Wedding Woes

Friday!

Woohoo!! 

We had a plumber come by today and he basically said the issues we were having could be done via DIY.  I felt awful for wasting his time, but I have a serious case of "TOLD YA SO" for DH.  I ASKED him if we could fix it THE WAY THE PLUMBER TOLD ME WE COULD.  *le sigh* I swear I know shit sometimes even if I'm not the most handy person. 

What's on tap for the weekend?

We don't have much.  The boys are heading downtown Sunday to watch Colts practice.  I'm more than OK with the lack of plans.  

Re: Friday!

• @mrsconn23  I love the "I told you so!" moments ;)

Not much last night. Finished "Stranger Things" and I have a theory that M never thought of. One of his buddy's is really into the show, so he said next time we see him, I should mention the theory. Why? BECAUSE IT MAKES MORE SENSE THAN HALF THE SHIT GOING AROUND THE INTERNET!
    *deep breath*

I finally got vacuuming mostly done - still need to do certain areas again because I didn't want to change the brush head and I need to empty the canister. And one load of laundry was done. I think I may need to get a new rack for laundry :(

Tonight I'm getting my hair cut and talking to a new stylist about potential of colouring my hair. I know what I want to do, and I could do it myself but it's just easier if a professional does it. My friend who does hair is impossible to reach and our hours don't connect :(
    Even if I get professional bleaching, I could do the rest. It's literally just doing gradient colouring on the tips - maybe starting half way? Idk yet. {like pink fade into purple idea}

Since Fridays are short at work, I've found something that will take time but only be one thing :) Lol!
  • My boss is out today so I it's crochet day! Last Friday, I did an entire baby blanket at work.

We have a mosquito problem at home. These suckers love Mouse. I took him to urgent care Tuesday because one of them was really big, red, and oozing. Yesterday, I get a call from daycare saying that Mouse has all these red spots and they don't know what they are and then the teacher said, "I think they want you to come get him until you can figure out what this is." I leave work an hour early and she's out in the parking lot waiting for me in her car. She tells me "there's 9 spots and they're about the size of a quarter! I just don't know what's going on!"

I go inside and there's the director, so I ask her "what do you think this is that I needed to come pick him up?" She looks at me quizzically and says, "No...we just wanted you to be aware because his teacher said they've gotten worse throughout the day." So I tell her, "they're mosquito bites but what did you guys think it was that I needed to come pick him up and take him to the doctor?" Now she's picking up what I'm laying down and she tells me that she never said I needed to come get him and the teacher shouldn't have said that. Turns out the teacher wanted to go home early, but needed to get rid of a couple of kids first so she told me Mouse needed to be picked up. I'm halfway considering finding a new daycare after this.

Tomorrow, is my friend's son's birthday party. Sunday, my new friend (H's high school friend) is coming over with her kids who are almost the same age as ours. 
  • We will have a fun filled weekend!  Saturday is yoga in the morning for me.  Then I'm finally taking H for his birthday dinner at Max Brenner's in Philly.  LOOK IT UP!  It's the chocolate restaurant and its amazing!

Sunday we will be taking DD to her first Phillies game.  We have some good seats, the weather looks like it will be beautiful and DD will get her own Phanatic bobble head!

H's friend's daughter had her baby on Wednesday.  So we may pop over to meet the little munchkin.  She is even smaller than DD!  5 lb 8 oz!  Last night H did go over there to help his friend move in the baby furniture into the bedroom so when they came home today everything would be in place. 

That is when H heard a story that made me want to go smack new dad upside the head.  I mentioned before how the grandfather wanted to redo the bedroom for them and the baby, but they had to clean it first.  The GF was even going to paint the room for them.  Well when they didn't even clean it, GF said he wasn't going to paint it or put out any effort when they couldn't even get the room clean.  Fast forward and the couple finally get the room clean.  So the dad is in there painting it and grandmom over hears dad say to mom, "Why do I have to paint?  It's not like its my house!"  UMMMM, you have been living there rent free for a year!  You can paint a room!

• @DrillSergeantCat  Upside is that they'd take precautions if there was an issue. Downside is that teacher is lazy and shouldn't have scared you like that - some parents would have probably freaked out! {I would probably be one of those freak outs}

@OliveOilsMom  you sold me at chocolate. Can I come to dinner? :P
  • DCS - I would be livid that they made me leave work early to pick up my kid because the teacher wanted to go home early!  I would have responded to the director - "Do you think that is appropriate?" "Why am I paying you to watch my kid while I am at work"  Poor mouse though :(  I have heard that lemongrass helps disrupt mosquitoes senses and they stay away - just plant them strategically around your yard.  Haven't tried it yet though.  I used to use clean & clear astringent on my mosquito bites (green head flies too) and they wouldn't swell or itch.

MKD - Only it you pay!

• mrsconn23 said:
    Oh and I forgot...After all that crying about going to school, DefConn came home thinking he was hot shit because he's a big bad 1st grader now...unlike those babies in Kindergarten.  Those Kindy kids know nothing and thankfully they have DefConn to show them the way. :D:D:D  

I can't even with him sometimes.  Utterly ridic. 
    1st grade > Kindy
  • @MissKittyDanger yeah...they're really good about letting me know when I need to keep an eye on stuff and I appreciate that they do keep a lookout, but these are obviously mosquito bites and she wasn't told to tell me to come get him. 

@mrsconn23 I'm gladd DefConn enjoyed his first day.

@OliveOilsMom I wouldn't even know what to do with a baby that small! PG was 3 weeks early and was almost 2 pounds heavier! 
  •  My parents and my sister (and her family) are coming into town for the weekend for a concert.  They're all staying with us,  which will be cozy (we have 2 guest rooms).  The best part is that my husband & I get to babysit our 2 year old nephew tomorrow.    He's so much fun!!!
  • Aaahhh...overwhelming day at work!  It's my half day, but I'll have to stay late.  I'm hoping not more than an hour late, but that might be wishful thinking :(.

Then it's off to Walmart for grocery shopping.  Meh.  And putting up the rental ad for my vacant unit.

But this will be a fairly mellow weekend, after that.  Tomorrow morning, my H and I will do my hotel board pic route.  Then possibly go to Costco to finish shopping.  Assuming I get the rental ad up today, we might have to run out and do showings here and there.

I need to relax as much as I can.  I haven't been sick, per se.  But I've been really rundown.

Y'all, it has been HOT here.  Ridic. hot.  It's miserable.  Probably why I feel run down.  I got in my car after work yesterday and the temp. gauge was at 101F.  It felt like half the oxygen in the car was gone because the air was so thick from the heat.  I turned up the a/c AND rolled the windows down, at least until the a/c got going.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @MissKittyDanger what is your theory on the show?
    @DrillSergeantCat I'd be so mad! I've heard other people say their kids have been sent home before bc it seemed like staff wanted to leave. i thought that with mine a couple times but then I'd see enough kids/teachers there that it didn't seem like anyone could go home unless a bunch of other kids left
  • Side note: one of M's coworker's wife had baby #2 :) Boy. Jack.
    So many baby boys named Jack. I've told M we may have to open up the conversation on names if we have a boy because M really wants that name.

I've already asked about it being middle name for girl, so it may be a conversation for both .... seems like Jack/Jackson are popular lol
  • Happy Friday!

It's my last day of work, so crazy how fast these past two weeks have gone! This weekend is all packing and cleaning. We have our going away party on Saturday though, which will be fun. Sunday we're loading the Uhaul up, then waking up early Monday morning to hit the road! It's going to take us three days to get there. Hopefully everything goes smoothly!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I really wanted Jack for a boy (Jackson and call him Jack) but I knew my H was not on board with it so I didn't even fight (although I believe that if I'm carrying the kid I got final say in the name!)
  • @kvruns  The scene at the end when Hopper leaves the hospital and the car comes, he gets in? I think Hopper is now with the institute - helping? running? Idk that much. But how else would he know where to put the food? He uncovered everything they were doing, he's an asset. If they wanted to, he would have been killed awhile ago. Crazy blonde lady and the doctor are dead, so they need a new person to head the institute.
  • kvruns said:
    I really wanted Jack for a boy (Jackson and call him Jack) but I knew my H was not on board with it so I didn't even fight (although I believe that if I'm carrying the kid I got final say in the name!)
    I was cool when M stated he was strong about the name {his grandfather's name} because John is a popular name on both sides of my family. But I swear for past 5ish years, I know wayyy toooooo manyyyy Jack/Jackson's :( Even a Jax
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Yea I thought he was helping with the institute somehow too 
  • kvruns said:
    Yea I thought he was helping with the institute somehow too 
    THANK YOU!!!
    I've been searching Reddit for other theories because it's a pretty vague one that I haven't entirely hashed out {to see if someone else caught something I didn't} but ONE PERSON has same theory! Everyone's too busy looking at other things that it's getting over looked!
  • @drillsergeantcat, yeah that would irk me to no end.  I get that some businesses get to leave early (us) but some people just can't.  Child care is one of them!
    @Mrsconn23, I would love it if I was right on a house thing, sadly, I never am. So yeah, in your face party!!
    @OliveOilsMom, I looked up the place (you told me to!). H and I would go crazy in there! Glad Chicago doesn't have one.  Not that I frequent Chicago places all that much.

No plans for the weekend and I am OK with that.  Maybe I should clean my place....or maybe I shouldn't?

• @apollymi, have a fun, good-bye weekend and a great and safe trip out to Saskatchewan.  Totally guessing on the spelling, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam I told the assistant director this morning that since I'm starting a new job in a week that I won't be able to just drop everything on a whim to pick them up unless it's necessary and that if it continues, I'll have to find another center. Her response was, "Trust me...she'll be gone before you do."
    Sounds like you're not only one who complained and this probably isn't the first time.
  • Apparently, because it is one of the busiest days I've had in a long time, people are coming out of the woodwork needing help.

I got an e-mail from one of our client's employees, who I've never worked with and he's never contacted me about anything else, to get something done for him, lol.  I mean, what he asked me for is valid, it's fine.  But it was just such a "Murphy's Law" moment.  Like, really?  REALLY?  The one time you are asking me for something and its on a crazy day.

Quite frankly, he sent me the request 20 minutes after I should have already been out of here.  I hated to do it, but I replied back letting him know that and that I could either handle it on Monday for him or he could contact XYZ for help.

All right!  Finally outta here.  "Only" one hour and 10 minutes late, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Self praise - Two weeks ago I had a meeting with my boss. I mentioned it here {about fucking up and putting my job in jeopardy}

Anyways, had a follow up meeting and despite the fact I don't notice huge improvements she assured me there are improvements. I'm aware I need to really push myself to fix this but it is definitely on the positive side.

With file reviews - 5 with small mess ups {didn't print something or no stamp} 5 perfect. So we're at 50/50 which isn't too bad given the previous issues.

I have been pushing M to do more at home. Maybe I'm stressed and getting distracted? We're just looking at picture as a whole. I'm working on my stress, M is trying to be more helpful and maybe that will show over into work life.

The balance is hard people. Idk how some of you do it! I need a balance before adding a kid.
  • Has anyone heard how @sparklepants41 is doing?
  • Has anyone heard how @sparklepants41 is doing?
    Last I knew she was heading home for bed rest