Attire & Accessories Forum

My wedding band will be added to my engagement ring

So i see a lot of posts about soldering vs not but my wedding band will be built onto my engagement ring. I'm sure we'll have to have this done a month or so in advance.  Does this mean i can't wear it until the wedding!!!??

Re: My wedding band will be added to my engagement ring

• Unless you want to wear your wedding band before the wedding, yeah that's probably what it means. How long will it take to build the wedding ring? Are they not two separate rings, but kind of one being made "bigger"?

Most of the time when people get them soldered, they keep them separate until the ceremony and get them sent in after.
  • So i see a lot of posts about soldering vs not but my wedding band will be built onto my engagement ring. I'm sure we'll have to have this done a month or so in advance.  Does this mean i can't wear it until the wedding!!!??

There is nothing prohibiting you from wearing your wedding band prior to getting married. If you have to get it built before, you have a few options:

1) Wear nothing until the wedding.

2) Wear a different ring until the wedding.

3) Wear the set and just take off prior to the wedding.

4) Combination of the above.

5) Exchange a different ring and get the wedding band added to your ring after the wedding.