New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Harriman state park (or nearby) reception?

Hello! I'm looking for a little local intel on the state parks around the area. My wedding will be next June, and the only thing that's really set so far is that the ceremony will be at ringwood manor over in NJ. (Note-- this is not skylands manor, which is across the road from ringwood and is an actual wedding venue.) In a dream world, we'd be able to set up some tables in that park and have the reception there as well, but sadly they don't allow receptions there. 

Which brings me here -- I'm looking at the parks just over on the NY side of the border, like Harriman state park. Does anyone know what that park allows in terms of weddings? Is there a nice field or something that has always made you say, "gee, wouldn't this be a nice spot for a weddding?" And lastly, of course, do you know the policy on alcohol? (I know in NY it essentially varies place by place, and a straightforward answer from the nys parks website is proving maddeningly elusive.)

We're really not looking for a "venue" here, just a pretty spot to pop up some tables (or a tent in case of rain) and keep it casual, so all suggestions are really appreciated, even wacky ones. 

Thanks! 

Re: Harriman state park (or nearby) reception?