Wedding Woes

Is it Thursday?

2»

Re: Is it Thursday?

• kvruns said:

$15 per day? WOW

That's a rough estimate, but yeh basically. I nearly had a heart attack when he told me that.

you're Canadian right?  yup.  That's how much it costs to smoke in Canada.  Keep in mind they get 25 cigs instead of the 20 here, in America. 

Yep. Native smokes are 200 for $30 up here ;)

• @MissKittyDanger, sometimes you'll run across fun stories/articles where ex-smokers, every day, will take the money they would normally have spent on pack(s) and put it in a piggy bank instead.  With a savings goal for something they want.  Perhaps that would be motivation for M?

A heartwarming story I heard on that was a grandfather, who'd been smoking 40+ years, wanted to quit for his grandkids.  His financial goal for his "cigarette money" was to take all his kids/grandkids to Disney World.  He achieved it in less than two years and marveled at how much he'd been spending on cigarettes without realizing it.

My boss' parents did that! That's kinda where I got the idea of using it in physical form.
    He wants to do a lot of things, and his hobbies are expensive so him smoking is actually not financially a good idea - especially because we are gonna TTC soon and baby stuff is FUCKING EXPENSIVE {kids in general are expensive ...}
    This is how I used it - 
    Me; so you spend $15 a day basically?
    M: unfortunately yes
    Me: that's $450 a month .... guess what you could do with that.
    M; debt?
    Me: yes. debt AND you could have gotten a kayak. Or half way to a new scope
    M: this is true
    Me: so talking to pharmacist tonight?
    M; I suppose ...
  • Side note:
    I know we're all from different places BUT there's something that's really neat and doing a somewhat 'tour' across North America and some of England!!

https://thelightsfest.com/events/

I was telling M that we could do it as a family thing because his stepdad is into photography and would die for some shots of this.
  • Thanks, @MissKittyDanger, I'm on the VIP list!

Awesome :) Mine isn't until late September, when is yours?

No alcohol?  I'm out, lol.

Looks neat!  The location closest to me is Dec. 2nd.  Brrrr.

And it's in Kiln, MS?  Huh?  Small town that's a bit in the middle of nowhere.  I'm scratching my head on that one.

Also where Brett Favre grew up...for a totally random fact.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

And it's in Kiln, MS?  Huh?  Small town that's a bit in the middle of nowhere.  I'm scratching my head on that one.

Where mine is, is kind of in a field also. It's because of the lights. They want to find a spot where it won't get drowned out by light pollution :)
    Makes me think of Tangled tbh lmao

Brr, December!

• Where mine is, is kind of in a field also. It's because of the lights. They want to find a spot where it won't get drowned out by light pollution :)
    Makes me think of Tangled tbh lmao

Brr, December!

Thanks!  That does make sense.  I'm better now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017

Thanks, @MissKittyDanger, I'm on the VIP list!

wait - are you Brrring December in New Orleans?!?!  
    edit:  Or I guess Mississippi 

• wait - are you Brrring December in New Orleans?!?!  

Ummm...yes, to both MS and NOLA (hiding face).  I was hoping you Northerners wouldn't catch that.  I start brrring when it drops below 60.

But I just looked it up!  The average lows in Dec. are in the mid 40s.  So...yeeaahh?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @lyndausvi getting paid to hike sounds pretty good! Whatever happened with the FL job 

Ummm...yes, to both MS and NOLA (hiding face).  I was hoping you Northerners wouldn't catch that.  I start brrring when it drops below 60.

But I just looked it up!  The average lows in Dec. are in the mid 40s.  So...yeeaahh?

If it's 40° in December in New England, I'm wearing flip flops. 

The only time I've been to NOLA was in December, and we were the obvious ones in short sleeve shirts!

• lyndausvi said:

Another successful hiking day!

Apparently I will be doing the member hikes on Mondays and Thursdays for the rest of the summer.  Plus a 14er and a hike to Crested Butte.  

New director must be happy he doesn't have to find work for me on those days.  :tongue:

Can you share a hike photo everyday?

Also, the FL job isn't necessarily bad news, since neither of you were dying for beach jobs again, right?

• lyndausvi said:

Another successful hiking day!

Apparently I will be doing the member hikes on Mondays and Thursdays for the rest of the summer.  Plus a 14er and a hike to Crested Butte.  

New director must be happy he doesn't have to find work for me on those days.  :tongue:

Can you share a hike photo everyday?

Also, the FL job isn't necessarily bad news, since neither of you were dying for beach jobs again, right?

exactly.   He only persuaded it because the head hunter said he was wanted and the compensation would be more than here.  Add in no income tax and a lower cost of living we decided why not try?

Glad you like the pictures.  I love how the mountain is reflected on the lake on this one.     Next hike is on Saturday.  Will try and post another picture.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Thanks for the selling tips everyone, these are super helpful! We're definitely in the purge phase right now and I'm hoping our colors are neutral enough so that we don't have to reprint (again). The upstairs is gray, but the kitchen is a light green, and the living room dining room are a light yellow/organ he (technically mango-nectar, but that sounds like a drink rather than a paint color). We're meeting with two different realtors today to see who is a better fit and what they suggest. 

I had to look it up. That's +4 in celsius lol! That's when people change jackets here.

I had to look it up. That's +4 in celsius lol! That's when people change jackets here.

40?  Yeah, I wouldn't say I would be wearing flip flops, but if it's sunny I'm definatly hiking down a 10K foot mountain, in the snow, in just a fleece, my heavy ski jacket is normally in my bag (which I had to wear in the morning).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated.