Chit Chat

Are you ready for some football?!

Re: Are you ready for some football?!

• We're on for 8:30 EST right?
    Yes ma'am!
    So excited. 
  • This is the least prepared I've ever been for a draft, but hey, here goes nothing. 
  • kvruns said:
    This is the least prepared I've ever been for a draft, but hey, here goes nothing. 
    Ha! Me too!
  • Also, if your H is working, I'm celebrating your anniversary with you @lyndausvi

• Love it.

DH cooked me dinner.  Now we are watching the movie The Founder.

Need to check on my draft.   Oh and drink wine virtually  with you. :tongue:

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We missed you @lyndausvi, but you had a pretty good draft. 

Also, the report card ...

• lol I got a D+  :D
  • C+  

not horrible for not being there.  I have some good players.  Will go with what I have this week and maybe trade some.  We will see.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    C+  

not horrible for not being there.  I have some good players.  Will go with what I have this week and maybe trade some.  We will see.
    I'll trade you for Gronk!! Hahaha  :#
  • Can we do a run down of who is who - I think I know most but there might be one or 2 screennames/teamnames I'm not sure of. Or maybe a non public way to do it if that is better? 
  • kvruns said:
    Can we do a run down of who is who - I think I know most but there might be one or 2 screennames/teamnames I'm not sure of. Or maybe a non public way to do it if that is better? 
    I'm the Pawnee Goddesses. 
  • kvruns said:
    Can we do a run down of who is who - I think I know most but there might be one or 2 screennames/teamnames I'm not sure of. Or maybe a non public way to do it if that is better? 
    I had a hunch that was you, @charlotte989875!! 

I'm Sparklepants  :D:#o:)
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    kvruns said:
    I'm Dr. Strangelove. "You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

ETA: Yahoo gave me a B. Because I'm a Badass.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @charlotte989875 and @atomicblonde yours were the 2 I was unsure of. thanks!
  • kvruns said:
    I had a hunch that was you, @charlotte989875!! 

I'm Sparklepants  :D:#o:)

What!  I had no idea!  :P

Alas, I was not able to be present for the drafting, but I will be more prepared next week.  I suspect auto-drafting probably improved my chances, lol.

I did figure out how to change my team name to my username here, so you all would recognize me :).  It was originally assigned "Jennifer's Team" and I had about 20 seconds of "freak out", trying to figure out how Yahoo possibly could have known my first name.  Then I connected the dots that I also happened to be logged into my Yahoo Mail.  Sneaky, lol!

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't meant they're not after you." ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I couldn't figure out who was auto-drafting last night. I knew @atomicblonde and @kimmiinthemitten were live drafting but I wasn't sure who else was. 
  • I was live drafting
  • kvruns said:
    I was live drafting
    I thought you were, too 
  • I think just @lyndausvi and @short+sassy were on auto-draft.
  • I'm just glad y'all took my advice and no one drafted a defense in the first round. I was surprised so many QBs went so early, though. That threw off my game a little, haha.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm just glad y'all took my advice and no one drafted a defense in the first round. I was surprised so many QBs went so early, though. That threw off my game a little, haha.
    Me too! H was watching too and asked why so many QBs were going. Yahoo didn't like me waiting on a QB either apparently. 
  • I think @lyndausvi autodrafted a QB first and that caused a firestorm.  I still didn't see who got my boyfriend Justin Tucker.  Three leagues and I'm without my ace in each of them.

• I'd like to thank you all for encouraging me to draft with parents still milling around at the school  :D

I was a bit distracted and hadn't realized I drafted so many RB...my report card really let me have it 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2017
    I dont normally draft QB early but then I realized this league was structured differently than ones I was previously in and it seemed like I needed a good QB and WR for big points. Back in the day it was all about getting a good RB first round or two

Edit: My report card made fun of me for taking 2 kickers, it said it wasn't futbol LOL. But I really just hate the whole trading/drafting stuff for bye weeks and I figured why draft more WR/RB/TE who are always going to sit on the bench.
  • kvruns said:
    I dont normally draft QB early but then I realized this league was structured differently than ones I was previously in and it seemed like I needed a good QB and WR for big points. Back in the day it was all about getting a good RB first round or two

Edit: My report card made fun of me for taking 2 kickers, it said it wasn't futbol LOL. But I really just hate the whole trading/drafting stuff for bye weeks and I figured why draft more WR/RB/TE who are always going to sit on the bench.
    Ha! Mine made fun of me for getting two kickers too! It also made fun of me for drafting the players who will be eligible for AARP the soonest lol. 
  • kvruns said:

Ha! Mine made fun of me for getting two kickers too! It also made fun of me for drafting the players who will be eligible for AARP the soonest lol. 
    Mine hated on how young my list was, and that I didn't pick a better QB. They rated me a B; and said I'd lose all but two games. 
  • I think @lyndausvi autodrafted a QB first and that caused a firestorm.  I still didn't see who got my boyfriend Justin Tucker.  Three leagues and I'm without my ace in each of them.

Assuming Lynda is "Chef's Team", it looks like she did.

I realize fantasy football isn't necessarily about favorite teams and players.  But still. I see @sparklepants41 got my Drew Brees as a back-up QB.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I realize fantasy football isn't necessarily about favorite teams and players.  But still. I see @sparklepants41 got my Drew Brees as a back-up QB.

Ahem.  Breesus is MY man. 

--Philip Pullman

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2017
    I am Chef's team. Which confused me, but then I remembered my yahoo account is my throwaway account and I used the dog's name.

I did auto-draft.  Not even sure what number I was in the draft.  Oh well.   And I would never pick a QB first on purpose. I didn't understand yahoo's format.  Didn't take the time to learn either.   I use ESPN on the other league.

Oh well.

Let the games begin.     

Ahem.  Breesus is MY man. 
    Not that I would trade a QB for a kicker (plus I already have two kickers), but we can call it even since you nabbed Hauschka  ;)