Wedding Woes

Just another manic Monday.

Re: Just another manic Monday.

• 6fsn said:
    @kimmiinthemitten good luck with your walk. Dh's aunt is starting her second battle with breast cancer. 
    Sorry to hear that!  Add her to my list of people I'm walking for!
  • @lyndausvi, happy birthday!  So crazy about the bears!  I know black bears are a lot smaller than grizzlies, but still.  I was just watching the new tv show "I Am Prey", last night.  One of the stories was a guy attacked by a grizzly bear.  Eeek!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @lyndausvi happy birthday! 
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Our weekend was pretty busy, as summer weekends tend to be for us.  Saturday I took our son to a work picnic.  He had a blast running around, trying to play with the big kids.  He was not interested in the other toddlers.  All of the kids there were so well behaved, polite and sweet.  It was refreshing.

Then, Saturday night DH and I went on a dinner cruise.  It went around the Statue of Liberty, really neat. . . . but the entire boat smelled like there was some sort of sewer issue.  Yuck!!!

Yesterday, DH called me from the golf course at about 11:30 to say that we were having 10 guests for dinner, lol.  We just did burgers and dogs.  If he wants to throw all these impromptu parties, we're doing basics.  He was annoyed that I was giving people wine in plastic cups.  We are big wine lovers, and if it was just us or friends as equally into wine, I'd use crystal, but for people who like white wine because it's wet and cold, and are running around in the backyard hanging out. . . . plastic is fine!!  DH's mom was one of the guests and is basically horrified that we have people over since we still have some boxes here and there from moving, and the flower beds aren't weeded.  She will only entertain if everything is pristine!  As long as everything is surface clean, I'm fine with people coming over!

Lastly, DH grabbed Sabrett hot dogs to cook and when people started eating they were all commenting how spicy they were, asking what he put on them, asking for water.  It turns out the Sabrett "spicy sausage" packaging is almost identical to the regular hot dog packaging, lol.  Whoops!!

• @charlotte989875 i am sure  you guys will find a place in buffalo you love just as much, maybe even the current place. Do you think you will buy a place there?

DH gets home tomorrow night so I will get back to real life. Tonight is bourbon and Suits. :)
    We'll definitely buy here, but probably not until the spring. It's a complete sellers market here; homes are going for way more than asking, over priced for square footage/no updates, and sellers can pretty much run the negotiations. So we're waiting until we have enough cash to get what we want or hoping things slow down a bit in the winter/spring. My sister is looking right now and it's crazy. 

Enjoy the last night alone!

Happy Birthday@lyndausvi!

@kimmiinthemitten, good luck with the walk! I hope the weather is good! I'd love a 2 week window for selling that would be outstanding. Toledo is a lot more variable. One house on our street sold in a few weeks others have been up for months. We have a great agent so here's hoping it's the former and not the later. 
  • @holyguacamole79  not defending your sister, but could she be asking if you were still hoping to adopt if she knew that was the route you were looking at or if IVF was an option?
    Glad you were able to sleep. I have anxiety and depression and many times after a panic attack I just want sleep. Do you have an anxiety blanket? {weighted blanket} If not, look into it. Or any heavy blanket. It makes a difference that I didn't expect.

<3 do something easy and good to yourself today
  • @holyguacamole79 I always get exhausted after anxiety attacks. I'm glad you got some rest. I'm sorry your weekend was shitty.
  • HBD @lyndausvi!! 
    *********************************************************************************

• ((Hugs)) Guac. Family can be so draining and I am sorry your sister was so insensitive with the baby talk. Schedule something nice for yourself.

@kaos16 your party sounds great even if the beds weren't weeded. :)
  • @MissKittyDanger, I've told her before that I'm overwhelmed with my new teaching life and that one major life change at a time is enough.   Also, we're Catholic, so IVF / IUI isn't something we'd pursue.  I'm honestly not sure why she asked it, to be honest.  She knows where we are with things. 

Thanks,  @missJeanLouise & @DrillSergeantCat
  • @holyguacamole79  ahh I wasn't sure if that was an option or maybe she was wondering if there were other options without really asking. :\
  • @MissKittyDanger, it's especially frustrating because she also has depression and was in inpatient treatment for her eating disorder 8 years ago.  So, one would think that she'd be a bit more sensitive. 
  • @holyguacamole79  some people lack empathy but expect sympathy :(
  • It's monday and everyone needs a laugh. My coworker knows Spanish and her husband is Spanish, we started talking about "despacito" translation.

She told me about "La Cucaracha" translation.

Spanish:
    La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
    ya no puede caminar
    porque le falta, porque no tiene
    marihuana pa' fumar.

Ya murió la cucaracha
    ya la llevan a enterrar
    entre cuatro zopilotes
    y un ratón de sacristán.

English translation:
    The cockroach, the cockroach,
    can't walk anymore
    because it's lacking, because it doesn't have
    marijuana to smoke.

The cockroach just died
    now they take her to be buried
    among four buzzards
    and a mouse as the sexton.

I started crying with laughter when she told me, so obv I looked it up to find out whole song ....

Some humour on this Monday :D
  • (hugs) @holyguacamole79 I'm sorry the weekend wasn't you hoped it would be!  Good on you though for recognizing your need for time to rejuvenate.    I'd be exhausted and pissed too if I were you.
  • Thanks, @kimmiinthemitten  ... the silver lining was that I got to play with my nephew.  There were a few times where he reached up to hold my hand.  When I was walking with him (just the 2 of us), my husband walked over & my nephew ran up to him for a hug.  It's nice that he's starting to warm up to us (he's 2 and we see him 3-4 times a year).
  • @holyguacamole79, <<Hugs!>>, I'm so sorry your depression and anxiety took such a bad turn this weekend.  Take care of yourself!  I hope you start feeling better now that your family is gone.  That's really sweet your nephew is starting to warm up to you and your H.  It's definitely a ray of joy to see their love and warmth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, thanks.  Their departure helps a LOT.  I'm at a small cafe working on my teacher certification.  My aunt tells me that I have to just let myself "release the emotions" before I can fully move on.  I just started crying, so I may find another place to escape to so people don't start asking questions. 

I truly appreciate everyone's support.  It means so much to me.

• All the good vibes to you and BabyPants, @sparklepants41! You've got this! 
  • Hoping your cervix behaves, @sparklepants41 !  
  • You got this @sparklepants41 !! Love and good vibes to you, sparkle baby, and mr.pants.
  • @holyguacamole79 I'm sorry!! Hugs for you!!

Quick check-in here while I wrap up a few things before we head to the hospital in a few hours. I'm an absolute wreck. Although my doctor called me on her lunch break and calmed me down quite a bit. It sounds like the process could be super super lengthy depending on how cooperative my cervix wants to be. There's a potential that I may not be ready for pitocin until tomorrow evening, but fingers crossed it's a lot quicker than that!! The anticipation and the unknowns are really messing with me, which of course doesn't help my BP at all. Lol 

I really just want Babypants to be here so I can confirm she's healthy. 

It may maybe a while, so I'll try to check back in periodically. Love you guys!!! Thank you all for the well wishes and support! ❤️

I'll cross my fingers for a cooperative cervix!  For what it is worth, my coworker's wife went through a similar induction process.  They told them it could be a couple days.  But they checked into the hospital around 9PM.  She was ready for Pitocin around 2AM.  An adorable, healthy baby girl was born later that morning.  I hope you have similar good luck!  Sending out healthy vibes for your family. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    GOOD LUCK @sparklepants41!  I hope baby Sparkles cooperates and you're getting all the snuggles soon.  I'll be thinking of you. I hope labor is easy and fast.  

Also, I say this not to be alarmist...but since you've had BP issues, PLEASE do not hesitate to demand care/investigation if you feel off *at ALL* during labor, but especially after delivery.  Also, make sure Mr. Pants is aware to keep an eye on you too.  <3<3<3 
    So true. The excitement of the baby could mask something you/he need to be aware of so remember you are the patient too!
  • Thanks, @kimmiinthemitten  ... the silver lining was that I got to play with my nephew.  There were a few times where he reached up to hold my hand.  When I was walking with him (just the 2 of us), my husband walked over & my nephew ran up to him for a hug.  It's nice that he's starting to warm up to us (he's 2 and we see him 3-4 times a year).
    We're the same way with my sisters baby.  Facetime is huge for us in making sure she knows us.  Those moments are truly everything!