Wedding Woes

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• @kimmiinthemitten, I'm glad you all had a good vacation, but poor H's grandma!  I hope she recovers quickly.  Sounds like it was a really good talk at work.  I know you've had some dissatisfaction there for awhile.

Speaking of work, I have the fun of being in a position that needs to be included in all manners of orders/purchasing.  But often get forgotten.  A vendor just "replied all" to forward an e-mail to me that he felt I should have been included on.  I felt so validated! lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sending healing vibes for H's grandma, @kimmiinthemitten!

We got the spare room cleaned out, and we're taking a break before we start going through everything. I'm also doing laundry.

We got the spare room cleaned out, and we're taking a break before we start going through everything. I'm also doing laundry.

You're on vacation this week right? Hope you're doing fun stuff, besides laundry and cleaning!

I need some of your cleaning/organizing motivation!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Am I the only one that just went aha @kimmiinthemitten lives in the mitten of Michigan?  Please say I'm not alone. 

You're on vacation this week right? Hope you're doing fun stuff, besides laundry and cleaning

SITB

I'm sleeping late, which is awesome! I've also taken Mutt to the dog park a couple times and spent time catching up with people I don't get to see. Tomorrow we're having lunch with my parents and my nephew, who are coming up for a military memorabilia show. Saturday is Pride, and if I get everything done that I want to get done Sunday, I'm going to the beach for my drum circle.

• VarunaTT said:

My Pride was written about on HuffPo.  Not the big website, but one of the contributors.  I'm geeking out a bit.  Official count isn't in, but newspapers/police reporting over 4000 people.

I'm going to go look at a car tonight.  There are 3 2015 Crosstreks for sale.  2 of them are at lot A and are the orange color, which I love. Just reduced to $20K for the 65K miles, $22K for the 43K miles.  The 3rd one is at lot B, $19,900 for 46K miles and is tan.  All 3 have been on the lots for 2+ months.  I'm not financing more than $18K.  I'm pretty sure the car lot will hate me by the end of our conversation.  I don't care.  I don't need a car OMGRIGHTNOW and I can wait.  Another month, they'll drop it that 2K anyway.

Good luck!  I'm like you...I don't NEED a car but I'm looking too! Nothing's wrong with it...but you know how a TV show should end before it gets bad?  That's how I feel about my car.  Maybe I should trade it in before it does.

• 6fsn said:

Am I the only one that just went aha @kimmiinthemitten lives in the mitten of Michigan?  Please say I'm not alone. 

You're not. I also had to google this because I have never heard of it before! (and it's like...the next state over....WTH is wrong with me?  Can I use my Canadian card?)

• 6fsn said:

I never remotely made that connection until you just posted this, lol.  I want to say I've only vaguely heard a few times in my life, Michigan being compared to a mitten.

I literally just googled, "Shape of Michigan".  Oh okay!  The main part does look like a mitten.  Fun!

I just always thought @kimmiinthemitten was a cute username.  Now I see the further meaning behind it ;).  Apparently I am not great with U.S. Geography, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been hanging out with my mom all day and we went to breakfast this morning. Tonight we are all going out to dinner to celebrate Father's Day. I went to Sephora today and spent too much money. Which is only funny because last night I was looking at the amount of money needed to maintain my rouge status and I thought "I might not make that before the end of year." And then today I walked out of Sephora thinking "welp, I guess I'm closer than I thought now." 

• levioosa said:

I've been hanging out with my mom all day and we went to breakfast this morning. Tonight we are all going out to dinner to celebrate Father's Day. I went to Sephora today and spent too much money. Which is only funny because last night I was looking at the amount of money needed to maintain my rouge status and I thought "I might not make that before the end of year." And then today I walked out of Sephora thinking "welp, I guess I'm closer than I thought now." 

This is me every time I walk in to Sephora. 

• VarunaTT said:

My Pride was written about on HuffPo.  Not the big website, but one of the contributors.  I'm geeking out a bit.  Official count isn't in, but newspapers/police reporting over 4000 people.

I'm going to go look at a car tonight.  There are 3 2015 Crosstreks for sale.  2 of them are at lot A and are the orange color, which I love. Just reduced to $20K for the 65K miles, $22K for the 43K miles.  The 3rd one is at lot B, $19,900 for 46K miles and is tan.  All 3 have been on the lots for 2+ months.  I'm not financing more than $18K.  I'm pretty sure the car lot will hate me by the end of our conversation.  I don't care.  I don't need a car OMGRIGHTNOW and I can wait.  Another month, they'll drop it that 2K anyway.

Ilove the Crosstrek.  We test drove one and almost went with that, but ended up with the Outback because of the cargo and interior space.  I also love the orange color. 

• I'm LOLing over here. I guess I just take my state's quirks for granted. Not only is Michigan the mitten, this is how any true Michigander will show you where they're from.

I'm dying!! LMAO!!!

There's always those places that when you explain, it's like "oh ... no one gets my reference"

Where I use to live, trying to explain was between a major mall and another bigger area. I was like "Oh you know that place you drive thru for X Mall to X Town? That's it."
    Typically people are surprised.
    "that's a town?"
    "we're not that big. it's called a community"

• I'm LOLing over here. I guess I just take my state's quirks for granted. Not only is Michigan the mitten, this is how any true Michigander will show you where they're from.

I'm dying!! LMAO!!!

There's always those places that when you explain, it's like "oh ... no one gets my reference"

Where I use to live, trying to explain was between a major mall and another bigger area. I was like "Oh you know that place you drive thru for X Mall to X Town? That's it."
    "that's a town?"

See, our way is so much easier.  I live exactly halfway between Ann Arbor and Detroit.

I'm dying!! LMAO!!!

"that's a town?"

See, our way is so much easier.  I live exactly halfway between Ann Arbor and Detroit.

You're so close to us. But I always knew about the mitten thing, maybe it's regional? I lived in Ann Arbor for a summer and that was the first thing someone told me about Michigan was where to locate A2 on the mitten. 

I'm dying!! LMAO!!!

"that's a town?"

You're so close to us. But I always knew about the mitten thing, maybe it's regional? I lived in Ann Arbor for a summer and that was the first thing someone told me about Michigan was where to locate A2 on the mitten. 

We really are!  We should set up a DD before you move back!

I'm dying!! LMAO!!!

"that's a town?"

We really are!  We should set up a DD before you move back!

Definitely! We probably won't be leaving until the end of the summer. 
  • edited June 2017
    Edited because apparently I don't know what day it is.