Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday!

I have air conditioning! It's raining and cooled off! I went to bed at 9:30 last night! 

Other than that...SSDD.  ;) 

Re: Tuesday!

• Options
    @mrsconn23  yay AC fixed!!!

It's absolutely torrential right now! It started raining when I got off the bus, but now it's dark and stormy.

I'm completely dragging ass lately. So exhausted and I went to bed early!
    Not much last night. M sliced his foot on the drill because he wasn't looking where he was going and it's in the middle of the floor.

He had to change the gauze couple times, because of where it is. It stopped bleeding once he stopped doing stuff.

Found out one of M's friends is expecting baby #3 :) They've been trying since February and she's now 5 weeks, so they're excited.
    Her current youngest keeps blabbing about it and calls it her baby. lmao!

SSDD at work.
    Might have to help M lift stuff tonight, but really hoping I don't have to because I'm just so tired.

Is it end of day yet?
  • Options
    I am tired like a big dog. I painted my office at work. It was a ugly mustard yellow that the old counselor painted. I also had to stay late for student enrolling until 7:00pm. I'm just here.
  • Options

@MissKittyDanger, my husband is forever leaving stuff in random places. . . . I think I drive him bonkers because I put everything away immediately and am teaching our son to do the same.  To him, if he might need to use it again in 2 hours it can stay in the middle of the table (for example).  I'd rather put it away and take it back out! Hope M feels better soon though, that's an aggravating place for an injury!

I'm at work for half a day today, my parents watch my son on Tuesdays and they have my dad's retirement meeting this afternoon so I need to get him early.  DH wants to take him for his first haircut. . . . I'm going to cry!

Tonight I am doing a live show on facebook with a good friend.  She sells Lularoe.  I don't have a ton of friends who are into it, but I told her I'd host an online party for her.  I feel this strong desire to support her business as much as possible.  I think it's because she is using the extra money she makes to help cover the costs associated with having a son that has significant medical issues.  I imagine that must be tough.  If any of you ladies like Lularoe, or just want to see me make a fool of myself I can add you to the group, lol.  I do have a good time doing the shows though.  When she was visiting her brother about 2 months ago I did her weekly show by myself.  I had a blast!

• Options
    @CharmedPam  yeh we're pretty excited for them :)

@kaos16  M is the same. Then gets mad if I move something cuz he "can't find it" - uhm dude, check where it should be lol
    I'm hoping this slice will teach him too ;)
  • Options
    @CharmedPam  yeh we're pretty excited for them :)

@kaos16  M is the same. Then gets mad if I move something cuz he "can't find it" - uhm dude, check where it should be lol
    I'm hoping this slice will teach him too ;)

The amount of times I say "if you always put something in it's proper place you'll never lose it" a day is absurd.  Usually it's when he's looking for his keys for the 8th time of the day.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  yay AC fixed!!!

It's absolutely torrential right now! It started raining when I got off the bus, but now it's dark and stormy.

I'm completely dragging ass lately. So exhausted and I went to bed early!
    Not much last night. M sliced his foot on the drill because he wasn't looking where he was going and it's in the middle of the floor.

He had to change the gauze couple times, because of where it is. It stopped bleeding once he stopped doing stuff.

Found out one of M's friends is expecting baby #3 :) They've been trying since February and she's now 5 weeks, so they're excited.
    Her current youngest keeps blabbing about it and calls it her baby. lmao!

SSDD at work.
    Might have to help M lift stuff tonight, but really hoping I don't have to because I'm just so tired.

Is it end of day yet?

Me too!  It's very unfair when I behave like an adult.  Go to bed early.  Get a good night's sleep.  But still wake up so tired I can barely get out of bed.  Boo!

Sorry to hear about M.  Hope he heals up quick.  It took me a sec to reread that sentence.  I initially read it that his foot was in the middle of the floor...not that the drill was in the middle of the floor.  MUCH better with it being the drill, lol!

My last day before vacation.  Squeee!  I'm glad I have a good bit of work to take care of.  Otherwise I'd be going stir crazy.  I'm sure I'll still be going stir crazy, lol.

Quick question to the Chicagoans out there or those familiar with Chicago.

Lou Malnati's for deep dish pizza.  Good, good?  Or just "tourist" good?

I was reading a listicle that mentioned iconic places to eat in the U.S. and they mentioned Lou Malnati's in Chicago.  They also mentioned the hot dog place Portillo's, which I know some of you have already recommended. 

Two of the other places on their list I was familiar with.  One of them truly iconic, the other I've heard is only "tourist good".  Café Du Monde in NOLA, not my cup of tea, but deserves the "iconic" title.  Union Oyster House in Boston.  I had online friends specifically mention to NOT go there for my trip last Sept.  That the food was fine, but overpriced and the place was always crowded with tourists.  The advice was I could get the same thing, as good or better, for less money and hassle. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for AC! 

@atomicblonde  that wedding sounds like it might be a shit show. I would have been tempted to refuse the invitation from the post office. Lol. 

Yesterday I moved stuff in the den and you would have thought I threw away a prized possession instead. SO was all upset about it. Dude, I just moved the pile of boxes (from moving in A YEAR AGO, I might add) from the center of the room, to the edges of the room so it looks less cluttered. It's been giving me anxiety. And now we can actually get to the closet. Major eye roll from me. 

Nothing special about the eclipse here. I think we had 60% totality? 

The kitties cuddled me all night long. Jack didn't even try to play, which was nice. His MO has been to wait until we're asleep, and then to start biting and trying to play. It's not fun. I woke up this morning all disoriented, and I started getting ready for work at the main location before I realized it's a classroom day instead. And then I had to
    actually think about my outfit instead of throwing on scrubs. I'm preparing for the hour drive. I'm so spoiled now. I'm not used to it any more. It should be a 20 minute drive. Boo LA traffic. 

• Options

Last night was good.  Got home and H had dinner ready!  It was beef cubes with gravy and mashed potatoes.  H's favorite growing up.  I do the beef cubes in the crock pot so they melt in your mouth.

Afterwards, I dropped my niece off at softball practice and ran over to LL Bean to return a purse.  I brought DD with me so H had some quiet time at the house because I've been ditching him and DD more often than usual lately!  She was in love with looking at everything!  We walked around to a few different stores, but eventually started back to the car.  She cried off and on, during the ride home.  But it was past her bedtime, so understandable.  As soon as we got home, she drank her last bottle and off to bed she went.  She slept until 7, when our alarm went off.  I love that DD sleeps so well!

MIL is watching her today, but has an afternoon doctor's appointment.  So I will head home at 2 PM and try to finish out the day working from home.  We will see if DD cooperates.  Tonight its off for dinner to a delicious Italian place nearby with a groupon.  I've also been added to a friend's fantasy football league, so I need to set my list of draftees at some point.

MrsConn - Yay for A/C!

NOLA - Mustard Yellow?  I don't blame you for repainting!

Atomic - I would have sent the invite back.  I imagine she is getting lots of them back!

• Options
    @short+sassy  M has a really good healing time, so I'm sure he'll be fine :) I gave him shit though - he was walking around with a bleeding foot in the garage where it's super dirty! I shoved him upstairs to get the bleeding under control, washed and covered. *sigh* Men ... lol

{side note: I wouldn't be joking if he needed stitches. Since he doesn't, I mock him :) }
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017

Me too!  It's very unfair when I behave like an adult.  Go to bed early.  Get a good night's sleep.  But still wake up so tired I can barely get out of bed.  Boo!

Sorry to hear about M.  Hope he heals up quick.  It took me a sec to reread that sentence.  I initially read it that his foot was in the middle of the floor...not that the drill was in the middle of the floor.  MUCH better with it being the drill, lol!

My last day before vacation.  Squeee!  I'm glad I have a good bit of work to take care of.  Otherwise I'd be going stir crazy.  I'm sure I'll still be going stir crazy, lol.

Quick question to the Chicagoans out there or those familiar with Chicago.

Lou Malnati's for deep dish pizza.  Good, good?  Or just "tourist" good?

I was reading a listicle that mentioned iconic places to eat in the U.S. and they mentioned Lou Malnati's in Chicago.  They also mentioned the hot dog place Portillo's, which I know some of you have already recommended. 

Two of the other places on their list I was familiar with.  One of them truly iconic, the other I've heard is only "tourist good".  Café Du Monde in NOLA, not my cup of tea, but deserves the "iconic" title.  Union Oyster House in Boston.  I had online friends specifically mention to NOT go there for my trip last Sept.  That the food was fine, but overpriced and the place was always crowded with tourists.  The advice was I could get the same thing, as good or better, for less money and hassle. 

local people and tourists love Lou Malnati's for some reason.  It's not my cup of tea, and costs the same as their competition.  My recommendations In order:

Giordano's 
    Ginos East
    and while I've never been I heard great reviews about Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Co.

• Options
    I've never had Lou Malnati's.  I was born in the 'burbs.  Growing up Connie's Pizza was our go-to, Girodano's was second.  I also like Gino's East.  

If you want a non-pizza option, you can never go wrong with Portillo's.  We're getting one here next month, FINALLY!  We probably won't go for awhile, but I'm excited that we're getting some Chicago options here in Indy (Girodano's opened a location a couple years ago). 
  • Options
    I hit my wall this morning.  Most of the clothes are hung up, but I still have laundry mountain to conquer.  I'm still behind on catching up statements for Pride.  Work is very stressful right now, b/c we're trying to meet a deadline for filing a load of lawsuits.  K has started back to school and is trying to balance a horrible schedule that basically means we see each other in bed and that's about it.  And I've stripped my savings dealing with new car and bedbugs (to be fair, so has K), so I'm stressed about monies, even though I'm mostly okay.  I just need to come home to a magically put together apartment and a smaller caseload at work.  Neither is going to happen, so I'm sitting in my pity pot today.  I'll get off of it tomorrow....maybe.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I've never had Lou Malnati's.  I was born in the 'burbs.  Growing up Connie's Pizza was our go-to, Girodano's was second.  I also like Gino's East.  

If you want a non-pizza option, you can never go wrong with Portillo's.  We're getting one here next month, FINALLY!  We probably won't go for awhile, but I'm excited that we're getting some Chicago options here in Indy (Girodano's opened a location a couple years ago). 

From reading Yelp reviews, their Italian beef sandwiches were praised even more than the hot dogs.  I discovered giardineria in Boston last year and am looking forward to more sandwiches with it, lol.

Where has that stuff been all my life?  I've never lived anywhere that serves it, though I can buy it in jars at the grocery store.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

From reading Yelp reviews, their Italian beef sandwiches were praised even more than the hot dogs.  I discovered giardineria in Boston last year and am looking forward to more sandwiches with it, lol.

Where has that stuff been all my life?  I've never lived anywhere that serves it, though I can buy it in jars at the grocery store.

actually, I'm in love with their hamburgers.  Good fast food burgers!  And soup.  And omg the chocolate cake.  We order from portillo's like once a month at work and it's always a crowd pleaser.

• Options
    levioosa said:
    Yay for AC! 

@atomicblonde  that wedding sounds like it might be a shit show. I would have been tempted to refuse the invitation from the post office. Lol. 

Yesterday I moved stuff in the den and you would have thought I threw away a prized possession instead. SO was all upset about it. Dude, I just moved the pile of boxes (from moving in A YEAR AGO, I might add) from the center of the room, to the edges of the room so it looks less cluttered. It's been giving me anxiety. And now we can actually get to the closet. Major eye roll from me. 

Nothing special about the eclipse here. I think we had 60% totality? 

The kitties cuddled me all night long. Jack didn't even try to play, which was nice. His MO has been to wait until we're asleep, and then to start biting and trying to play. It's not fun. I woke up this morning all disoriented, and I started getting ready for work at the main location before I realized it's a classroom day instead. And then I had to
    actually think about my outfit instead of throwing on scrubs. I'm preparing for the hour drive. I'm so spoiled now. I'm not used to it any more. It should be a 20 minute drive. Boo LA traffic. 
    I've done this and received the same reaction!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

DD's best friend had Lou Malnati's at her wedding a few years ago. I loved it. I don't like Girodano's even though we have one  now. I like Pequad's (I think I spelled that right). Have only been there once but would love to go back sometime.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017

I see @sparklepants41 sneaking around with "Love Its".  We've missed you!  I hope you and babypants have been doing well.

I miss @DrillSergeantCat also.  She got a new job and abandoned us, lol, (sniff, sniff).

Yes, and i was also thinking of @shessocold the other day too (since football season is here lol). Awesome to have a job to keep you busy....unless you're not busy but can't surf the internet.  I had a job as a front desk receptionist once where I couldn't surf.  I lasted 2 weeks.  I didn't quit, they let me go.  I used the internet.  LOL.

in other news:  Anyone buying that $700M lotto ticket tonight?  I'm already dreaming of my never ending cruises....

• Options

I see @sparklepants41 sneaking around with "Love Its".  We've missed you!  I hope you and babypants have been doing well.

I miss @DrillSergeantCat also.  She got a new job and abandoned us, lol, (sniff, sniff).

Yes, and i was also thinking of @shessocold the other day too (since football season is here lol). Awesome to have a job to keep you busy....unless you're not busy but can't surf the internet.  I had a job as a front desk receptionist once where I couldn't surf.  I lasted 2 weeks.  I didn't quit, they let me go.  I used the internet.  LOL.

in other news:  Anyone buying that $700M lotto ticket tonight?  I'm already dreaming of my never ending cruises....
    I miss those 3 also :(
  • Options

And @thefanciestbeckler, I miss her too. 
  • Options
    Work meetings and I'm not feeling well. Like at all. Headache, upset stomach, nauseous, and exhausted. I left half an hour early yesterday and I'll probably do the same tonight. I know it's bad when I'm not starving by 10am; I still haven't touched my lunch. 
  • Options
  • Options

let's just make a list calling out the ladies that need to come back :) 
  • Options

Yeah, me too.  She was another one who left us for a more productive work environment, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Not me, but I can understand the urge.  The, "what would it be like to have more money than I could spend in many lifetimes?"

I'm pretty sure there are cruise ships out there where people own the cabins.  Like condos.  The one I read about just constantly circles around the world.  There are tons of ports they stop at.  That would be the life! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @atomicblonde, you must update us on that wedding afterwards!

FW always buys lottery tickets when the jackpots get big. I've explained to her that the bigger the pot is, the lower the odds of winning are, because more people buy tickets. She counters by saying that the odds of winning are zero if you don't play. She does have a point.

Work is going okay. Most days I'm steady till about 3:00-3:30, then it's back to scanning old case files.

FW is finally getting her cracked tooth fixed today. If she's anything like me, that means she'll hit the pillow as soon as she gets home and sleep till tomorrow morning. Dental anesthesia really knocks me out for some reason. 

Tonight I'm going to my representative's town hall. If time permits, I might take Mutt to the dog park first.

ETA:  Okay, I just saw that rain is predicted for the rest of the day, so the dog park is out.
  • Options
    We've always joked/chatted about what we'd do if we won.

Other than pay a bunch of things, I would wanna stay in our place, but we'd have all the things we want done. Maybe pay a bit extra for something fancier. {inexpensive flooring we like vs pricier flooring we like better}
    Or instead of us painting our place, we'd have painters do it.

Also the trips we would take. I'm not much one for having wanderlust, but I'd love to be able to just take my mum on a surprise trip to Paris. She'd love it and Paris is always a good idea.

Definitely invest some of the money. You can basically live off the interest in some types of investments.
  • Options
    @atomicblonde, you must update us on that wedding afterwards!

FW always buys lottery tickets when the jackpots get big. I've explained to her that the bigger the pot is, the lower the odds of winning are, because more people buy tickets. She counters by saying that the odds of winning are zero if you don't play. She does have a point.

Work is going okay. Most days I'm steady till about 3:00-3:30, then it's back to scanning old case files.

FW is finally getting her cracked tooth fixed today. If she's anything like me, that means she'll hit the pillow as soon as she gets home and sleep till tomorrow morning. Dental anesthesia really knocks me out for some reason. 

Tonight I'm going to my representative's town hall. If time permits, I might take Mutt to the dog park first.

But the odds are only every so slightly better if you do play, lol.  Seriously though, I'd be happy to share a pot like that with a few people.

There was a funny lottery story in NY a number of years ago.  I think it was for their state lotto.  There was one week where dozens of people picked 5/6 numbers.  Usually only 1-2 did.  As I'm sure you can all imagine, this prompted an investigation.

When they interviewed the winners, they all had the same story.  They had used numbers they had gotten in a fortune cookie.

I can't promise that isn't an urban legend, but I'd swear I remember reading about it at the time it happened and have come across that story other places since.

Wedding Countdown Ticker