Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• @apollymi, I do that a lot too.  I also love the Family guy bit!
    @levioosa, how does freedom taste? Sorry about the dog :(
    @holyguacamole79, glad to see you back in these parts.  Sorry about your parents' dog.  Never easy.
    @NOLABridesmaid.  Seriously?  Already that time? 
    @short+sassy, I think we're going to ditch the whole 'rent a car" thing and fly into Vegas, and then fly into SD.  Less hassle and I have a lot of SW points and credits to use.  I always wanted to stay at aria because I heard the beds were amazing. 

Wish I could hook you up with a free room at a Harrahs property in Vegas!  They send me offers like that all the time.  Never mind they, of all "people", know I haven't been to Vegas in 10ish years.

For "classic" Vegas, I enjoyed the impersonator show at the Imperial Palace.

I've seen Penn and Teller in both their Vegas show and when they performed in NOLA.  We really enjoyed it, but it was a mistake to see twice.  Even though there were a number of years between seeing those shows, it was almost exactly the same.

I've also seen other more random shows (showgirls, comedians, etc.) and the entertainment has just always been great.

I think the Aria is new, since the last time I went.  It doesn't ring a bell.

I never thought I would go to Vegas again, but now I'm having nostalgia.  Maybe I'll consider it again when I'm retired and have more time.

Thank you! My parents frequent Harrah's a lot too.  Actually I think they can get rooms at any total rewards)?  I think it will be around 2 years once we go back in April. I love it there.  Actually, this reminds me to start playing myvegas so i can cash in on some shows (maybe hotel rooms!).

You should totally go back!  It's not cheap :(

• @levioosa, I'm so sorry for your family's loss,  too!  

Thanks,  everyone!
  • Mental break, but my to-do list is down from 39 to 19, which is pretty damn good for right now.

I just going to give a blanket:  every one take good care of yourselves statement.  SSDD here.
  • Long exhausting day, but my research got read into testimony about the effect of the gender wage gap in front of the lieutenant Governor of NY today. Not bad for three days of work. 

But also, picked up keys to the apartment so we have a place to live!
    You're an official and bona fide lady boss!  Congrats!
    @holyguacamole79, glad to see you back in these parts.  Sorry about your parents' dog.  Never easy.
    @short+sassy, I think we're going to ditch the whole 'rent a car" thing and fly into Vegas, and then fly into SD.  Less hassle and I have a lot of SW points and credits to use.  I always wanted to stay at aria because I heard the beds were amazing. 

Wish I could hook you up with a free room at a Harrahs property in Vegas!  They send me offers like that all the time.  Never mind they, of all "people", know I haven't been to Vegas in 10ish years.

I've seen Penn and Teller in both their Vegas show and when they performed in NOLA.  We really enjoyed it, but it was a mistake to see twice.  Even though there were a number of years between seeing those shows, it was almost exactly the same.

I've also seen other more random shows (showgirls, comedians, etc.) and the entertainment has just always been great.

I never thought I would go to Vegas again, but now I'm having nostalgia.  Maybe I'll consider it again when I'm retired and have more time.

Thank you! My parents frequent Harrah's a lot too.  Actually I think they can get rooms at any total rewards)?  I think it will be around 2 years once we go back in April. I love it there.  Actually, this reminds me to start playing myvegas so i can cash in on some shows (maybe hotel rooms!).

I just booked the room for San Diego the night before the cruise.  i told H that I was lucky because while the hotels are roughly the same price in Vegas as they are in SD, I think I can swing at least one night free in Vegas with my game app!  It will help a lot.  His birthday gift is making me broke! 

Usually the hotel offers are for a specific area that has Harrahs hotels.  But there are sometimes a few "generic" hotel offers that can be used anywhere.  However, I think it always has to be that specific player checking in.

I get offers to stay at my local Harrahs every month.  Las Vegas hotel offers pretty often.  Sometimes, but not often, other Harrah's locations.

I used to get great travel offers a few times a year!  Where they'd hire a private jet and take a bunch of players to other Harrahs locations, including free hotel and shuttle to the hotel.  It would either be free or $149/person.  And when I say "private jet", picture a 737, lol.  Not something small and luxurious.  I'm not THAT much of a baller, lol.  At any rate, I got to go to Atlantic City once and Tahoe a few times with those junkets.

But those travel offers stopped coming to me about 2-3 years ago :(.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh!  I also meant to add that, while I don't use my local hotel offers very often, I've been able to hook up people who come to visit me a few times!  I love being able to do that.  It's kind of funny because, of course, I'M the one who has to check in since the free or discounted room is based on my player status.  And then I just add the names of my friends or family to the room...the people who are actually staying in the room, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those sound like awesome offers.  The hotels will do anything to get money into Vegas. And Vegas has no problem getting the money!  I want to invite my parents that weekend since they have the same deal, not because I would want a free room (that's nice and all) but because they're genuinely more fun than I am.