Wedding Woes

Thursday!

2»

Re: Thursday!

• Welcome back @short+sassy how was your trip??
  • Ugh so much good stuff on that list @short+sassy!  

Purple Pig is a Chicago staple for me!  I've done Wildberry before too...delish!  I need to try that Zed place...and just found out Detroit is getting a Giordanos!  I wish it wasn't Portillos though!  

Sounds like you you had an amazing time; I'm so glad!!
  • Ugh so much good stuff on that list @short+sassy!  

Purple Pig is a Chicago staple for me!  I've done Wildberry before too...delish!  I need to try that Zed place...and just found out Detroit is getting a Giordanos!  I wish it wasn't Portillos though!  

Sounds like you you had an amazing time; I'm so glad!!

I think you were the one who initially recommended the Purple Pig.  I looked it up and (I think) they are a James Beard winner and had amazing Yelp reviews.  I read about 2-hour waits there.  So, we were sneaky.  We went in the middle of the afternoon for a late lunch.  Although we were seated right away, they were at 80-90% capacity.  At 2:30ish.  On a weekday.  Whoa!  That was a good sign, lol.

At ZED451, if you sign up for their e-mail list, they send good coupons.  I used one for $30 off $100.  The Sunday brunch is $37/person.  So I knew I would need to order some cocktails to hit the $100 mark.  Such a sacrifice.  But I fell on that sword, lol.  Their mimosas were $6 and the yummy Watermelon Sangrias were $10.  Which seemed to me on the cheaper side for great cocktails.  I think the dinners are $56/person or about that.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy Sounds like a great trip!

@lyndausvi Positive vibes to your Mom to heal up faster.  Count me in the camp of leave Niece out of it.  Even without all the family dynamics and attitude, there's a reason why Doctors don't treat their own family.  I see that being a lot of pressure on her, especially as a new nurse 

@southernbelle0915 Have a great time in NOLA.  One day I hope we make it there

@kimmiinthemitten I know what you're saying about your job, but you have to do what is best for you.  

Official back to work today, with all school staff.  I think my room is about ready to go, so tomorrow will be getting activities, paperwork, coaching stuff organized.  I've also applied on 2 jobs already, so we'll see where that goes.  

I tumbled for the first time in 2 months last night at cheer practice, and I am getting too old to still be doing this.  I hurt last night, and having a chiro appt. today was the best thing I planned.  Still, it was nice to get back to flipping.  I can't take as much time off from tumbling as I used to and still do it well.  Going to be foam rolling this weekend 

• @lyndausvi I'm so happy to hear your news! Sounds like your mom is doing better! Fingers crossed that she continues to have such good success!

@short+sassy your trip sounds like so much fun!! 
  • @short+sassy  That sounds like a fun filled trip!
    Yes. Frustration is getting to me. I had a melt down yesterday after doing groceries .... lol