Chit Chat
Options

Are you ready for some football?!

Re: Are you ready for some football?!

• Options
    Okay so is everyone okay with Yahoo and PPR?  @charlotte989875 I've never commished before - you want to?
  • Options
    Okay so is everyone okay with Yahoo and PPR?  @charlotte989875 I've never commished before - you want to?
    I haven't either and tomorrow is a meeting and teaching day for me so I won't have a ton of internet time. 

But yeah Yahoo and PPR are good with me!
  • Options
    Okay, I can have H help me set it up, I just need email addresses so PM  me.
  • Options
    Aaahhh so somehow I have two teams :-( Kim is there any way you can delete my second team??
  • Options

Yay!  Joining was easy, thanks to the link.  I already feel successful, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @sparklepants41 does it matter which is your second?

ETA:  never mind. It was named Team 2
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 does it matter which is your second?

ETA:  never mind. It was named Team 2
    Thank you!!!! I promise I'm not usually this technologically inept. 
  • Options
    Just tagging @lyndausvi, @eileenrob, @atomicblonde, @kvruns so they see the link.

The draft has to be done by 12am PST tomorrow so I set it for 8pm EST tomorrow but can change it.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is my anniversary.  There is a chance I will not be available during that time.  It would be 6pm my time.

Does Yahoo have an auto-draft option?  ESPN does.  I've never used Yahoo, so I'm not sure what their options are.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Tomorrow is my anniversary.  There is a chance I will not be available during that time.  It would be 6pm my time.

Does Yahoo have an auto-draft option?  ESPN does.  I've never used Yahoo, so I'm not sure what their options are.
    Yahoo does have an autodraft option - @kimmiinthemitten would need to change the league draft type in league settings to autopick draft. 
  • Options
    I'm in now. My name defaulted to KVs phenomenal team? Lol 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

Yahoo does have an autodraft option - @kimmiinthemitten would need to change the league draft type in league settings to autopick draft. 
    If you don't log in for the draft it automatically auto drafts for you. Happy anniversary!  I was trying to pick a time that wasn't too early/late for everyone. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    Joined!! :)

ETA please disregard my last name all over I'm trying to adjust my settings.. and gangreen is a nod to the Jets, not the dead body tissue lol 
  • Options
    Thanks @kimmiinthemitten for getting everything going. 
  • Options
    I think @atomicblonde is the only person yet to register so yay and hurry up blondie;). 
  • Options
    Thanks @kimmiinthemitten for getting everything going
    SITB

I had Mr Mitten help!
  • Options
    SITB

I had Mr Mitten help!
    Thank you Mr & Mrs Mitten!! I'm really psyched about our league!!
  • Options
    Is there anything we need to know for the draft? The league I was previously in we did a live draft not on computer so I'm not sure if there is anything to know - like does something pop up saying it is your turn ? If for some reason you didn't do it in time does it auto pick?
  • Options
    SITB

I had Mr Mitten help!
    Mr. Charlotte said the rules looked good. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

If you don't log in for the draft it automatically auto drafts for you. Happy anniversary!  I was trying to pick a time that wasn't too early/late for everyone. 
    Totally understand.  Not knocking anything.  Just bad timing.

Although DH thinks he now has to work.  So I might be able to draft after all.    Might have to get a bottle of wine and celebrate with you all instead :tongue:

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We'll toast with you @lyndausvi.  

@kvruns The draft is simple on Yahoo.  30 minutes before you'll get your draft position which is randomly selected.  I'll have to ask the hubs, but you get either 1 minute or 1.5 minutes to make your selection (you'll be notified when it's your turn).  If you step away for any reason, it will autodraft.  You can line up a que(sp?) of players you prefer and if you step away it will choose the highest rank player from that group.

For example, the last draft I did was during work.  If I knew I wanted a RB for the next spot, I would que (sp?) the ones I liked in case I stepped away.
  • Options
    Thanks! That is good to know. I plan to be available for it but just in case the baby wakes up or something I wanted to make sure it would still draft. I'll look at setting up my queues
  • Options
    I'm going to set up my queues before the draft as well - Babypants has been clusterfeeding in the evenings here and there. Glad to know I won't be holding anything up if I step away from the draft 
  • Options
    We'll toast with you @lyndausvi.  

@kvruns The draft is simple on Yahoo.  30 minutes before you'll get your draft position which is randomly selected.  I'll have to ask the hubs, but you get either 1 minute or 1.5 minutes to make your selection (you'll be notified when it's your turn).  If you step away for any reason, it will autodraft.  You can line up a que(sp?) of players you prefer and if you step away it will choose the highest rank player from that group.

For example, the last draft I did was during work.  If I knew I wanted a RB for the next spot, I would que (sp?) the ones I liked in case I stepped away.

Thanks for the explanation on how the turns/picking work.  I had been wondering about that.

I've decided doing my line-up will be my lunchtime activity for the day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I forgot that for whatever reason my work computer/internet does not work with yahoo.  Like it doesn't matter what part of yahoo, nothing works - it is like our internet service blocks all things yahoo (same thing happens on my phone if I'm on our work wifi). Made myself a reminder to try to figure out how to rank positions/players when I get home tonight. I couldn't figure it out on the app
  • Options
    We're on for 8:30 EST right?
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I forgot that for whatever reason my work computer/internet does not work with yahoo.  Like it doesn't matter what part of yahoo, nothing works - it is like our internet service blocks all things yahoo (same thing happens on my phone if I'm on our work wifi). Made myself a reminder to try to figure out how to rank positions/players when I get home tonight. I couldn't figure it out on the app
    My other league is also on Yahoo. Unfortunately you can't rank your players on the app - so dumb - you can only do it on the full site. 

Also thats so random that you cant access any part of Yahoo at work. 
  • Options
    Ohh I would love to talk some football too. I had my second draft last night, and I love to chat football!
  • Options
    We're on for 8:30 EST right?
    Yes ma'am!