Wedding Woes
Options

Monday.

How was the weekend? 

Ours was pretty good.  Friday, we went to Costco and then I did some shopping on my own.  

The fight was way later than we anticipated.  I was so tired by the time it started, but we had fun watching it.  

I was so tired yesterday.  After cleaning all day Saturday and then being up so late, my ass was kicked.  We had to take FIL's phone back to him since he left it at our house.  We ran to the store.  I did a little clean-up and then spent the rest of the day on the couch and eating left overs.  Last night was the GoT finale and we were having issues getting it going, so I'm dragging major ass today since we were up late...again. 

This is a short week since we have our annual camping trip coming up.  We always take Friday off and take the kids out of school.  

Re: Monday.

• Options
    Also exhausted today. We watched the fight Saturday with some of H's and I was the DD so I was dragging yesterday. I swear it's harder to stay awake and out late if you're sober. Worked most of the day yesterday to get ready for today's first day of classes. 

Wish me luck. I'm so not prepared. 
  • Options
    As I'm sure some of you saw, took another 2 tests on Saturday and got negative.
    Could be because my body has no idea what it's doing, or I got dates messed up. Regardless, retesting on Wednesday and then making a dr's appointment - regardless of results.

Friday came home and slept. That's about it.

Saturday - tested. Woke M up with my confused - and apparently loud - "what??" Went back to bed.
    Ended up seeing my mum later that day. Felt sick and had horrible boob pain ....
    She had plans, so I headed out early. Fell asleep on the couch while M was on his way home. We were suppose to go to a party, but I was so drained that we didn't go.

Sunday - woke up at 8 to feed cats, went back to bed. Woke up at 10 lol
    Went to M's grandparents place so he could set up their ChromeCast/Netflix.
    Got home and started doing stuff around the house. M was finishing a few things with work bench. I was pretty productive. Vacuumed, clipped a plant from behind gas meter, cleared up a few pricky plants, moved rocks in front to remove the weeds. I think I may move the rocks to the tree because right now they're half in the middle of the front yard.

Did way too much and crashed once I was done lol

Also discovered this weekend I can't do coffee. The smell turns me off and I had a sip. I'm convinced it hit my stomach for 2 seconds before returning.
    M has to start doing litter box, because the smell is making me gag. If I am pregnant, I'm not suppose to do it anyways. If I'm not, I can't right now anyways.

SSDD today. I think we're having tacos for dinner :)
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 have a great camping trip! 
    @charlotte989875, good luck with your first day :) 

Was I the only one not watching the fight?  probably not!  Friday H and I had dinner and went to DQ.  He made me open my birthday present a day early, in which I was stoked.  It is a P-SB11.  What is that you ask?  A spirit box.  To communicate with the ghosts.  I'm a nerd.  I love it!

Saturday was doing some errands, and then dinner at Rainforest Cafe with some friends and their daughter.  I forgot how overly priced that place was.  After they went home, H and I went to see Hitman's Bodyguard.  SO good.  And funny!

Sunday we were planning on going to the Renaissance faire, but H didn't make his day off and had to work it.  We have ONE more chance to make it next Monday since he supposedly has that day off too. "Supposedly". 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm sorry @MissKittyDanger

Weekend was lots of soccer and neighbors bday party. Today we're trying a new dentist and I'm trying to get things set up for going to the office Wednesday. 

I need to to finish organizing crap in our utility room and my office. I need my husband to buck up and make some decisions though. 
  • Options
    @misskittydanger, sorry for the results.   It sounds like you have a lot of symptoms (from what I have heard - not a mom)!  GL with the doctor appt!

• Options
    @CharmedPam  That's why I keep thinking. I'm pretty much assuming the next will be negative instead of getting hopes up.

Only interesting fact, my bff {who I've been keeping in the loop as much as M knows for the most part lol - she has 4 kids} said when she was expecting her 3rd, she was 2 weeks late and kept getting negative tests. Sometimes the hormone isn't always strong enough to be picked up on a test and she had to confirm with her dr with a blood test.

So there is that possibility. If not, as much as it'll suck, we'll just keep trying.
  • Options
    @6fsn  hopefully this is a good dentist! It's always hard to find a good one
  • Options
    I'm sorry, @MissKittyDanger! It could be that your body is preparing itself for pregnancy (I'm not a doctor by any stretch, but I did have similar symptoms for a couple months before I actually got a positive test), or it could still be too early to register on a test? Either way, I'm glad you're making an appointment with your doctor. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
  • Options
    Friday night I surprised SO with a date. We went to dinner and then the mini golf place we've always talked about visiting. It was a lot of fun. Saturday we put up fall decorations. It's now supposed to be 112 all week. I'm going to die. And our electricity bill is going to be like $400 next month. Yesterday I worked my first shift alone. It could have gone better. I don't like feeling behind. And then of course I had to lie awake thinking of all of the things I could have done differently instead. 

Today I'm taking Jack to the vet to (hopefully) get his next vaccine. He's been sneezing a lot, but he doesn't have any other symptom of illness. Maybe we're just a family of allergies. Lol. Then gym and general day off/house stuff. 

@MissKittyDanger I hate going off birth control because I have a ton of "pregnancy" symptoms like that. My boobs kill. I can smell everything (it's still bad on bcp, but when I'm off it's insane--like "did you have a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch yesterday" insane), I feel even more fatigued, and I'm really nauseous and particular about smells. You might be experiencing something like that too. You just recently went off, right? 

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes!
    I figure if I'm not, I just wanna know if maybe this is my body doing something normal and I didn't know it because I was on bcp?

@levioosa  I stopped at the end of June. I never had issues while on it, and asked my dr about this. She said it shouldn't be too different because I didn't have issues and I was on low dose. I didn't go on because of pms issues, or irregular so idk.
    Maybe it is just my body doing it's thang lol
  • Options
    @winstonsGirl what is that fun area of your classroom for?
  • Options
    Sorry for the letdowns @MissKittyDanger! It sounds like you're really looking forward to being pregnant. 

I've been putting off getting my hair done and I'm finally going today. FINALLY! And I'm going to ask about extensions. Have any of you ever had them done? What questions should I ask?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @southernbelle0915  I am, but I guess it'll happen when it happens. I was just hopeful. I'm having some doubtful feelings, despite what my body is doing.
  • Options
    kaos16 said:
    It's actually my entire classroom.  I'm going deskless this year (aside from a group of 4 for kids who really feel better in a desk or for kids who can't handle alternative seating).  I've got the last 4 chairs today, so I'll post a photo tomorrow.  But I've got a standing area, 2 floor seating areas and several alternative chair areas.  

• Options
    kaos16 said:
    It's actually my entire classroom.  I'm going deskless this year (aside from a group of 4 for kids who really feel better in a desk or for kids who can't handle alternative seating).  I've got the last 4 chairs today, so I'll post a photo tomorrow.  But I've got a standing area, 2 floor seating areas and several alternative chair areas.  

I have never heard of such a thing.....awesome!
  • Options
    Sorry for the letdowns @MissKittyDanger! It sounds like you're really looking forward to being pregnant. 

I've been putting off getting my hair done and I'm finally going today. FINALLY! And I'm going to ask about extensions. Have any of you ever had them done? What questions should I ask?
    Ask how to care for them, if your hair is a good candidate (my hair is too fine and would break too much), how long you can expect them to last. There are probably other questions but that's what I can think of right now. My hair dresser was realistic with me when I wanted extensions. I appreciated that because if I had followed through my hair would have been really damaged. 

• Options
    @southernbelle0915  Also as what kind of hair they're using. Can it be styled with hot tools? Should/could you use hair protection? What type of extensions? {glue, tie, etc} FYI if it's glue, you cannot use conditioner at all.

Also, what will your hair be like post extensions?
  • Options
    Thinking about you all @holyguacamole79

I saw a tweet that basically said imagine evacuating a land area similar to the state of Delaware with twice the number of people living in New York City; that's what evacuating Houston would be like. I wish everyone who criticized the officials also donated to relief organizations while they did it. 
  • Options
    A bunch of companies are doing stuff for donations to those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
    I told M we're going through our things to donate, so hopefully those affected can rebuild their things they lost.

Here's hoping everyone's safe still!!

Is the hurricane still happening, or is the worst over?
  • Options
    Glad to hear your Texas ladies are only experiencing minor issues and damage.    

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @*Barbie*, I saw that those tornadoes were in your area and thought about you.  Glad you're okay.

@charlotte989875, that tweet is quite accurate.  Here's a picture for some perspective.

And that's *just* the beltway.  Another loop of sorts outside the Beltway (Grand Parkway) has been added and is still considered the greater Houston area.  We're kind of a big deal :wink: 

Harvey has been downgraded to a tropical storm, so the hurricane part is technically over.  The thing now is that the pressure from the Gulf is making this truly a perfect storm.  If you're curious about the science of it & good, non-sensationalized information, this is an EXCELLENT blog https://spacecityweather.com.  I've been refreshing it constantly.  I've had to take breaks from the news since it is driving me to tears often.  Some grocery stores are open, but I've heard that people are waiting hours to get stuff.  We have a fair amount of supplies, so we're "okay".

A friend of mine has been volunteering at the George R Brown convention center, which has been turned into a shelter.  I have had several people ask what the most urgent needs are and she said she'll check.  If you want, I can pass it on.  

Another really cool thing is that a well known Houston philanthropist & furniture superstore owner has opened his furniture store as a shelter.  It's really awesome to see how wonderful people are in times like this.

Most people are encouraging donations to the Red Cross.  While that's good, they have a 3 / 4 star rating on Charity Navigation.  This is another good list:

All Hands Volunteers
    www.hands.org/

American Red Cross
    www.redcross.org/hp/harvey1

Americares
    www.americares.org/

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
    www.catholiccharities.org/

Coalition for the Homeless
    www.homelesshouston.org/take-action/donate/

Covenant House Texas
    www.covenanthousetx.org/

Direct Relief
    www.directrelief.org/

Food Bank of Corpus Christi
    www.foodbankcc.com/

GlobalGiving
    www.globalgiving.org/

Heart to Heart International
    www.hearttoheart.org/

Houston Food Bank
    www.houstonfoodbank.org/donate/

International Relief Teams
    www.irteams.org/

North American Mission Board
    www.namb.net/send-relief/disaster-relief

Salvation Army USA
    disaster.salvationarmyusa.org/

Samaritan’s Purse
    www.samaritanspurse.org/disaster/hurricane-harvey/#

San Antonio Food Bank
    https://safoodbank.org/

Save the Children
    www.savethechildren.org/…/b.61…/k.B143/Official_USA_Site.htm

SPCA of Texas
    www.spca.org/news_hurricane-harvey

Texas Diaper Bank
    www.texasdiaperbank.org/

• Options
    @winstonsgirl what do you teach and what age?  That's so cool. I was just telling H about it and his friend that teaches second grade did it too. She loves it and he said if he was a parent, he'd want them to have her class

Glad all the Texans are doing well. I can't imagine being trapped in your home or being evacuated. 

We're on our way way home now. It's raining so thankfully H is driving while I work from the passenger seat. The cabin was awesome...we had views of the lake from three sides of the house, H learned how to kayak and Rosie thinks she's a country dog now. She also made a dog friend, so it's good to know she's good with other dogs. She freaks out on the leash, so we always thought she'd need to be trained, but remove the leash and she's great. 

@pegasuskat I hope you like Michigan in the fall since that's what you got this weekend, but without the beauty of the changing leaves. 

@misskittydanger sorry about the test AND sore boobs. If they're going to hurt, make it worth it!  Even though I slept a ton this weekend, I'm a bit jealous of all of your naps!

• Options
    Thinking about you all @holyguacamole79

I saw a tweet that basically said imagine evacuating a land area similar to the state of Delaware with twice the number of people living in New York City; that's what evacuating Houston would be like. I wish everyone who criticized the officials also donated to relief organizations while they did it. 
    And if the storm was overblown or shifted West, people would be complaining that people were evacuated preemptively. People suck. 

I saw a heartbreaking interview yesterday with a woman who was in an evacuated area, stayed because she had nowhere to go or means to do so, and now her home is destroyed. It broke my heart. 
  • Options

I was lurking a bit today, but finally have some time to type.  I'm glad to hear that our Texas knotties are ok!  Stay safe!

Wishing good things for your brother Kimmi and baby vibes for MKD.

We had a great weekend and it was over too quick!  Friday we had a quick dinner and then off to the shore. 

Saturday morning we discovered DD has a tooth poking through on the bottom!  Then Sunday morning, the other bottom tooth starting poking through too!

Saturday was crab fest for my friend's family reunion.  I help make one of the crab batches and its the mots popular. Garlic crabs.  When you deliver a tray, you are everyone's best friend to get you to put the tray near them!  Well this year, we had a guy come up to complain he didn't get any.  Well, we have 3 large frying pans with about 8 crabs each and about 100 people eating, you can wait dude!  He wasn't even a "regular" at the event either!  I didn't even know who he was and I've been an honorary member for 15 years!

Sunday was more crabs when my mom made spaghetti & crabs!  It was delicious and a fond memory from childhood!  It needed more spice though!  Its supposed to burn your mouth off!  I almost reached for the red pepper flakes!

Tonight we had DD 6 month appointment, so more shots and her teething won't make for a great combo this week.  After the doctor, we will grab dinner and head over to BJs to buy some bulk food.

• Options
    I'm finished with this work day!  I've caught up 2 of my reports and working on the 3rd, as well as catching up my e-mail and a few other things.  This weekend was fun, as we went to another city's Pride where K performed.  I always get such a kick out of the crowds who've never seen a drag king on roller skates before.  There's always a audible gasp and then cheering.  The crowd was GREAT and K had a blast.

We are HOME for the next 3 weekends and I couldn't be more excited.  I need life to settle down just a wee bit.