Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What to wear to a couples' BBQ bridal shower

Hi all!

I know I am overthinking, but I'm looking for some attire advice. My FMIL/FSIL are throwing a couples' BBQ bridal shower and I have no idea what to wear as the bride. I want to be comfortable but also want to stand out - cause ya know, I'm the bride! ;)

It's in the evening, so it could get chilly. Would it be okay to wear a nice pair of skinny jeans with Sperrys and layer a nice top and a sweater? I totally get that I'm overthinking, but I want to look nice in pictures.

Thank you, in advance!

Re: What to wear to a couples' BBQ bridal shower

• Options
    I usually see brides in dresses at showers, so that look sounds a bit casual to me, but if you like it go for it. 
  • Options
    Even a BBQ bridal shower I might think is a little dressier, as a guest, depending on what the event invitation looks like. I probably wouldn't wear jeans as a guest, unless it was directly conveyed that it was very casual. But I tend to prefer to be over-dressed and not under-dressed.

As the guest of honor, you would typically be a little more dressed up than your guests. Your outfit sounds really cute, but if your guests are wearing sundresses, and men button-down shirts, you won't feel like you stand out as the bride!
  • Options
    I would wear a summer/sun dress. I personally think jeans are too casual. 
  • Options
    Wear whatever you want to have in said pictures. If you want to wear what you described, looking nice and feeling comfortable, go for it. If you want to wear a cute dress, go for it. No one's going to judge you for being a bit more dressed up than one would normally see at a BBQ, nor will they feel underdressed if they're less dressed up than you are.
  • Options
    I would wear a sun dress and bring a light sweater for the evening. 
    *********************************************************************************