Attire & Accessories Forum

What to wear to a couples' BBQ bridal shower

Hi all!

I know I am overthinking, but I'm looking for some attire advice. My FMIL/FSIL are throwing a couples' BBQ bridal shower and I have no idea what to wear as the bride. I want to be comfortable but also want to stand out - cause ya know, I'm the bride! ;)

It's in the evening, so it could get chilly. Would it be okay to wear a nice pair of skinny jeans with Sperrys and layer a nice top and a sweater? I totally get that I'm overthinking, but I want to look nice in pictures.

Thank you, in advance!

Re: What to wear to a couples' BBQ bridal shower

• I usually see brides in dresses at showers, so that look sounds a bit casual to me, but if you like it go for it. 
  • Even a BBQ bridal shower I might think is a little dressier, as a guest, depending on what the event invitation looks like. I probably wouldn't wear jeans as a guest, unless it was directly conveyed that it was very casual. But I tend to prefer to be over-dressed and not under-dressed.

As the guest of honor, you would typically be a little more dressed up than your guests. Your outfit sounds really cute, but if your guests are wearing sundresses, and men button-down shirts, you won't feel like you stand out as the bride!
  • I would wear a summer/sun dress. I personally think jeans are too casual. 
  • Wear whatever you want to have in said pictures. If you want to wear what you described, looking nice and feeling comfortable, go for it. If you want to wear a cute dress, go for it. No one's going to judge you for being a bit more dressed up than one would normally see at a BBQ, nor will they feel underdressed if they're less dressed up than you are.
  • I would wear a sun dress and bring a light sweater for the evening. 
    *********************************************************************************