Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom I also wanted to say you're doing great!  I had delivery complications that delayed my supply and then never produced more than 1 bottle a day of my own despite trying so many things. DS's diet was primarily formula from 1 month old.  He's almost now 2 and totally great.  Your DD is doing well!  Please don't be hard on yourself!  I understand feelings of guilt and the pressure that is put on new moms to make "the best" decisions.  Those decisions though are ones that give you the peace of mind and energy to be a happy mom, and as someone who lugged a pump around for probably too long, I understand that giving up that beast made me much happier.

@6fsn I've been to Disney on both self-planned and travel agent planned vacations.  One point in favor of agents is that they frequently have the inside track on special events and add-ons that you may want.  The agent booked vacation included souvenir and photo perks, access to events, etc., that we might have otherwise learned about too late.
    Anniversary

• Options
    DSC- all the antibiotics and water and sleep are in order. Garth is amazing live. You must rally. 

@short+sassy the fact that you're worried about the change is proof enough you're a good mom. Like the PP's have said, your baby is fed. YOure doing good. 

Were about to get all that Chicago weather, seemingly any minute now. I'm WFH and H is at negotiations and this one (photo below) is driving me insane. I just took her out with her last ball because she won't get much exercise all day and she's not letting me having the ball so I have a feeling today will be a long day of puppy training. She's lucky she's so cute. 

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom you have to do what is best for you and the baby. I stopped with DD at about 4  months because pumping at work just wasn't an easy thing (this was 30 years ago). DD graduated top in her class at HS, graduated from a top university and has a master's degree from another top university. She is also almost 6 feet tall and has always been very healthy. I don't think formula hurt her at all!
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat I hope you feel better soon! 
    @6fsn Glad you got extra sleep! 
    @charlotte989875 Good luck to DH! 
    @CharmedPam I often think about how the weather conditions you describe match up with mine and then I remember we're both in the 'burbs of Chicago. Haha. 
    It's raining too much here! I love rain but I hope it eases up. My grandmother's flight arrives this evening! I hope there are no delays. 
    me too.  I feel like O'hare  is a bit worse than Midway on cancellations or delays.  Southwest will fly through anything LOL

• Options
    @6fsn Disney!! Ah so jealous. I've never been and have always wanted to. FI says we can go once we have kids - I want to go now! lol

@OliveOilsMom You're not letting her down! The fact that you did it at all is amazing. Ultimately, you know what's best for you and your child - and a happy baby starts with a happy mom.

@DrillSergeantCat Hope you feel better! Garth as in Garth Brooks? 

@charlotte989875 Sounds like we're going through a lot of the same stuff right now! You're just a few weeks ahead of me haha.

Had knots in my stomach all morning as today was the day I quit my job! It went really well though, and manager said to keep in touch and that I always had a job here if we ever come back. I don't know why I was so nervous - I think a big part of it was the fact that this is starting to get real. 2 weeks and we're moving across the country! I have to admit I panic a little when I think too much into it.

We're driving with a Uhaul to our new home. It's going to take us 3 days (30 hour drive) so we booked the hotels we're staying at for the two nights we stop. One of them is good, but the other is literally in the boonies, and looks like something out of a horror movie. There was nothing else better within 5 hours in both directions, so we didn't really have a choice. Wish me luck lol.

I'm glad giving your notice went well!

When I moved from So. CA to NOLA, it was about a 30-hour drive by U-Haul.  My b/f at the time drove with me (he already lived in NOLA).  We did it in 4 days, but made some stops along the way.

I figured, it's not often I drive halfway across the country, lol.  And I've always wanted to see the Painted Desert.  The only hotel we planned for was the first night in Laughlin, NV.  After that, it was a bit up in the air as to where we would be when.

The hotel we stopped at for the second night (20 minutes from the Painted Desert) was the grossest, most run down motel I've ever been to, lol.  Wish I'd planned ahead for that one.  Me using the restroom for the first time, "Oh!  My apologies Mr. Roach and his family.  I didn't mean to intrude.  I'm so sorry for the loss of the rest of your community with their scattered dead bodies."  I hope your boondocks hotel is a better experience than mine!

This part always amused me.  We drove through the wide part of Texas.  We had just crossed into the Western border, in Amarillo, and stopped for the night.  We drove all day and well into the night before we stopped again.  Just before we crossed the Eastern border into Louisiana, lmao.  Just Texas was at least 1/3 of our drive!

Crazy long, multi-day drives are not fun!  But if you all have time to stop and enjoy some sites...even if it is just an hour or two here and there...it does make it a lot more enjoyable.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Legit conversation today via text:

Me: do you know what sFIL would want for xmas?
    M: it's july
    Me: i'm aware of the date
    M; why are you asking?
    Me: trying to get ideas. I'm gonna diy a lot of gifts so i wanna start early in case of test run
    M: idk ... but seriously ... it's awhile to go
    Me: forget it i'll figure something out.
  • Options
    I had to get a CT scan of my sinuses over lunch. Since the few mild headache that I've had since the stem cell treatment have started in a different place than what I was having before, we're ruling out sinus issues as a trigger. (This would also rule out necessity for an ENT consult.)

I'm fighting to stay awake today. 
  • Options

M; why are you asking?
    Me: trying to get ideas. I'm gonna diy a lot of gifts so i wanna start early in case of test run
    My H and my Dad will worry about December 25th on December 24th.

• Options

M; why are you asking?
    M is pretty close to that lol. I'm my mother's child. She's already got a few gifts, but typically she starts after my bday {which is early September}

I wanna start earlier than normal this year because I wanna make a few things. Just in case I have to redo anything ;)
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    I had to get a CT scan of my sinuses over lunch. Since the few mild headache that I've had since the stem cell treatment have started in a different place than what I was having before, we're ruling out sinus issues as a trigger. (This would also rule out necessity for an ENT consult.)

I'm fighting to stay awake today. 
    Yikes! :( You should just go home and rest!
  • Options

M; why are you asking?
    M is pretty close to that lol. I'm my mother's child. She's already got a few gifts, but typically she starts after my bday {which is early September}

I wanna start earlier than normal this year because I wanna make a few things. Just in case I have to redo anything ;)
    I should do that too. to spread the money out and December isn't a high cost month again.  Actually H is pretty good about Dec 22 and using prime to get it by the 24th lol.  My Dad likes to do brick and mortar, which is insane on the 24th.  And when we lived in the same state he asked me to help pick stuff out for my mom.  Which was fun because women are fun to buy for.  

• Options
    ARGH!!! I get so tired of being dragged into my friend's financial bullshit. She makes stupid financial decisions (like buying dozens of pairs of Lularoe leggings), not saving money, paying for her unemployed daughter to get her hair and nails done, etc etc etc. Any time I try to help her with a budget, she ignores me. I tell her to stop spending so much and she says, "I really don't spend that much." Then posts all the BS she buys on her Facebook. SISTER...you have 2 bills a month, your car payment and car insurance. You live with your mother. You don't have a job so you don't need to be buying a GD thing! Grow TF up! 

She just lost another job. This is the 3rd or 4th this year. She'd been working at this one for less than a week. She once got fired and was telling me how it wasn't her fault, yet the employer had 23 pages of documentation to back up their decision. 

Now she's going to go work fast food on the other side of town. It's going to cost her $3 a day to get to and from work. I get the feeling that she's upset with me for not being sympathetic and enthusiastic enough for her, but I'm sick and I know this is just going to turn into another clusterfuck.

Rant over.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam  Tbh my mum started doing that because she'd catch some really good back-to-school deals, and also this way you aren't thinking about getting something only to have it gone later ;)
    I don't like being in the mall after Dec 1st if I don't have to. I did that last year because we held off to buy xmas gifts until after October {moving and then organizing stuff, etc etc} and it was sooooo beyond annoying *sigh* I hate people.

@DrillSergeantCat  maybe it's time to tell her, that while you enjoy having her as a friend, you can't do the venting about jobs/financial anymore? Girl sounds like a hassle! Although it's better than hearing someone whine about working 4hrs a day for 4 days straight ....
  • Options
    ARGH!!! I get so tired of being dragged into my friend's financial bullshit. She makes stupid financial decisions (like buying dozens of pairs of Lularoe leggings), not saving money, paying for her unemployed daughter to get her hair and nails done, etc etc etc. Any time I try to help her with a budget, she ignores me. I tell her to stop spending so much and she says, "I really don't spend that much." Then posts all the BS she buys on her Facebook. SISTER...you have 2 bills a month, your car payment and car insurance. You live with your mother. You don't have a job so you don't need to be buying a GD thing! Grow TF up! 

She just lost another job. This is the 3rd or 4th this year. She'd been working at this one for less than a week. She once got fired and was telling me how it wasn't her fault, yet the employer had 23 pages of documentation to back up their decision. 

Now she's going to go work fast food on the other side of town. It's going to cost her $3 a day to get to and from work. I get the feeling that she's upset with me for not being sympathetic and enthusiastic enough for her, but I'm sick and I know this is just going to turn into another clusterfuck.

Rant over.
    She sounds like my BF's loser boyfriend.  He worked at a job for less than a week.  I asked her what happened and she said "oh, he didn't understand why they had a fit when he didn't show up the 2nd day of work".  He just like, thought he could skip days whenever he wanted! 

• Options
    @CharmedPam she's almost that bad. She attempts to go to work, but her mother has no friends so she takes off work to take mom to the doctor, son to the therapist, daughter to the OB, etc. She will work 45 minutes away to make $13/hr and doesn't want to make more than that because then she loses medicaid for her son. She bitches to me about how badly her mother treats her. Her mother really does treat her poorly as evidenced by all the shit talking she does on Facebook. She tells me she wants to move out, but can't afford it. I try to tell her how to afford it (I did it on slightly more pay, but with a much higher car payment), but the the story changes from "can't afford it" to "mom needs me."
  • Options

Rant over.
    She sounds like my BF's loser boyfriend.  He worked at a job for less than a week.  I asked her what happened and she said "oh, he didn't understand why they had a fit when he didn't show up the 2nd day of work".  He just like, thought he could skip days whenever he wanted! 

It just makes you shake your head in wonder, how some people get through life.

People who don't live within their means are a big pet peeve of mine.  Especially when it's largely due to poor choices.

I had a former coworker who, like your friend @DrillSergeantCat, lived at her mom's house.  Only had to pay for her car insurance, car payment, and gas.  She was at least a hard worker and had a f/t job and sometimes even an extra p/t job.  She would complain about being broke all the time and ask for my advice.  But spent a few hundred a month on new clothes and shoes that she didn't need.  Went to concerts 1-2x/month where tickets were usually over $100/per.  Would spend $200 on birthday and Christmas presents for each member of her family.  $400-$500 gifts for her b/f.  To be fair, she did live within her means, but only because they were few.  However, she was "running fast, going nowhere" because she just couldn't or wouldn't differentiate between "wants" and "needs". 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy the worst part is now that her daughter has had her baby, there are 6 people (3 generations) living in 1300 square feet. Her daughter and granddaughter live in the dining room. Her daughter has been begging her to move out so they can get their own place. I've seen firsthand the lackadaisical way her mom raised her, which she repeated with her kids, and I sincerely hope her kids don't repeat it, but I fear they will (at least the daughter). There's no right way to raise your kids, but I dare say there is a wrong way. 
  • Options

Rant over.

It just makes you shake your head in wonder, how some people get through life.

People who don't live within their means are a big pet peeve of mine.  Especially when it's largely due to poor choices.

I had a former coworker who, like your friend @DrillSergeantCat, lived at her mom's house.  Only had to pay for her car insurance, car payment, and gas.  She was at least a hard worker and had a f/t job and sometimes even an extra p/t job.  She would complain about being broke all the time and ask for my advice.  But spent a few hundred a month on new clothes and shoes that she didn't need.  Went to concerts 1-2x/month where tickets were usually over $100/per.  Would spend $200 on birthday and Christmas presents for each member of her family.  $400-$500 gifts for her b/f.  To be fair, she did live within her means, but only because they were few.  However, she was "running fast, going nowhere" because she just couldn't or wouldn't differentiate between "wants" and "needs". 

This is 100% where people go wrong!