Wedding Woes

Marvelous Monday!

2»

Re: Marvelous Monday!

• @DrillSergeantCat - yayyyyy! Congrats on your new job! And happy birthday :)
    *********************************************************************************

• ok, so speaking of lack of energy.  My brother's friend reached out to me on facebook about the pruvit keotones drink.  He started to sell it (it IS pyramid) and now all his posts are about how it has changed his life.  It's supposed to lift brain fog, give you energy, help with depression, burn fat, lower blood sugar levels, cure all the diseases known to man....etc. etc.

So he sends me some videos and I must say his comments from people on his page ARE positive "thank you so much for showing me this stuff!".  So I go to the webpage, because naturally I'm intrigued, and it's $160 for one time shipment or $144 for the smart (auto) ship.  

I go to amazon and find that a company called Julian's bakery makes something with almost the exact same ingredients. Just missing some MCT powder or something.  At 1/3 the price!  Guess what I did?

I took my first scoop today (with water) and so far... I don't feel as amazing as I think I should feel... maybe I need the $160 product

The long and "surprisingly" varied list of benefits that pretty much everyone would like, is majorly setting off my "b.s." trigger, lol.

But hopefully the more affordable alternative will at least perk you up some.  It might just need to work over some time.

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?  That's my "one stop shop" advice anytime I hear someone complaining about feeling tired and/or hard time with weight.  A thyroid that is too low will cause depression, hair loss, tiredness, and either weight gain or difficulty losing weight.  It's one of those nefarious little maladies that I also think is largely undiagnosed.  At least in my completely unqualified opinion, lol.  But it is also neither a difficult or expensive test to have done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy birthday, @charlotte989875!! 

Happy belated birthday, @DrillSergeantCat!! 

Today I went into work not feeling well - nauseous, blurry vision, and just plain uncomfortable. Led a meeting and then left to go to my 36-week check-in with my OB. My BP was super high so she sent me over to Labor & Delivery, which is where I am not having tests done. No idea if I'm going home today, staying overnight for observation, or if I'm going to be admitted to have Babypants early...

At least this time I have headphones and a phone charger. 
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I've been feeling like a "mess" the last few days.  I'm super thirsty all the time and just feeling "run down".  I got 8 hours of sleep Saturday night.  Was up for a few hours.  Then went down for a nap at 11:20AM.  But didn't wake up until 5:00PM!  And still went to sleep at 10:30PM and went to sleep just fine.

It's eerie.  Because both thirst and tiredness are signs of really high blood sugar and I do have Type I Diabetes.  I'm almost having deja vu of when I was first diagnosed over 20 years ago, though not as bad.  But my blood sugars have been fine, overall, so I don't think it's that.

The only thing I can think of is general dehydration, because that can zap a person of energy also.  I've been trying to up my water intake.  I drink a lot of water and iced tea (plain) anyway, about 3/4ths of a gallon/day.  But the heat index has been over 100, so maybe I still need more than that!

I didn't know you were type 1.  I'm type II and I'm always tired.  I think it could be dehydration. It's been a hot summer for us, well this weekend anyway - so I'm guessing you too?

I was diagnosed when I was 20, so on the "older" side for Type I.

Yeah, it's always crazy hot here in the summer.  But the last week has been extra bad.  I'm pretty sure that's my problem and hoping the extra water helps.  It's tough to fit in because I already feel like I'm always drinking water or iced tea, lol.  However, the thirstiness has tapered off some over the last couple days as I've made the effort.

wouldn't iced tea dehydrate you more with the caffeine?  Do you like coconut water, DH drinks it as well as our toddler.  It's really hydrating.  I can't stand the taste of it, and I'm allergic to coconut oil so I'm wary of all things coconut, but maybe it's something to look into for hydration purposes?

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    DH is away for work/play until late tomorrow night, so it's me and the little munchkin.  We are in the new house, and there is still a bunch of stuff that needs to be put away, especially in the master bedroom.  I'm at an impasse though, because I need DH to put up the shelves and rods so I can get stuff where it needs to go.  Frustrating!  I feel lazy relaxing at night when I know there is stuff to unpack, but I'm also not interested in bugging DH about it, since he basically built the house himself over the past 6 months. . . . . he needs a break!!!
  • kaos16 said:

I've been feeling like a "mess" the last few days.  I'm super thirsty all the time and just feeling "run down".  I got 8 hours of sleep Saturday night.  Was up for a few hours.  Then went down for a nap at 11:20AM.  But didn't wake up until 5:00PM!  And still went to sleep at 10:30PM and went to sleep just fine.

It's eerie.  Because both thirst and tiredness are signs of really high blood sugar and I do have Type I Diabetes.  I'm almost having deja vu of when I was first diagnosed over 20 years ago, though not as bad.  But my blood sugars have been fine, overall, so I don't think it's that.

The only thing I can think of is general dehydration, because that can zap a person of energy also.  I've been trying to up my water intake.  I drink a lot of water and iced tea (plain) anyway, about 3/4ths of a gallon/day.  But the heat index has been over 100, so maybe I still need more than that!

I didn't know you were type 1.  I'm type II and I'm always tired.  I think it could be dehydration. It's been a hot summer for us, well this weekend anyway - so I'm guessing you too?

I was diagnosed when I was 20, so on the "older" side for Type I.

Yeah, it's always crazy hot here in the summer.  But the last week has been extra bad.  I'm pretty sure that's my problem and hoping the extra water helps.  It's tough to fit in because I already feel like I'm always drinking water or iced tea, lol.  However, the thirstiness has tapered off some over the last couple days as I've made the effort.

wouldn't iced tea dehydrate you more with the caffeine?  Do you like coconut water, DH drinks it as well as our toddler.  It's really hydrating.  I can't stand the taste of it, and I'm allergic to coconut oil so I'm wary of all things coconut, but maybe it's something to look into for hydration purposes?

I'll have to look at the label for my iced tea.  Most teas don't have that much caffeine, but some do. 

I've thought about getting some coconut water, but I'm always a little leery because of it's sugar content.  Even pure coconut water has 15g of natural sugars for 11 oz.  Not something I could drink every day, but 2-3x/week for supplemental hydration would be okay.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sparklepants41, hopefully you can go home today and it's not to worrisome (is that a word?)
    @short+sassy, yeah I did get checked years ago and I think my thyroid is OK.  I am also on the look out for PCOS.  I just want to blame my struggle to lose weight on SOMEthing and not the bagels.  God damn, are bagels good.

• @sparklepants41 healthy vibes for you and babypants!  Hope you find out soon what is going on and that you get to go home with babypants in utero to keep on baking! 

@CharmedPam - I have PCOS.  My main issue was insulin intolerance.  When I was diagnosed with that part of my PCOS, I was put on a hypoglycemic diet (which includes watching the amount of carb grams I eat per meal) and given metformin to "give my Pancreas" a break for a bit.  At that time I was pre-diabetic.  The combo had me losing weight like I never had before.  By the time I ended up pregnant, my pre-diabetic state was reversed.  I will need to eat like this for the rest of my life.  It was very hard to keep up with while home with DD.  But now that I am back to work, it easier to eat 6 times per day.  I already see that I am losing weight again, even without the metformin.  And while not the same, Thomas' Bagel thins are pretty good! 

• Today I went into work not feeling well - nauseous, blurry vision, and just plain uncomfortable. Led a meeting and then left to go to my 36-week check-in with my OB. My BP was super high so she sent me over to Labor & Delivery, which is where I am not having tests done. No idea if I'm going home today, staying overnight for observation, or if I'm going to be admitted to have Babypants early...

if you don't mind sharing, what's the BP? 
    my guess is if the BP doesn't start to go down on it's own, they'll keep you 24 hours and do the 24 hr urine test for pre-eclampsia.
    I had pre-e, so let me know if you have any questions.
    on plus side, at 36 weeks, you're nearly full term, so if you need to be induced now, you'll likely be able to take baby sparkle home with you/will avoid the NICU. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017

@sparklepants41 healthy vibes for you and babypants!  Hope you find out soon what is going on and that you get to go home with babypants in utero to keep on baking! 

@CharmedPam - I have PCOS.  My main issue was insulin intolerance.  When I was diagnosed with that part of my PCOS, I was put on a hypoglycemic diet (which includes watching the amount of carb grams I eat per meal) and given metformin to "give my Pancreas" a break for a bit.  At that time I was pre-diabetic.  The combo had me losing weight like I never had before.  By the time I ended up pregnant, my pre-diabetic state was reversed.  I will need to eat like this for the rest of my life.  It was very hard to keep up with while home with DD.  But now that I am back to work, it easier to eat 6 times per day.  I already see that I am losing weight again, even without the metformin.  And while not the same, Thomas' Bagel thins are pretty good! 

That's pretty much my story too! My doc said she didnt think I was PCOS but she didnt rule it out, and we're "on watch".  I was pre diabetic when they caught it in my blood 3 years ago. I was also put on metformin (for pre diabetes)  I did amazingly well with no carbs/sugar/workouts and lost 50 lbs and had it under control.

I have since then fell off the wagon and I can't get back on. I'm in a diabetic stage now.  :(  Carbs fill me up.  Meat/veggies never really did.

• Today I went into work not feeling well - nauseous, blurry vision, and just plain uncomfortable. Led a meeting and then left to go to my 36-week check-in with my OB. My BP was super high so she sent me over to Labor & Delivery, which is where I am not having tests done. No idea if I'm going home today, staying overnight for observation, or if I'm going to be admitted to have Babypants early...

At least this time I have headphones and a phone charger. 
    Positive thoughts for you both today.  Let us know how it all goes :smile:
  • Fingers crossed for you and Babypants!  Keep us posted if you can.
  • @sparklepants41 healthy vibes for you and babypants!  Hope you find out soon what is going on and that you get to go home with babypants in utero to keep on baking! 

That's pretty much my story too! My doc said she didnt think I was PCOS but she didnt rule it out, and we're "on watch".  I was pre diabetic when they caught it in my blood 3 years ago. I was also put on metformin (for pre diabetes)  I did amazingly well with no carbs/sugar/workouts and lost 50 lbs and had it under control.

I have since then fell off the wagon and I can't get back on. I'm in a diabetic stage now.  :(  Carbs fill me up.  Meat/veggies never really did.

I worked with a nutritionist.  I was allowed a certain amount of carb servings per meal.  Dinner was 45 g and that equated to 1 cup of pasta.  I never really had a problem cutting the sugar out.  When I was diagnosed with the insulin resistance the doctor asked me if I was a candy fiend.  I honestly said no, because I can take it or leave it.  He seemed surprised.  He said usually people in my condition would live off candy to help them feel "better" by making their blood sugar go up. 

I didn't really do too many workouts.  My nutritionist just wanted me walking for 30 minutes per day, 5x per week.  I also was doing the yoga once a week then.  I usually took my walks during the day on my lunch or in the evening with H around the neighborhood.

If you have good insurance, ask your doctor for an internal ultrasound.  It's the only true way to diagnose PCOS, to see if you have the cysts on your ovaries.  That is what officially diagnosed me, 8 years ago. 

I read "PCOS and your fertility" once I was officially diagnosed, but you may find the book helpful now.

• Good luck @sparklepants41! Hope  you get to go home tomorrow so that baby pants can keep cooking!
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2017

@sparklepants41  yeah, your BP is higher than mine was when i was admitted. hopefully they can get it down and you can go home. I was admitted at 33w, and induced 33W6D because my pre-e was too advanced/my numbers were getting worse. I had the steroid shots on my (2nd?) day in the hospital. Wolverine was born at 34W, never needed a respirator, and was only in the NICU for 12 days (released 35W5D). 

ETA: with a preemie, they're going to look at breathing without support, eating without support (feeding tube), weight gain after the (totally normal) initial drop, temp regulation, and ability to pass a car seat test before they let them go. 
    if they put you on magnesium sulfate, it can trigger headaches, cause heat sensitivity, and make the baby "floppy" (NICU nurse's words)  for the first day or so until they get it out of their system. 

My OBGYN said with pre-e, they try to get you to 37 weeks (+) if possible. 
    It sounds like you're in good hands. The hospital bed rest sucks, but hang in there.
  • *Barbie* said:

@sparklepants41  yeah, your BP is higher than mine was when i was admitted. hopefully they can get it down and you can go home. I was admitted at 33w, and induced 33W6D because my pre-e was too advanced/my numbers were getting worse. I had the steroid shots on my (2nd?) day in the hospital. Wolverine was born at 34W, never needed a respirator, and was only in the NICU for 12 days (released 35W5D). 

ETA: with a preemie, they're going to look at breathing without support, eating without support (feeding tube), weight gain after the (totally normal) initial drop, temp regulation, and ability to pass a car seat test before they let them go. 
    if they put you on magnesium sulfate, it can trigger headaches, cause heat sensitivity, and make the baby "floppy" (NICU nurse's words)  for the first day or so until they get it out of their system. 

My OBGYN said with pre-e, they try to get you to 37 weeks (+) if possible. 
    It sounds like you're in good hands. The hospital bed rest sucks, but hang in there.
    Thank you! And thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge! It definitely helps to hear from someone who's been there :-)
  • @holyguacamole79 will do! Right now the plan is to get me comfortable for the evening and monitor my BP overnight - if it goes up again they'll have me deliver. Meanwhile I made the rookie mistake of ordering haddock for dinner (note: this is Boston, but it's most definitely NOT Oceanaire or Legal lol)

Does that depression textline work nationally? Or is that just a local # to text? I always wonder how those text lines work...
  • @sparklepants41 - to the best of my knowledge, it's available nationally.  Here's the website.  https://www.crisistextline.org/how-it-works  The times I've used it were just when I was anxious, but it didn't warrant a trip to my therapist.  For example, I was anxious about spending Thanksgiving with my ILs bc my FIL is a jackass.  I had a good text chat in the car on our way there and it was nice to feel validated.
  • Sparkle - I didn't have pre-e, but my water broke when I was 36wk3days.  I was given the lung steroid for DD as a precaution.  She was born the next day at 36wk4days.  I was told that if I made it to 36wk5days, they probably wouldn't have even given me the steroids.  Ask if you can take acidophilus - its a probiotic, it will help prevent a yeast infection from the steroid for babysparkle's lungs.  I was given that, but only after DD was born.  So not sure if its safe for you at this point.  When discharged I was told to take for 6 weeks.  Especially if you are planning to breastfeed, a yeast infection could impact babysparkle too.

Continued good health vibes!

• @holyguacamole79 thank you!

@OliveOilsMom thanks!! I will definitely look into the acidophilus. Is that the same culture that's in yogurt? Could I also just eat a lot of yogurt? 
  • Congratulations @DrillSergeantCat! I may have let friend fall in the koi pond if it wasn't going to hurt the fish. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    good luck @sparklepants41 hope they can get your numbers back down and you can go home
  • @sparklepants41 I think that is the same culture in yogurt.  I don't like yogurt, so I took the pill!  You probably could just eat a lot of yogurt!
  • @charlotte989875 thanks! Apparently one of the times she almost fell in the pond, she was also holding our friend's 2 year old. She still hasn't responded to my text and our friend is going to talk to her tonight about uninviting her to her party in a couple weeks.