Just Engaged and Proposals

Lost engagement ring

Hi everyone,

I lost or misplaced my engagement ring and my wedding is two months away. Any advice? My fingers tend to swell and I'm not sure if I had my ring on while leaving work and it fell when I was changing out of my work clothes or if I misplaced it at home right after. I've looked everywhere and no luck. I created a craigslist ad on the lost and found and no luck so far. I'm sick to my stomach at the possibility I might not ever find my ring. The insurance on the ring doesn't cover loss of theft. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: Lost engagement ring

• Hi everyone,

I lost or misplaced my engagement ring and my wedding is two months away. Any advice? My fingers tend to swell and I'm not sure if I had my ring on while leaving work and it fell when I was changing out of my work clothes or if I misplaced it at home right after. I've looked everywhere and no luck. I created a craigslist ad on the lost and found and no luck so far. I'm sick to my stomach at the possibility I might not ever find my ring. The insurance on the ring doesn't cover loss of theft. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm so sorry... How disappointing. 

Your options are either to 1) buy a new e-ring, 2) buy a cheap/fake stand-in/temp for the wedding or 3) don't buy anything and just wear your wedding band. 

If you're on a tight budget, I would just choose option 2 or 3. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry... How disappointing. 

Your options are either to 1) buy a new e-ring, 2) buy a cheap/fake stand-in/temp for the wedding or 3) don't buy anything and just wear your wedding band. 

If you're on a tight budget, I would just choose option 2 or 3. 
    And if you do go with option one, make sure you get insurance that covers loss or theft.

I have a rider on my renter's insurance that covers my engagement ring for anything that could happen to it and it's only a few extra dollars a month. Shop around.
  • Thank you for your advice. I go back to work tonight. I'm hoping someone turns it in. I've been thinking about buying a stand in one just for the wedding. Its either a new ring or booking our honeymoon at this point.
  • I really hope you find it. That is very upsetting.
  • I hope that you either found it or it turns up. What did you end up doing?