Canada-Ontario
Options

how much did you / are you spending on a DJ

Our DJ will play for the ceremony and reception (same place) and the one we like is asking $1600 and that just seemd like a lot.
how much are you paying? where are you? how long is your reception? (so I can compare)

Re: how much did you / are you spending on a DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    $600 - we are having a small wedding though.  I think he also has rates of $800 - $1000....this is for reception only though
  • Options
    eveningbrideeveningbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $500 but thats a deal becuase we work in the same factory, and I have hired him for our staff Holiday Parties.  I think ordinarily he's around 800 -1000 as well.
    We are in Alliston; the DJ is reception only, and its a later wedding/reception now (come to think about it, I wonder if I can get the price lowered even more now...  hmmm...) our reception will be from 9-12 pm
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was $650 + $100 for the lighting package, and he's a family friend.  It was for just the recpetion, but when we were going to be having the ceremony and recpetion in the same place, they were going to do the ceremony music too at no additional cost.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    penad5penad5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is $600 and he'll provide dinner music and then the dance - so from 6-1

We'll have about 80 people

He was the least expensive i could find (in Kitchener) most quoted about 800 - 1000
    TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap TBD
  • Options
    stepnerstepner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much this helps because I'm out in BC but Canadian nonetheless... I'm paying $1400 for my DJ and he will set up from 3:00 to be there when guests begin to arrive and stay until the end of the night. Our reception is at the same place as the ceremony as well and so he'll have music for the cocktail hour in between. It was the best price I could find for the quality we were looking for and seemed to be pretty comparable to the other DJ's in the area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_much-did-spending-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:43a70fbf-628e-44e9-b9b5-27b3ace3de8bPost:24cc11c9-5be7-4e3d-b01d-0b7758879e2a">Re: how much did you / are you spending on a DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is $600 and he'll provide dinner music and then the dance - so from 6-1 We'll have about 80 people He was the least expensive i could find (in Kitchener) most quoted about 800 - 1000
    Posted by penad5[/QUOTE]

** We also are paying about $700 for our DJ and ours is from Kitchener. The DJ is only for the reception and cocktail hour and I think plays from 6-1 as well. We are having about 100 people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got a deal on ours! Our wedding is in London, Ontario and were paying $600 for him to do both our ceremony and reception. So we have him from 3pm-1am...and hes throwing in karaoke as well for no charge =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow we must be getting a great deal.
    Our's is 500 and that includes ceremony music. Best part is we hired him through our hall and it is just all included in our final costs.
    The DJ is also doing our Stag and doe for 300.
    We live in the Niagara region.
    I did get quite a few quotes out of the Hamilton area and they were all 600-1000 but that was for both my wedding and stag and doe.
    We also have a guest list of 150..but no one ever asked how many people would be there??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI There,

We are going with the inhouse dj and he is charging us $1400 from 5:30pm till 1am...

We are getting 2 screens for pictures that come down from the ceiling...we are getting pin lighting, and haze for our first dance. 
  • Options
    awinslowawinslow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $500 which was a steal! I think he is still accepting clients for next year. He travels from Brantford to Toronto 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards