Nevada-Las Vegas

HELP NEEDED - LESS THAN 6 WEEKS TO GO!

edited July 2017 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Hi All,

I am looking for some serious help here!

I will be getting married in the MGM Skyline Terrace Suite on 1st September 2017 at 2pm by Raúl Martínez who is a Humanist Celebrant. We had planned on having a low key wedding as we are on a tight budget but we have 35 people flying over from Scotland to attend so I feel that we should put some noce touches to the wedding.

Due to budget constraints we will be having our ceremony and  reception in the suite. So far the to do list we have is as below:

hire bartender (we will supply the alcohol)
hire photographer
hire chairs for ceremony
hire an isle runner
hire buffet style food (we were thinking of picking up platters from a nearby convenience store) 
wedding favors
wedding cake

We plan on making a playlist of music and playing this through the day/night.

we are also worried that the MGM may be awkard given that we are not using any of their vendors (due to the price).

Is there anything else that you think I am missing? any input or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help.

Many thanks

John and Shannon 

Re: HELP NEEDED - LESS THAN 6 WEEKS TO GO!

• Music?  Also check the audio system in the suite you get before the actual wedding because they can be in need of assistance (read: they could be broken and need maintenance to fix them).  The suites are very nice but there are problems with things like that. 

Also some people like to hire a coordinator, but if you feel organized enough you probably don't need one.

• Hi Meridian,

thank you for your quick response - we were thinking of creating a playlist and playing it throughout the day/night.

We looked into hiring a coordinator but to be honest, we felt that they were quite expensive.

thanks again
  • I had my vow renewal at he MGM and there was no awkwardness at all. I used all outside vendors and the only thing I ordered from them was the champagne because I forgot to pick some up. 

We had about 25 people and I was so glad I had a coordinator. Contact ecstacy events. We used them and they do full service coordination.  Their bartender was around $25 per hour. They provided excellent food. 
  • Hi,

thank you so much for your reply! I have contacted Ecstacy and am currently awaiting a response - can I ask what their total price was and what this included on the day?

I would be interested to speak to you directly if you could kindly provide your email address.

Many thanks

Shannon 
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Hello there, wedding twin!

First of all: second hand recommendation, Pat the Bartender from Thumbtack. Check out @adverb's review on him!

We used Petunia Blum Photography for our photographer. She was AMAZING and worked with all of my craziness. Very affordable and genuinely an amazing human.

Buffet style food: Check out Sauced Food Truck. Mike was half the price of what I was quoted from Masterpiece Catering, which saved us a ton of money, and the food was awesome. We did a drop off service, which was pretty effortless. And definitely cheaper than going to a local grocer and buying platters -- not to mention, way less stress! (I looked at this option, too.)

We scrapped the wedding favors; I don't think anyone noticed. And no one noticed there was no guestbook, either.

Wedding cake, we did cupcakes from Freed's. Probably my least favorite vendor that we worked with, but definitely delicious cupcakes.

You can do it on a limited budget -- and you can do it all without telling MGM anything. :) We did it in October.

We used the in-suite sound system. I left it to my husband to figure out -- it's stupidly complicated, since it runs through the TVs. I'm in IT and I got frustrated and made him do it, haha. Make sure to have someone tech-savvy around and a couple of good AUX cables on hand. If you're on an iOS device, you'll need a 30-pin to Lightning adapter.
  • Hi Xoden,

thank you for the response and all the info you have provided!

Can I ask the cost of the above venders, how many people were at you wedding and were you hired the table and chairs?

Can I also ask if you had your ceremony in the suite? and what your itinerary was?

I will contact the above named supplier for quotes but just wanted to check in advance.

Oh, last questions - what did you do about decorations?

Speak soon!
  • Contacts Rachael at Rachael's Custom Events....omg she is a God-Send and specializes in brides on a budget and smaller weddings. I just had my wedding and she went above and beyond. Message me and I will send you pics. Let her know that Tj referred you. You can definitely get there in 6 weeks. I used Masterpiece Cuisine and they were perfect. I had so much food leftover so u can definitely do smaller portions.
  • Hi Hart Mrs,

my contact address is shannonflanagan1@hotmail.co.uk

thank you for your help and I look forward to speaking with you - only 35 days to go!
  • Hi Xoden,

thank you for the response and all the info you have provided!

Can I ask the cost of the above venders, how many people were at you wedding and were you hired the table and chairs?

Can I also ask if you had your ceremony in the suite? and what your itinerary was?

I will contact the above named supplier for quotes but just wanted to check in advance.

Oh, last questions - what did you do about decorations?

Speak soon!
    I'm going from memory, so message me for more accurate details. :)

Petunia Blum was under $1000. That included our day-of for ~4 hours (which included a mini boudoir set!) and a 3-ish hour photo tour the day before.

Sauced was ~$650 for food and non-alcoholic drinks for 23.

Freed's was $150 or so? Not my favorite.

We didn't bother with tables or chairs. There was no need and there was more than enough room. We had 23 guests, plus ourselves, our photographer and our officiant and there was more than enough room and seating, especially to keep it casual.

We had the ceremony in suite. We asked guests to arrive at 6:30, knowing Vegas time. Most people were in the suite by then, though we had some arriving closer to our ceremony time. Ceremony at 7:15, a couple of speeches, and then eating, drinking, and being married. We made our way over to NY-NY at around 8:30, though I wish we had stayed in the suite a little while longer. :) Again, this is all from memory.

Decorations were simple! I brought some string lights and some puck lights (both from Amazon), we blew up some balloons and my grandmother insisted on hanging one of those paper wedding bells:

• I also got married in the MGM suite.

Another vote for Pat the bartender. He was $100 and the best $100 we spent. we supplied the alcohol and mixers but he brought all the tools. It rained our wedding day so he kept everyone entertained. 

@xoeden 's prices were similar to mine. i used Bentley Wilson for photography and they were about $1000 too. This was for the full 8 hours. And he actually ended up staying a little extra.

As for decorations i didn't really bother with much since the suite was already decorated. I added some personal touches, but you really don't need to.
  • Hi Shannon, we get married in the suite 3rd April 2018 and I am keen to hear about your experience when you return. We are using independent photographer, makeup artist and officiant and I have just asked the MGM for a quote for the drinks service. We plan on eating at the buffet after the ceremony and then back to the suite for a drinks reception. The price guide I have seen is $42 per head for a 4 hour unlimited bar service which I did not think was bad at all! My concern with an independent bar service is how are the drinks kept chilled because I assume if you use the hotel service they bring a fridge on wheels kind of setup into the suite?