Attire & Accessories Forum

Oooo! I think you'll like this!

CMGragainCMGragain member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

http://imgur.com/a/J3BiD  You might have to finger expand it to see it.

Vote for your favorite!  I like 1961!  (Yes, I can remember that year!)
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Oooo! I think you'll like this!

• I like '52 and'57. The dress from '61 could easily be worn today, I like it too - the year I was born!
  • edited July 2017
    I love 1851, 1877, 1888, and 1949. But I would totally wear 1960 Or 1959 today. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    I like a bunch of them, but if I had to pick, I'll pick 1940. The calf-length A-line or fit/flare dress is quite flattering. I also love the way women wore their hair in the 40s/50s.
  • I can't really pick a favorite, but I like a lot of the 1930s dresses. I'm so glad that hoop skirts and bustles are relics of the past.

Thanks for sharing this!
  • I like a lot of the ones from the 1910s and 20s. Makes me think of Downton Abbey! 
  • I like 1955, 1962, 1964, 1966, and 1968. 
  • 1934 is beautiful! 
  • ei34ei34 member
    When you're jealous of 1952 because she has the chest to rock that dress  :# I have an almost identical dress hanging in my closet it just doesn't look good on me.
    1908-1911 are all so pretty in a minimalist, straight forward way. And look at 1787 swinging that nunchuck (?) with sass!! Yes girl!
  • 1785: corsets and boobs!

1788: OK, no more boobs, put them away.

1794: F the corsets. FREEDOM!

1817: Oooh, look, women have waists again.

1828: Let’s exaggerate those waists…bring back the corsets!

1835: Bigger skirts = smaller waists!

1855: BIGGER SKIRTS. BIGGER BIGGER BIGGER

1874: JUST the booty, shrink the rest of the skirt.

1891: Done with the skirts and the booty, shoulders please!

1908: Ugh, can’t we just dress to our proportions?

1919: Yay, no more waistlines, comfort ahhhhhh

1925: Did you know that we had LEGS under these skirts?!

1943: Forget about breathing again ladies, waists are back!

1963: Finally, I can breathe again.

1970: Pants! Glorious pants!

• Don't forget 1969 - the miniskirt!  It was fine for petite ladies, but if you had bad legs or were plus sized, you were screwed!  It was very difficult to sit down without embarrassing yourself.  I think that is why pants became acceptable in the 1970s!
    1969 was the year I graduated high school.  Pants on girls were against the dress code, as were jeans for anybody.  You HAD to wear a skirt in school!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Don't forget 1969 - the miniskirt!  It was fine for petite ladies, but if you had bad legs or were plus sized, you were screwed!  It was very difficult to sit down without embarrassing yourself.  I think that is why pants became acceptable in the 1970s!
    1969 was the year I graduated high school.  Pants on girls were against the dress code, as were jeans for anybody.  You HAD to wear a skirt in school!
    I can top that. My Mom (who graduated in 1965) went to an all-girls Catholic school where the nuns made the girls kneel to check their skirt lengths.

• eileenrob said:
    When you're jealous of 1952 because she has the chest to rock that dress  :# I have an almost identical dress hanging in my closet it just doesn't look good on me.
    1908-1911 are all so pretty in a minimalist, straight forward way. And look at 1787 swinging that nunchuck (?) with sass!! Yes girl!
    I think 1787's swinging a fan or a pocketbook, but it still looks pretty badass.
  • CMGragain said:
    Don't forget 1969 - the miniskirt!  It was fine for petite ladies, but if you had bad legs or were plus sized, you were screwed!  It was very difficult to sit down without embarrassing yourself.  I think that is why pants became acceptable in the 1970s!
    I can top that. My Mom (who graduated in 1965) went to an all-girls Catholic school where the nuns made the girls kneel to check their skirt lengths.
    I went to a Christian high school, and our teachers made us kneel to check our skirt lengths. (They could not be more than three inches from the floor when we were kneeling.) I graduated ... a lot more recently than 1965.
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • Love it.  It's actually so hard to choose.  I do like 1908-1914.  Thanks for sharing!