September 2017 Weddings

I can't sleep

JamieLynn98JamieLynn98 member
First Comment
edited July 2017 in September 2017 Weddings
So my wedding is in 52 days and I am having the WORST time sleeping. I get tired right? Then I lay down and my mind goes nuts... I think about everything from the guest list to logistics to I hope to God my dress still fits. 

I'd like to think I'm extremely organized and on track with my plans, but I really cannot fall asleep at a decent time. It's gotten to the point where I'm laying down and my heart is just racing. Heck last night I woke up crying.  :(

I don't know what's going on or how to settle my mind about planning. Any thoughts? 

Re: I can't sleep

• Assign out as many tasks as possible to people you trust. I make FH help with everything (mostly because I wanted to elope, and he wanted a wedding, so he has to help plan.) I also recruited my mom's help. She wasn't involved in the beginning stages because she was living on the other side of the country, but now that she lives closer (~2 hours away), I give her anything and everything that can be done from a far to her. For example, yesterday I found out the salon couldn't fit me for a styling the day-of, so I tasked my mom with calling other salons in town to find out who was free and how much it'd cost. The other thing I LOVE is a to-do list app called "ToDoist" It's free and available for Apple on on the web. It lets you create categories and put tasks in each. For example I have a category dedicated to payments I have to make so they pop up on my to-do list 2 days before their due so my vendors are paid on time. And if I don't get something done on the day I assign it, it moves to the top of my to-do list the next day. I also used it as reminders to follow up with vendors, lists of things I need to share with WP or FH. It also helps me make sure I'm not missing deadlines at work too. :blush: 
  • Yes, delegate, delegate, delegate!

Also. for your sleeplessness, find some things you like to do that has nothing to do with wedding planning that is relaxing to you. You sound a lot like me (when I was wedding planning), so I had to "schedule relax time' otherwise, it would never happen. For me it was:

1) Listening to classical and/or soothing music/or nature sounds at night (at bedtime),

2) Going on walks in nature during the day,

3) Reading the Bible and listening to the audio version of the Bible or another book 

4) Reading, listening or watching something funny, so I am forced to laugh more, lol.

5) Exercise!!! and last but not least,

6) Eat properly and drink LOTS of water (avoid stimulants and depressants that will just make you feel worse).

Those helped me; maybe one or a few can help you too.

~ K