Wedding Woes

Thursday

BIL lands this afternoon.  My sister wants us there for an airport greeting party. :)

Other than that SSDD.  

Prudie Day! 

Re: Thursday

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I have a bunch of clients with filings due 7/31 and I'm waiting for them to get me stuff and/or sign off so I'm choosing to twiddle my thumbs and not do much else. I have lots of other stuff to do but I'm choosing to ignore it until these others are done.

We are doing our annual team outing tomorrow, it is an Amazing Race in downtown Indy which should be a lot of fun, although the heat index will be 100+ tomorrow. There's always an open bar at our outings, so I have a feeling there will be a lot of dehydrated drunks running around (I'll be sober Sally heading off to pick up my kid from daycare!)
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited July 2017
    Sorry the job search isn't going as hoped @DrillSergeantCat     I don't know about you but I'm terrible at splurging on myself (even before the baby really). I have tons of gift card money but nothing I want to buy. Of course it doesn't help that nothing fits these days so I don't like looking at clothes because it is depressing.

Yea for BIL coming home @mrsconn23 I love the airport greeting idea
  • @kvruns the job search is terrible. I've been on lots of interviews, but no offers. The interview yesterday was with a classmate who's been trying to get her boss to hire me for 2 years. He's finally opened up 2 positions. 

There's a couple things at Sephora that I want, but I'd really rather spend all my money on my babies. It's hard. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat, when was your birthday?  And fingers crossed that the interview went well!

@kvruns, when's baby due?

I'm taking a professional development class for work (I'm a teacher) and we have to prepare a 10 minute lesson for today's class.   I have 3 more weeks of vacation ... I'm not ready to actually teach!!!
  • Last night H & I had date night at home.  We put DD to bed a little early and had our BBQ ribs after she went to bed.  Then we cuddled on the couch after dinner.

The food truck bummed me out, they had run out of mac n cheese by the time we got there!  What I had was delicious, but I was really hoping for some good mac n cheese!

MIL & her BF are watching DD today and tomorrow.  So today they will stay for dinner as their payment, since MIL won't take money.  After we will start packing for our weekend at the shore.  We will be going to stay with my parents this weekend.  H & I are both taking half days on Friday, so we are hoping to get a jump on traffic and get there early.  It will be a packed car on the way home, as we will be bringing my niece and her friend home.  That's in addition to DD and our 70 lb lab.  We may have to do some creative maneuvering to get everything in!  I'm hoping Olive will be fine on the floor in front of DD's car seat.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017
    @mrsconn23, have a blast with the fam!
    @DrillsergeantCat, great news about the interview.  My fingers are crossed for you. I don't have a problem spending money on myself. lol. Usually it's cosmetics or some health item I don't need but will buy anyway. 
    @kvruns, that amazingrace sounds fun but the heat index not so much. GL with it.

Last night DH and I went out to dinner and then ended the night at dave and busters. It was so much fun. I sucked at every single game we played (he's a huge gamer so naturally it came easily for him) and the game controls/guns started to hurt my hands half way through all games (you know your'e not a gamer when.....).  Is it sad that the only game I excelled at was the "red cup challenge" which is another name for beer pong?

• edited July 2017
    I finally got around to making muffins and doing a load of laundry last night!

I'm currently researching how to get Angel to stop pooping in the spare room, and I'm thinking I need to just start cleaning the litter box more often. Otherwise we'll have to get a babygate to deter him from going in that room ever since the room he seems to favour will be the future kid's room.

Tonight is groceries and probably just general cleaning as per usual .... slowly getting our dining room cleaned up lmao!

edit:
    if the options we have don't work, we need to accept the fact we're gonna have to take Angel to the vet and possibly have to spend $1,500 if it is in fact his teeth causing issues :(
  • @holyguacamole79 it's today.

@MissKittyDanger Alvin will not use his litter box if it's been more than a couple days since it was cleaned. I'm thinking about investing in a Luup or self-cleaning litter box.
  • Happy Birthday DSC!!!!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @holyguacamole79  he will be 8 months on Saturday!

Happy birthday @DrillSergeantCat  didn't realize it was today!
  • @drillsergeantcat, Happy Birthday!
    @Misskittydanger, sorry about Angel. Vet bills can surely pile up!
    @holyguacamole79, enjoy your last 3 weeks of vaca :)

• @DrillSergeantCat HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@CharmedPam Ah I love dave and busters! I also suck at all the games, but it's still so much fun lol.

Got so depressed looking for engagement photo dresses yesterday. Seriously tried on 50+ dresses and nothing looked good on me. There's something about staring at yourself in mirrors for 2+ hours that really gets the spirit down! Finally bought one that I really liked, but the boob area is too small. Hoping I can rig it with a cami underneath..

Speaking of which, does anybody else HATE the change rooms that just have a curtain for a door? Last week the salesperson opened it on me when I was pretty much naked lol. And now I get nervous going in them.. Seriously, anybody can open it, at any time!
  • Happy birthday DSC and fingers crossed for this interview.  And spend that money on yourself - you deserve it - your babes have plenty.

Have fun @mrsconn23 - what an amazing thing to experience!

@holyguacamole79  H is a teacher, and has been in union negotiations all summer with the big vote ending tomorrow.  He's like, what summer?

Today I'm working a bridal show at a really nice hotel tonight.  I got the counter to my counter yesterday, and quite frankly I'm disappointed.  It's basically a lateral move for less-equal money (with potential for more).  The pros are working in a new industry with fresh ideas.  The con is that I was willing to take a pay cut for a step up (for the experience and resume building if this didn't work out), but right now I report to an owner who has the job I want, and I'm disappointed that this position has gone from starting a sales team to reporting to an owner whose wife is doing the job I want.

• apollymi said:
    @DrillSergeantCat HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@CharmedPam Ah I love dave and busters! I also suck at all the games, but it's still so much fun lol.

Got so depressed looking for engagement photo dresses yesterday. Seriously tried on 50+ dresses and nothing looked good on me. There's something about staring at yourself in mirrors for 2+ hours that really gets the spirit down! Finally bought one that I really liked, but the boob area is too small. Hoping I can rig it with a cami underneath..

Speaking of which, does anybody else HATE the change rooms that just have a curtain for a door? Last week the salesperson opened it on me when I was pretty much naked lol. And now I get nervous going in them.. Seriously, anybody can open it, at any time!
    I haven't gone into a store with just a curtain for a door in a long time.  Then again, I haven't gone clothes shopping in a while either.  I remember them though, and aside from them being small and cramped, and me hobbling around and opening it up on my own self, I hate them altogether yeah.

Glad you finally found a dress. I am with you on that boat.  Dress shopping is HARD. Hopefully you can fix the chest area. 

• @DrillSergeantCat  Angel is super picky. I clean the box once a day already. I've debated on Luup also ... I'm still on the fence but at this point I may just give up and buy it because daily cleaning isn't fun as is lol

@CharmedPam  urg right!? The vet said that was the high number, because it would depend on what needs to be done but still ... doesn't make me feel better lol
  • Hi everyone.
    I have had a good couple days. Yesterday, friend and I went to a pottery workshop and had a blast. I made a butter dish with a knife slot. :D I am so happy, you have no idea how long how long I have been looking for a stupid butter dish. We will go back in a week or so to fire and glaze.

this morning I woke up at 5:30am in order to take DH to the airport. Then I spent have the day running around the city looking for fabric for a project. Now I am going to my lesson and I think I will pick up a bottle of wine on my way home. :)
  • Hi everyone.
    I have had a good couple days. Yesterday, friend and I went to a pottery workshop and had a blast. I made a butter dish with a knife slot. :D I am so happy, you have no idea how long how long I have been looking for a stupid butter dish. We will go back in a week or so to fire and glaze.

this morning I woke up at 5:30am in order to take DH to the airport. Then I spent have the day running around the city looking for fabric for a project. Now I am going to my lesson and I think I will pick up a bottle of wine on my way home. :)
    I love when you're looking for something and you're just like "you know what, fuck this I'll make it myself!"
  • edited July 2017
  • @DrillSergeantCat happy birthday!!!

Today is day 1 of 6 straight work days. I had a meeting with my manager today. I hate meetings. After probabtion is over my goal is to stay under the radar so I never have another meeting again. Lol. 

• @DrillSergeantCat, Happy birthday and I'm glad your job interview went well!

@OliveOilsMom, you were so sweet to cook some ribs!  I know you said yesterday he mentioned craving BBQ.  I have some UOs about mac 'n cheese, lol.  It's okay, once in awhile, but never a fave.  Also, if there is no meat in it, it is a side dish.  Not a meal (to me).  But I am sorry they rant out of it for you.  I hate craving something and then being disappointed.  Real conversation that has happened multiple times in my house:

(I just get home from work), H: "I have some mac 'n cheese on the stove!"

Me:  "Thanks, what else did you make?"

H:  "Nothing."

Me (with huge side-eye):  "That is not a meal."

@kimmiinthemitten, drat!  I'm sorry your counteroffer was disappointing!  And also not quite the leadership position you were thinking it was.  Do those things make it a "no" or are you still thinking about it?

@apollymi, meh, sorry engagement photo dress shopping was disappointing.  I hope the dress you got does look cute with a "cami fix".

Ugh, I had a horrible day yesterday.  Nothing major even happened.  But it was just one of those days where the littlest things irritated me and I felt like I only had a thin grasp on my sanity, lol.  Then I get home, and my H slashed his leg open on the corner of our shed.  Yikes!  He didn't see a doctor and bandaged it up himself, but he might end up needing stitches.  We have a crappy high deductible health plan...doctor visit with stitches would be 100% on us...so we're really crossing fingers it just heals by itself.

I'm feeling better and more perked today.  This was pretty funny.  One of the engineers brought a huge stack of Material Requisitions into my office at the end of the day yesterday, for me to review.  Usually, the MOST I'll get at one time from one engineer is 4.  There were 12+.  I was already dreading spending half my day today reviewing them.

I slowly pick up the first one this morning, lol.  Hmmm...I've already reviewed it, signed it, and I don't see any changes made from when I did that.  I quickly scan through the rest and it is the same story.

I go back to the engineer and asked him about this.  Hoping I'm not an idiot who is missing something obvious, lol.  Nope (phew).  He just wasn't thinking and accidentally brought them back to me instead of taking them to Doc Control (the next step in the process).  We laughed and I went back to my office with bounce in my step.  Because my day just MAJORLY opened up and became way less stressful.  Yes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  yes you're correct on the UO for mac and cheese ;)
    We made multiple renditions of it because we all liked different ways.
    Mac, cheese and tomatoe or mac, hamburger and tomatoe were most popular

THANK YOU!  It feels like everybody else loves mac 'n cheese just the way it is and I'm the weirdo, lol.

I like to sizzle up some Spam for my mac 'n cheese, if I'm going to have it as a meal.  I'll own that Spam is a weird food.  I just blame my mom because she grew up in Hawaii.

Speaking of my mom, this is a cute mac 'n cheese story with her and my niece (N).  When N was about 5-6 years old, my mom was babysitting her.  For dinner, she made her mac 'n cheese with ground beef in it.

N made a face when she saw her food and said, "Grandma, we don't eat DIRTY mac 'n cheese in this house."  I still don't know what I find more hilarious.  Her calling it "dirty" or using the phrase "in this house"...as if her little girl self made the rules, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    My H also declares mac n cheese to only be a side dish
  • S+S - You could add meat to your mac n cheese bowl, so it would have been a meal!  LOL!

While I can eat just mac n cheese (and I have done this frequently for lunches), if its for dinner, there should be a meat accompanying it.  It just how I grew up, with a protein at every meal.  I used muffin pans and did mac n cheese cups with pulled pork on top.  That was good!  Another standby I use is mac n cheese with cubes of ham and peas.  It just somehow goes all together!

I hope DH leg heals well!  I have heard you can only get stitches within a small timeframe, so hopefully all goes well for DH!  Maybe try getting some butterfly

Kimmi - Sorry the counter offer wasn't better! 

THANK YOU!  It feels like everybody else loves mac 'n cheese just the way it is and I'm the weirdo, lol.

I like to sizzle up some Spam for my mac 'n cheese, if I'm going to have it as a meal.  I'll own that Spam is a weird food.  I just blame my mom because she grew up in Hawaii.

Speaking of my mom, this is a cute mac 'n cheese story with her and my niece (N).  When N was about 5-6 years old, my mom was babysitting her.  For dinner, she made her mac 'n cheese with ground beef in it.

N made a face when she saw her food and said, "Grandma, we don't eat DIRTY mac 'n cheese in this house."  I still don't know what I find more hilarious.  Her calling it "dirty" or using the phrase "in this house"...as if her little girl self made the rules, lol.

Don't get me wrong. I live for mac & cheese, but I've accepted I'm basically a weirdo in my family. I lived on Kraft Dinner for awhile and my dad grew to HATE it ...

AHAHAHAHA Dirty :D And I totally imagine the sassy face!

Don't get me wrong. I live for mac & cheese, but I've accepted I'm basically a weirdo in my family. I lived on Kraft Dinner for awhile and my dad grew to HATE it ...

That's because she takes after her aunt ;), lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

That's because she takes after her aunt ;), lol.
    Short and Sassy 2.0 lol ;)