Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday!

2»

Re: Tuesday!

• Options
    @atomicblonde, you must update us on that wedding afterwards!

FW always buys lottery tickets when the jackpots get big. I've explained to her that the bigger the pot is, the lower the odds of winning are, because more people buy tickets. She counters by saying that the odds of winning are zero if you don't play. She does have a point.

Work is going okay. Most days I'm steady till about 3:00-3:30, then it's back to scanning old case files.

FW is finally getting her cracked tooth fixed today. If she's anything like me, that means she'll hit the pillow as soon as she gets home and sleep till tomorrow morning. Dental anesthesia really knocks me out for some reason. 

Tonight I'm going to my representative's town hall. If time permits, I might take Mutt to the dog park first.

ETA:  Okay, I just saw that rain is predicted for the rest of the day, so the dog park is out.
    the hunger games elizabeth banks effie trinket 74 hunger games hunger games 2012 GIF
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    We still give our dad gtief because when we were little, my mom let my brother pick out lotto numbers. My dad didn't like the numbers my brother chose (he said they were too close together) and he changed them. Guess whose numbers were a spot on match? 
    Karma lol
    That would have been crushing though!
  • Options

I see @sparklepants41 sneaking around with "Love Its".  We've missed you!  I hope you and babypants have been doing well.

I miss @DrillSergeantCat also.  She got a new job and abandoned us, lol, (sniff, sniff).

Yes, and i was also thinking of @shessocold the other day too (since football season is here lol). Awesome to have a job to keep you busy....unless you're not busy but can't surf the internet.  I had a job as a front desk receptionist once where I couldn't surf.  I lasted 2 weeks.  I didn't quit, they let me go.  I used the internet.  LOL.

in other news:  Anyone buying that $700M lotto ticket tonight?  I'm already dreaming of my never ending cruises....

Not me, but I can understand the urge.  The, "what would it be like to have more money than I could spend in many lifetimes?"

I'm pretty sure there are cruise ships out there where people own the cabins.  Like condos.  The one I read about just constantly circles around the world.  There are tons of ports they stop at.  That would be the life! 

oh there is.  Owner's suites.  By special invitation only.  My coworker boasted about getting that invite.  In all honestly, I think she agreed it was a waste of money (to rent it)

• Options
    Giordanos > Lou Malnati's IMO.  I'm not a Portillo's fan but then again I don't like Italian Beef or hot dogs. We are getting one close to my house this fall and my H wants to go but I have no desire. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Giordanos > Lou Malnati's IMO.  I'm not a Portillo's fan but then again I don't like Italian Beef or hot dogs. We are getting one close to my house this fall and my H wants to go but I have no desire. 
    They have other options.  The salads are really good.  ;) 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    They have other options.  The salads are really good.  ;) 
    good to know. I'm much more excited about the Blaze pizza opening over there (by Target)
  • Options
    yeah portillo's has tamales, and tuna sandwich (the filet not tuna salad) and some other stuff.  oh and can I mention that chocolate cake again?  (ask for a chocolate cake shake. You're welcome).

• Options

@kvuns, I absolutely love Blaze Pizza.  Not that it's the best pizza around.  But it's good and an awesome value.  There is one a few minutes from my work that opened about 1-2 years ago.  I'm sure I'd be 5-10 lbs. lighter if it hadn't, lol.

@CharmedPam, Yelp reviewers were also raving about the chocolate cake at Portillo's.  Raving!  So you're in good company.  The shakes, in general, also seemed a popular item.  I'll let my H fall on those grenades and take a few bites/sips.  I know I'm such an oddball, but most sweets just aren't my thing.  No matter how good they are.  Now my H, chocolate cake is one of his faves.  I'll pass along your chocolate cake shake recommendation ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My random funny for the day.

So, where I work, the servers or whatever are in Phoenix, AZ.  So Google and their ilk always think I'm in Phoenix and adjust my ads and what not, to that location.  My internet page is also set up to open at MSN.  Not my choice, that is what the powers that be decided.

On the MSN home page, there is a weather window on the right.  Y'all, whenever I'm feeling irritated and mad at the crap weather we have in NOLA during the summer...like when I was in my car at lunch and the temp was 95F...it always perks me up to see it could be worse.  Like the current 109F it is in Phoenix.  1-0-9...Farenheit.  Unreal.

The servers used to be in Jakarta.  The first time I opened Yahoo, most of the words were in Indonesian.  I kind of sat there for 30 seconds like...uuuhhhh.  One of my coworkers showed me how to change the setting to English.  Hilarious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My random funny for the day.

So, where I work, the servers or whatever are in Phoenix, AZ.  So Google and their ilk always think I'm in Phoenix and adjust my ads and what not, to that location.  My internet page is also set up to open at MSN.  Not my choice, that is what the powers that be decided.

On the MSN home page, there is a weather window on the right.  Y'all, whenever I'm feeling irritated and mad at the crap weather we have in NOLA during the summer...like when I was in my car at lunch and the temp was 95F...it always perks me up to see it could be worse.  Like the current 109F it is in Phoenix.  1-0-9...Farenheit.  Unreal.

The servers used to be in Jakarta.  The first time I opened Yahoo, most of the words were in Indonesian.  I kind of sat there for 30 seconds like...uuuhhhh.  One of my coworkers showed me how to change the setting to English.  Hilarious.

ha! I can imagine!  Phoenix is amazing.  In winter.  My friend lives in Phoenix and when I visited in February I'm like "get me a job here!"  and she's like "may want to test out August first".

Our servers shoot to San Diego (headquarters) whenever I look things up.  Funny story, I went to look up the price and release date for the new xbox that is coming out, and I.T. blocked the xbox page.  But then I went to show my friend the haunted hotel we're staying at in NY....and I can totally roam that site. 

• Options

Quick question to the Chicagoans out there or those familiar with Chicago.

Lou Malnati's for deep dish pizza.  Good, good?  Or just "tourist" good?

I was reading a listicle that mentioned iconic places to eat in the U.S. and they mentioned Lou Malnati's in Chicago.  They also mentioned the hot dog place Portillo's, which I know some of you have already recommended. 

I used to live in Chicago, but am now in central IL. I was never a fan of Lou Malnatti's, though that was the go to place for other friends from Chicago. My favorite is Giordano's for deep dish pizza. Portillo's is also great. Hot dogs, burgers , italian beef are all great. I have heard awesome things about their chicken chopped salad too. Their chocolate cake is heaven and their lemon cake (only available in summer) is even better.

Super excited because Portillo's just opened here and we are getting a Giordano's soon too!
  • Options
    I love lemon cake. Has anyone tried the lemon bundt from Nothing Bundt Cake. DD and SIL brought it for Easter this past year. Delicious! Apparently it is a local Chicago chain. They have other flavors of bundts but I have only had the lemon.
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 glad to see you back! Also happy to hear that baby pants is not jaundice anymore and has regained her birth weight. Yay for more sleep!

I was just thinking about @DrillSergeantCat and @thefanciestbeckler the other day! Hope the jobs are going well but come back for a visit!
  • Options
    Yay @sparklepants41!

I don't remember the early days with fondness.   I'm so glad you're sounding upbeat about the entire thing.   FWIW, the nursing worked better with DS and by the time he was over birth weight I nursed on demand.   Good luck!
  • Options
    @sparklepants41, great news about baby girl!  glad you can post here and there. 

I forgot about the lemon cake.  I LOVE lemon cake! Maybe our office should order soon so I have a chance to get it. @littlemushroom, thank you for agreeing with me on Giordano's.  I'm usually in the minority and when people tell me they love Lou's I'm like "have ever NEVER tasted good pizza before? whyyyyy?"  I get the crust is better (if they cook it right but the last few times I've had it, it has been under cooked and soggy), but if we're talking cheese, sauce and ingredients Giordano's far outweighs Lou's.