Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

False eyelashes yes or no?

I was never a fan of false eyelashes in general because I always thought they looked obviously fake and over done.

But at 2 of my friends weddings they had them and I was impressed that they looked natural. I wouldn't have known except I was there when the makeup artist applied them.

Now I'm considering it but I'd like some feedback on them

yes? no? pros? cons?

Re: False eyelashes yes or no?

• I tried them a few times when I lost my eyelashes to chemotherapy.  They were more trouble than they were worth.  My eyelashes only partially grew back, but I don't bother now.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I had lash extensions for DD's wedding. DD had had extensions put on about 1 week prior so some had fallen out. Her MUA filled in a few. It looked very natural. I would have the extensions all the time if they weren't so darn expensive!
  • I like @MobKaz's idea of just using fillers here and there to enhance your look, but not go full Kardashian. 

If you liked the way your friends' looked and they said it was a good experience, get their name of the MUA and go in for a consult. I would say that you should try them well in advance of the wedding as they are irritating for some people with sensitive skin and the last thing you want on your wedding day is red eyes and smeared make up from rubbing/picking them out.
    *********************************************************************************

• The fill in version are probably the best way to go if you don't normally wear fake lashes. I would recommend that you get a trial with them on to see how you look and how they feel. I had never worn fake lashes before and got them (the individual fill in kind) for my trial and decided that although I liked the look, I didn't like the feel or the maintenance after. I went without for my wedding and was happy.  
  • A word of warning about the extensions! I agree, they look awesome when first put on. And they're just so darn convenient, loved rolling out of bed looking like I already had mascara on. However, when they fell out, I discovered that the lash technician cut my natural eyelashes :'( I guess they were too long to work with the extensions. They cut them really short, and it took FOREVER for them to grow back, it was horrible. 
  • apollymi said:
    A word of warning about the extensions! I agree, they look awesome when first put on. And they're just so darn convenient, loved rolling out of bed looking like I already had mascara on. However, when they fell out, I discovered that the lash technician cut my natural eyelashes :'( I guess they were too long to work with the extensions. They cut them really short, and it took FOREVER for them to grow back, it was horrible. 
    Oh my that is awful. I have really short lashes so the technician didn't do that - I don't know if she does it on longer lashes. Yeah it was great looking like I had mascara on all the time! I'm using a lash grower now and am impressed at well it works. My daughter recommended it. I commented on how beautiful her lashes are - thick and long. The only reason she puts mascara on them is because hers are blond.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    apollymi said:
    A word of warning about the extensions! I agree, they look awesome when first put on. And they're just so darn convenient, loved rolling out of bed looking like I already had mascara on. However, when they fell out, I discovered that the lash technician cut my natural eyelashes :'( I guess they were too long to work with the extensions. They cut them really short, and it took FOREVER for them to grow back, it was horrible. 
    Oh my that is awful. I have really short lashes so the technician didn't do that - I don't know if she does it on longer lashes. Yeah it was great looking like I had mascara on all the time! I'm using a lash grower now and am impressed at well it works. My daughter recommended it. I commented on how beautiful her lashes are - thick and long. The only reason she puts mascara on them is because hers are blond.
    Do tell!  Inquiring minds need to know!
  • MobKaz said:
    apollymi said:
    I'll PM you. Don't want to get called out for advertising - and no I don't sell it.
  • MobKaz said:
    apollymi said:
    I'll PM you. Don't want to get called out for advertising - and no I don't sell it.
    As long as you're not peddling or advertising, you can recommend products that work for whatever. People do that all the time here and it's totally within the rules.

I'm also curious about lash grower that actually works!
    *********************************************************************************

• MobKaz said:
    apollymi said:
    As long as you're not peddling or advertising, you can recommend products that work for whatever. People do that all the time here and it's totally within the rules.

I'm also curious about lash grower that actually works!

I use the Shiseido full lash and brow serum.

http://www.sephora.com/full-lash-and-brow-serum-P398736?skuId=1733880&icid2=products grid:p398736

I use it mostly on my brows after I got a bad wax job and the technician pretty much waxed the whole tail end of my brow off  :'( It's worked amazing! 

• OK, it's Lash Boost by Rodan and Fields. I've been very happy with the results as has DD.