Wedding Woes

Wednesday?

What's up?  This introvert has maxed out on faking the extrovert.  I wanted to spend yesterday at the pool not talking to anyone but my bestie.  No exaggeration I saw 20 people who wanted to chat.  People I've never seen there before were there.

I thought it was over and found out Max had soccer practice.  Blergh more people I don't know and nobody wanted to leave me alone even though I had a book.

Two kids are on the bus though! 

Re: Wednesday?

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh- I got an instant pot the other day and tried the first thing last night.  I'm not convinced the chicken was any better than baking it and it wasn't really much faster.  I'm not convince, but need more recipes to try.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You guys- my drama llama SIL was in a car accident.  She's all "my truck saved my life, my daughter's, and my granddaughter's." "Thank God for built Ford tough!"  "I'm on crutches, but will get better eventually."

I just saw pictures and it's a fender bender.  It's going to be expensive, but it's definitely not an "OMGBBQ I ALMOST DIIIIIIIIEEEEEDDD"
  • I had a dentist appt this morning.  :-/  I will say that I like the hygienist that I switched to better than my old one.   I have to get some cavities filled (one new one and two where the fillings are failing).  Womp, womp.  More time in the chair.  

The staggered waking up schedule in our house is messing with me.  I never really go back to sleep after DH and the kiddo wake up and leave.  I also think I've been really stressed out about a lot of things, which hasn't been helping.  I need some de-stressing...but IDK when that will happen.  

At least it's Wednesday? 

• @6fsn  It's exhausting trying to be more extroverted. :(
    I've heard about instant pot. Apparently it's good, so hopefully you'll have better luck!

Whole lot of not much last night. My passport came in finally :)
    It was crap weather, so we picked up dinner instead of cooking. Horrible habit, but only option for dinner was BBQ and M didn't wanna be out there.
    "Are you made of sugar? You can bbq, we have a huge umbrella"
    "Yes I am made of sugar"
    "Hypothetical question. You're made of salt."

We watch this youtuber that M loves, but I prefer his vlog channel "Off the Ranch"
    Reminds me a lot of M in good ways. :)
    Watched youtube vids. Did a few things.
    Made sure we had time for 'us' because this is the week to TTC ;) so bcbc has been happening more often lol

A bit of TMI possibly ....
    It's weird to be more aware of what's happening with my body. After awhile on b.c, my body still goes through stuff like before but it's more heightened. Like I knew my body went through typical ovulation, but now I'm more aware of when it's happening. I don't wanna say I can feel the difference, but basically I can.
    I do rough calculations from sites to give us the best chance, but also makes me more knowing of when changes are happening.

It's weird lol

Tonight I'm probably vacuuming and M might be finishing up some work bench stuff.
    I think I'm gonna do some meditation. I've been tired lately so maybe that will help.
  • SO and I are trying to drop off one of the feral cats we trapped to get fixed at the low cost spay/neuter clinic nearby. It's a mess in here. And there are two really annoying kids who are just so poorly disciplined. They keep undoing the latches to the cages and are all over the place. 

I have to get a physical for school today, and then I have work this afternoon. Yesterday my manager tried to pull some shenanigans and called me to tell me she did me a "favor" and that she hoped I would do her a "favor." She had approved my days off for Labor Day weekend three weeks ago. Yesterday she called me and told me she needed me to work that Monday, but she did me a favor by canceling the Friday I wanted. Um, that's not a favor. I've booked our trip. We have the hotel. I told her no. 

• @6fsn you deserve a day all to yourself!  I'm glad your IL's are okay, but yeah, that's eye roll worthy!

Today I'm WFH, finishing up a couple huge bids.  Pup is still recovering being spayed so we're supposed to try and prevent running and jumping, which means she's getting stir crazy.  I went to take her out and instead was drug around the neighborhood, braless.  Hi neighbors!  Thankfully we didn't have her last summer ha!

I have my cousins wedding Friday, and I bought a cute dress for it when I was in Chicago, but my tattoo will show (not the problem) and it's in the ugly peeling stage of healing (problem).  I don't really want to find a new dress so I guess I have to hit the closet and see what I actually own and like or hope the peeling is done in the next 24 hours.  Ugh.
  • @levioosa that's annoying...and manipulative.  I say Hell to the no!

@mrsconn23 Can you take a mental health day from work?

@MissKittyDanger I had a couple months where I skipped BC for various reasons and I felt the same way.  I don't need to be that in tune with my ovaries.
  • @kimmiinthemitten  It's weird! I was on low dose, so that's why I still went through the process and my dr said because of that I shouldn't have an issues TTC {that she's seen} It makes me wonder how it'll be when pregnant lol

How was puppers after surgery?
  • @MissKittyDanger , I remember when I first learned how to chart / track my cycles, I was super aware (and sometimes maybe paranoid) about each change in my body.  It's kind of cool the more you figure it out.  

I'm going out for HH tonight with my college roommate to celebrate my birthday tomorrow - super excited!  Otherwise, just waiting for the week to be over so I can relax my feet!  I forgot how tiring it is to lecture standing up all day!
  • @kimmiinthemitten I've heard from multiple coworkers that she micromanages and is manipulative, but this is the first time it's been directed towards me. It's super annoying though. 

@MissKittyDanger when I'm not on BCP I can tell everything that's happening with my cycle. You'll get used to it. 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    @6fsn, hope you still had a fun day at the pool! Glad SIL is OK 
    @mrsconn23, I moved my dental appt and I fear that I'll need a cavity once I go.  Just a hunch :)
    @misskittydanger,  I hate grilling out in the rain too.  Would have done the same!
    @levioosa, yeah I DON'T see how that is a favor?  Glad you stood your ground!

This morning I took a shower, but forgot to wash my hair. I do this from time to time in my old age.  So now I get to walk around as a grease ball (which is what happens when forget to use shampoo).  I had a doc appt this morning, which was just a consult and one after work.  The next few weeks are FILLED with doctor appointments.   So much hoop jumping for clearance.  The day after labor day I cannot eat anything in the morning but black coffee and soup broth.  My procedure is at 4!  I tried to work it where I'm taking very minimal time off of work so I can save time off for surgery (and still make my Salem trip).

I was looking at cruises yesterday and found a perfect one for my friend and I for Thanksgiving of next year (minimal time off is needed), but she can't afford it.  I'm bummed.  I wanted a girls getaway cruise!

• Good morning!

I've been productive this morning.  I walked 2 miles.  Went to the store for some eggs and then whipped up a large crockpot of meatballs.   I can't wait to get off of work and have them.

Today I switched my shift with a co-worker. I really didn't want to do the switch, but couldn't come up with a good enough reason why I couldn't switch.  She wanted to switch so she could do a babysitting gig.   It's not even a big deal, other than I have to work later (nine-wine-dine. which is 30-50 people drinking wine, playing nine holes then dining after).    I don't know why I'm digging my feet on this?  It's so weird how much I don't want to work later.  It's not even hard work.  Just drive around serving wine.    

Oh well.    Hope all is well with everyone.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

• @mrsconn23 Can you take a mental health day from work?

Work isn't that bad right now, actually. And since I WFH, I feel silly when I take time off for 'nothing'.    Also, I'm off next Weds due to working Saturday.  

DH's job situation is stressful and will remain so until he finds a new one. Pretty much everything around here is falling to me (housework, home work, etc) during the week.  DH gets home every day and asks why DefConn and I aren't outside.  Um, because there were dishes, laundry, and homework to do?

DH is taking the kids to FIL's Friday night.  So maybe I can decompress a little bit.  
  • @holyguacamole79  It's interesting because I'm so new to this, I'm googling so much :') 
    Also, happy early bday!
  • @CharmedPam  It didn't even really rain much, so I mocked M after ;)
    Next time you forget to wash your hair, get some dry shampoo or if you don't wanna get that, baby powder helps. Couple sprinkles on the roots, wait a couple mins and rub your scalp. Also good to sprinkle some on your brush so it'll get through your hair also.
    Next time you forget to wash your hair, get some dry shampoo or if you don't wanna get that, baby powder helps. Couple sprinkles on the roots, wait a couple mins and rub your scalp. Also good to sprinkle some on your brush so it'll get through your hair also.
    I need to leave it at my desk. lol.  I usually notice/remember when I'm at work and run my hands through my stringy greasy locks.

I need to leave it at my desk. lol.  I usually notice/remember when I'm at work and run my hands through my stringy greasy locks.
    Put it in your purse, that way you're always with it :) travel sized dry shampoos are great. Batiste is best for price.
  • So H is an introvert and can be especially awkward when dealing with emotional people.  But he's also a HS teacher and MS coach, and so every August he has a crying 7th grader.  

I know he's better in those situations when in his coach/teacher role, but I still picture this interaction every time he has a crying kid story.

• 6fsn said:
    You guys- my drama llama SIL was in a car accident.  She's all "my truck saved my life, my daughter's, and my granddaughter's." "Thank God for built Ford tough!"  "I'm on crutches, but will get better eventually."

I just saw pictures and it's a fender bender.  It's going to be expensive, but it's definitely not an "OMGBBQ I ALMOST DIIIIIIIIEEEEEDDD"

I'm glad your SIL is okay.  Sounds like she was a bit drama llama, but I feel her.  I'm a fan of Detroit engineering, at its finest.  I was in a terrible car accident a few years ago, though was okay overall.  Head-on for me, but hitting the side of another car, at 35-40MPH.  That car and the air bag either saved my life or at least kept me from major injuries.  We went to where the car had been towed to (it was totaled) so I could collect my belongings.  The entire front of the car was totally smushed and smashed in.  Which is exactly what it is supposed to do, to absorb the energy of the accident.  I don't think my H knew I was watching him, but he petted the car and thanked it for keeping me safe, lol.  It was really sweet.

My "funniest" injury from that was from the air bag.  My entire upper chest and tops of my boobs were a big yellowish bruise from being punched by that thing.  But air bags are amazeballs.  In a split second I was cushioned from being rocked forward.

@mrsconn23, good luck at your next dentist appt., I always hate bad news from the dentist.  But I always have bad news, because my gums are a mess.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm cracking up that M's response was, "Yes, I am made of sugar."

@levioosa, the favor that is not one.  Lame.  Hopefully she will keep her micromanaging and manipulations to a minimum.

@holyguacamole79, happy early birthday!  Have fun at HH tonight.

This morning was super stressful at work.  My timesheet was due yesterday.  Except my timesheet shortcut no longer worked, when they changed my computer.  And everything I'd previously entered was apparently saved to my local, now gone, machine.  The main printer next to me was down.  Since I missed the cut-off, I had to bring the timesheet personally to accounting in another building.  I spent an hour yesterday and about two hours today JUST trying to get my timesheet done and turned in.  I finally said STOP and took a break to calm down and eat something before I started tearing my hair out.

Okay! Finally starting to feel calmer.  The rest of the day should be a lot of boring.  I don't know what is afoot, but I've been scanning huge job books that are 10+ years old, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

•  I'm a fan of Detroit engineering, at its finest. 

Preach sister!

• Just had some delicious leftover kielbasa and potatoes au gratin that DH made last night.  Reminded me that I have to start coming up with lunch ideas for our son to take to daycare.  He starts tomorrow.  I am going to be a basketcase when I take him!  He's over a year and a half old at this point, and I know its great for his socialization.  It's also only 2 days per week, he is with family the other days, but I get blubbery with any life changes for him.  I'm a mess.  Any lunch ideas to go would be totally appreciated.  It's a nut-free school.
  • kaos16 - you need to bring a lunch for your son at daycare?  Isn't feeding him part of the cost?
  • Thanks, @short+sassy!  
    @MissKittyDanger , I'm (obviously) not a medical professional, but I'm happy to try to answer any questions.   I also suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility
  • @misskittydanger I was just going to suggest Taking Charge of your Fertility but @holyguacamole79 beat me to it
  • @holyguacamole79  and @kvruns  thanks both :) I've been trying to find a reliable source to figure things out without running to my dr :')

@short+sassy  He thinks he sweet :')
  • MNNEBride said:
    kaos16 - you need to bring a lunch for your son at daycare?  Isn't feeding him part of the cost?
    I don't know of a daycare that has all food included in the cost.   I drop off my kids and supply diapers and wipes for the one who still poops his pants.   I also make breakfast and lunch plus snacks for both kids.    

DD in the camp program does get snack every day as part of the tuition and it's one less thing I will need to worry about for DS but the full meals are definitely not part of the deal.   When I calculate how much I spend per hour for them to take care of him, I realize I'm getting a great deal even if it's nearly $15,000 for both kids.

@kaos16, could your kiddo go w/ sun butter?    Cheese sandwiches?   I rarely change it up and often go w/ hummus, bananas, applesauce, cheerios, goldfish, milk and water.   
  • @banana468 mine provides all of their food. Right now he is under 1 and I bring in mostly BM but they actually supply formula if you are ok with the Walmart version of Enfamil and Similac. They give him baby cereal with fruit or veggie mixed in. Once he is 1 and eating normal food they feed breakfast, lunch, and 2 snacks. I'm not 100% sure if the 1-2 y/o get all of the same things as the older kids. I've actually never heard of one where you have to supply meals for non babies, to my knowledge all of the ones around here, even home settings, provide food/drinks (the formula being included is not standard though)
  • banana468 said:
    MNNEBride said:
    kaos16 - you need to bring a lunch for your son at daycare?  Isn't feeding him part of the cost?
    I don't know of a daycare that has all food included in the cost.   I drop off my kids and supply diapers and wipes for the one who still poops his pants.   I also make breakfast and lunch plus snacks for both kids.    

DD in the camp program does get snack every day as part of the tuition and it's one less thing I will need to worry about for DS but the full meals are definitely not part of the deal.   When I calculate how much I spend per hour for them to take care of him, I realize I'm getting a great deal even if it's nearly $15,000 for both kids.

@kaos16, could your kiddo go w/ sun butter?    Cheese sandwiches?   I rarely change it up and often go w/ hummus, bananas, applesauce, cheerios, goldfish, milk and water.   

Around here it seems like a pretty even split between locations that provide lunch and those that don't.  This one provides snacks.  I have to send his lunch, diapers, wipes, sheet for his cot and blanket. 

Tomorrow he is going to have leftover baked ziti with meatballs and some watermelon.  He eats leftovers for lunch a lot at home, I assume that'll work at daycare too.  I'll try sun butter at home to see what he thinks of it before I send it, just in case he is not a fan.

I think he is going to really enjoy playing with the other kids.  He's going to have a blast.

• edited August 2017
    @kaos16 I'm not a parent, so I can't understand but empathize.  My sis was a wreck when she had put the nugget in daycare (after 16 weeks).  Some days are better than others, but I can see a huge difference between her and other kids her age who aren't in daycare (I know, not all kids).  For the most part, she loves it.  She's even "playing soccer" on Thursdays.