on Thanksgiving! 

Yup, they still go door-to-door! They're at my house, knocking on the door on Saturday mornings. Usually about every 6 weeks. No matter what I say, they keep coming back. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have them ringing my doorbell at 10am on a Saturday. 

My husband had been nice to them one time, had a conversation and took their pamphlet. This was before I moved in. Then they started showing up more often. I nicely told them that we're not interested and to please not come back. And then the woman had the nerve to ask to speak to my husband! I admittedly lost my cool after that. And yet, they keep coming back. One time they even came to the door on Thanksgiving! 

I can't believe the woman asked to speak to your husband! How sexist!

Once when I was still living with my parents (can't remember if I was in high school or college) and had the day off, two women came to the door. I was holding one of our cats, and they oohed and aahed over how cute he was and completely forgot their spiel. When they finally remembered, I told them we were Catholic but thanks anyway, and they were cool about it.
  • I gave them an earful after they asked for my H. My rant went on for quite a bit, and then I slammed the door in the faces. 

I've also tried telling them we're Catholic (we were both raised Catholic but no longer are religious), and even that hasn't stopped them. I had heard that too - if you tell them you're Catholic, they won't come back. Nope. They still show up. 
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2017
    They would come by all the time when I was a kid, and my mom would just let them in! She told me later that she doesn't even believe in the same things they do. I had to stay in her room while they talked in the living room. So boringgg. 

The last encounter was when I was standing in the street and two ladies came up to me to talk about god. I told them I'm sorry but I'm not religious so they can leave me alone, so they said
    "but you believe in god right?"
    "No I'm Atheist"
    "I'm sure if you read the bible you would believe"
    "I read the entire bible, it's interesting but I don't believe in god"
    "I'm sure god meant for this meeting to happen, so you can hear his message"
    Then my dad came and I left quickly.

What I was thinking: *Lady I stand there every week to meet my dad, it was very likely you'd see me there eventually.*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I gave them an earful after they asked for my H. My rant went on for quite a bit, and then I slammed the door in the faces. 

I've also tried telling them we're Catholic (we were both raised Catholic but no longer are religious), and even that hasn't stopped them. I had heard that too - if you tell them you're Catholic, they won't come back. Nope. They still show up. 

Once I moved to the southeast US, I found that saying I was raised Catholic was a VERY effective way to shut down any religious proselytizing. One coworker did tell me that meant I "didn't truly know Jesus." Maybe she's our OP  :D 
  • ei34ei34 member

I gave them an earful after they asked for my H. My rant went on for quite a bit, and then I slammed the door in the faces. 

Omg if you tell them you're Catholic they try even harder!  (Speaking from experience  :s) They're a problem in my area too.
  • H and I had a drive-by Jesus saving experience at the bar a week ago. We were sitting out on the front porch of a local bar, drinking beers and watching the cars go by. All of a sudden this guy comes running down the sidewalk, up the stairs to the bar and runs to our table. He tells H and I "I don't normally do this" and proceeds to toss a little booklet and a little card on our table and then straight up ran away before we could say a word, pushing people on the sidewalk out of the way as he went. There was another couple on the front porch but he didn't go to their table, just ran away. The little booklet was about why you need God and saving and the card had the number for a church in the next town, which is a born again Christian church. No idea why he singled us out - I told H it was because we looked like heathens with our sleeve tattoos and drinking beers. 

I also used to get the fake dollar bills and Jesus pamphlets from the JWs all the time when I worked at Wegmans. They would either leave them on the check stand or pretend to be giving me a "tip" as they walked away. 

• H and I had a drive-by Jesus saving experience at the bar a week ago. We were sitting out on the front porch of a local bar, drinking beers and watching the cars go by. All of a sudden this guy comes running down the sidewalk, up the stairs to the bar and runs to our table. He tells H and I "I don't normally do this" and proceeds to toss a little booklet and a little card on our table and then straight up ran away before we could say a word, pushing people on the sidewalk out of the way as he went. There was another couple on the front porch but he didn't go to their table, just ran away. The little booklet was about why you need God and saving and the card had the number for a church in the next town, which is a born again Christian church. No idea why he singled us out - I told H it was because we looked like heathens with our sleeve tattoos and drinking beers. 

I also used to get the fake dollar bills and Jesus pamphlets from the JWs all the time when I worked at Wegmans. They would either leave them on the check stand or pretend to be giving me a "tip" as they walked away. 

Nothing like bringing people to Jesus by pissing them off with fake money. 
  • edited June 2017
    I have two loud and boisterous basset hounds. If I get caught at the door by a religious zealot, driveway re-paver, or other pest, I pretend I'm straining to hold these two vicious animals back and the pests usually leave. If they don't leave, I just close the door and go about my business. 

• I was a manager for a convenience/gas station store a number of years ago.  One weekend morning, there were two guys standing right outside our door telling our customers about their new church and Christian teachings in general.

When I realized what was happening, I went outside and very politely asked them to leave.  I also explained why we couldn't have them on our property expounding their message and pointed out our "no solicitors" sign, which included them.  I had no animosity toward them and was kind, I just assumed they were not aware of how inappropriate their behavior was.  They were also polite with me and left.

Then the exact same guys were back the next weekend, doing the same thing.  Now I was furious and not nearly so kind!  I went back out and told them I had already talked to them about this last week.  That they were now breaking the law by trespassing.  I also told them this was my last warning.  If I saw them again, I would just call the police.  Fortunately, they did not return.

Yep, nothing like spreading God's message by breaking the law and flagrantly intruding on someone else's business.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I was a manager for a convenience/gas station store a number of years ago.  One weekend morning, there were two guys standing right outside our door telling our customers about their new church and Christian teachings in general.

When I realized what was happening, I went outside and very politely asked them to leave.  I also explained why we couldn't have them on our property expounding their message and pointed out our "no solicitors" sign, which included them.  I had no animosity toward them and was kind, I just assumed they were not aware of how inappropriate their behavior was.  They were also polite with me and left.

Then the exact same guys were back the next weekend, doing the same thing.  Now I was furious and not nearly so kind!  I went back out and told them I had already talked to them about this last week.  That they were now breaking the law by trespassing.  I also told them this was my last warning.  If I saw them again, I would just call the police.  Fortunately, they did not return.

Yep, nothing like spreading God's message by breaking the law and flagrantly intruding on someone else's business.   

I had a similar experience one day shopping at the grocery store. I was approached by a woman asking me very strange questions about the racial makeup of the area. She then started telling me about their new church that was opening up down the street. She kept talking about Mother God, or God Mother. I googled it when I got home and it was definitely a cult. I watched her approach a bunch of people in the grocery store while I was shopping, along with two other men. I reported it to the store as I was leaving, but they didn't really seem too concerned. 
  • When we lived in our apartment, the neighborhood we lived in would get weekly visits from religious solicitors between May and October. One morning I was sunning myself on the patio when a couple came up to me and started delivering their message. I put a smile on my face and listened politely (whilst screaming in my head) until there was a pause in their spiel. At that point I said I was sorry, but I had somewhere to be - and then channeled my inner yogi. With palms pressed together, I bowed to them and said "Namaste." That was the last time we were targeted at our apartment.