Not Engaged Yet

XP: Best Maid Conundrum

So baring any unfortunate falling outs or in capacities ( due to my illness) I am to be best maid at my friends wedding next year. He hasn't yet proposed as it would cause problems with her visa if he did but he is planning to on her birthday this year which means he has discussed it with we ( e.g cute ways to do it and type of faux ring to use as he want to take her shopping for the real one after the fact).

The issue I'm having is I've had someone tell me i'm not allowed at the bachelor party... I'm allowed to plan it but I'm not allowed to attend due to owning a pair of ovaries... Am i wrong to be greatly insulted by this as it wasn't said as a joke in any way?

According the this person ( who I'm gonna call M for misogamist) I'm expected to plan and put down deposits for the event and pay a percentage of the tab but i'm not allowed to go because " Girls cant keep things to themselves and you'll ruin the marriage by telling his Fi about the strippers"... My friend did tell him to F off and that I'm more of a lad than he'll ever be but i'm now wondering if there's some etiquette line i'm crossing by going?

Re: XP: Best Maid Conundrum

• nassyv12 said:
    So baring any unfortunate falling outs or in capacities ( due to my illness) I am to be best maid at my friends wedding next year. He hasn't yet proposed as it would cause problems with her visa if he did but he is planning to on her birthday this year which means he has discussed it with we ( e.g cute ways to do it and type of faux ring to use as he want to take her shopping for the real one after the fact).

The issue I'm having is I've had someone tell me i'm not allowed at the bachelor party... I'm allowed to plan it but I'm not allowed to attend due to owning a pair of ovaries... Am i wrong to be greatly insulted by this as it wasn't said as a joke in any way?

According the this person ( who I'm gonna call M for misogamist) I'm expected to plan and put down deposits for the event and pay a percentage of the tab but i'm not allowed to go because " Girls cant keep things to themselves and you'll ruin the marriage by telling his Fi about the strippers"... My friend did tell him to F off and that I'm more of a lad than he'll ever be but i'm now wondering if there's some etiquette line i'm crossing by going?
    Y'all are putting the cart way before the horse here. This dude isn't even engaged yet.

But when he is.......Unless that someone is your to-be-wed friend, nevermind that someone. What you do is this. Ask your friend if he'd like you to host him a bachelor party - ensure he knows you plan to attend it. If he says yes, that's all that matters. If he says no, well then there won't be a bachelor party at all.
    *********************************************************************************