Registry and Gift Forum

Gift for shower

I am attending a friend's shower who is coming in from out of state to attend her shower. The couple have made a small registry but have made it clear on their website they would prefer people contribute to their honeyfund. I don't want to get her a gift off her registry for her shower that she will have to find a way to get it to her home. Would it be appropriate to get her a gift card for her shower then give the couple cash as a wedding gift?

Re: Gift for shower

• Yes, she is flying and I am not sure how long she will be in town. I thought of just shipping something to her home from the registry but don't want to show up at the shower empty handed technically speaking. I think I will just buy a gift from the registry and she will figure it out.
  • Yes, she is flying and I am not sure how long she will be in town. I thought of just shipping something to her home from the registry but don't want to show up at the shower empty handed technically speaking. I think I will just buy a gift from the registry and she will figure it out.
    I agree with @ILoveBeachMusic.  The bride accepted an OOT shower.  The point of a shower is to receive gifts.  The burden is on the bride to decide how best to get her gifts home.  There are several options, actually.

I have hosted a shower like this.  I purchased a crock pot for the bride and arranged for it to be delivered once she returned from the shower.  For the actual shower, I purchased a ladle and serving spoon.  The card made it clear that these utensils coordinated with the gift she would receive upon return home.  It still enabled me to not show up empty handed, and also allowed the bride an easy way to bring the gifts home with her.  I'm sure if you look at her registry, you would be able to do something similar with something from her list.
  • @MobKaz has a great idea! Could you get a few things that "go" together and give her the smaller items with a picture of the larger item you shipped to her home? Ugh, this is why I didn't want an OOT shower! (Props on you for asking, and for attending!)
  • So she accepted a shower where she's actually just asking for cash.....Eyeroll. 

The point of a shower is physical gifts. If she couldn't arrange to have the gifts sent home, she shouldn't have accepted a shower. 

I would buy her something from her registry and have it shipped to her house. I would print a picture of the thing and put it in a card. You could do something cute like @MobKaz did, too. Like buy her baking pans and then put recipes in her card, or something.
    *********************************************************************************

I agree with the idea of a picture in a card.  One of our friends bought us a tall wine bottle rack.  It would've been awkward to carry home, so she just had it shipped & gave me a card with a pic inside.