Wedding Woes

We Got Wee Baby Chickens!!

H and I recently moved onto an acreage, and the first "farm animals" we got are these adorable fluffs!!  I had to share. Because how could I not?!?

These are fancy egg-laying chickens. A bunch of different kinds (even a "Naked Neck" which H picked out). We have 30 meat chicken babies arriving on August 1st as well. 

We had chickens growing up, so I know a few things about poultry, but it's different having them as an adult, on my own. H says I should just get a video baby monitor because I keep going In to "check on them" every half hour :lol:

I can't help it!  

Re: We Got Wee Baby Chickens!!

• They're so cute!!!!!
  • Love chickens! My mom has some at her farm and spoiled us with fresh eggs when I lived close. TBH, a baby monitor isn't a horrible idea.
  • So cute!!!  We had chickens when I was in high school, and I loved having the little babies!  It'll be interesting to see how they do with the different kinds--we had a few different ones and found they all picked on the "odd" one that was a different breed, but when they were all the same kind the hen-pecking wasn't quite so bad (we may have had too many for our space the first time around, which didn't help).  Enjoy them now before they turn into awkward "teenage" chickens and loose the cute factor!
  • Squeeee little fluff balls! They are adorable.

I want chickens so badly but we aren't allowed to have them where we live. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm scared of chickens. Bad experience involving a hen house and my favorite Miss Piggy sweatshirt as a child. Babies are cute, though!
  • Holy lord these little fluffers are cuuuute!

We had egg laying chickens growing up. Nothing compares to fresh eggs in the morning!
  • missfrodo said:
    So cute!!!  We had chickens when I was in high school, and I loved having the little babies!  It'll be interesting to see how they do with the different kinds--we had a few different ones and found they all picked on the "odd" one that was a different breed, but when they were all the same kind the hen-pecking wasn't quite so bad (we may have had too many for our space the first time around, which didn't help).  Enjoy them now before they turn into awkward "teenage" chickens and loose the cute factor!
    We wonder about that too. When I was younger we always had an assortment of birds, and maybe if there aren't very many "the same" nobody will get ganged up on. We shall see. We had a very large space for them, and they free ranged, so maybe that helped.  We have a lot of area to work with, so hopefully given enough room to roam they won't be too nasty with each other 
  • Excuse me while I die a little inside :D BABIES!!!