Wedding Woes

Thirsty Thursday

edited September 2017 in Wedding Woes
5$ says I am typing at the same time as MrsConn

It is practically the weekend! Has Thursday Night Football started yet? I miss football sooooo much. I am going to see if I can get nfl ticket out here.

My lesson was very good last night. My meeting with the head mistress of the nursery school was successful and she is going to start sending babies in October.
Today I shipped off my baby blanket.
We included a bag of Arabic coffee and a box of dates. According to the FDA website agents "generally" choose not to take issue with violations in the "prior notice" rules for gifts. Other places it says gifts are exempt from the prior notice rules, or that sealed things are exempt; there was no clear answer so we are crossing our fingers. We tried to file the Prior Notice paperwork but it requires information we don't have, like, the waybill number or container number. How are we supposed to know that prior to shipping??

Tonight we are meeting up with friends for drinks. My girlfriend and I were gifted tickets to the opera in Dubai tomorrow night and I am excited for that, I love the opera.

Eta: picture of my blanket. 

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• First Thursday game is tonight.  :D  I forget who's playing...Houston...maybe? Too lazy to google. 

It's the 7th anniversary of my best friend's death.  I'm definitely all up in the feels.  She was amazing and I miss her. 

Other than that, SSDD.  At least it's Prudie day. :D 
  • ((Hugs)) mrsconn. Losing my best friend was harder than any family member
  • @mrsconn23 <3 I know that feeling. Do something nice for yourself that she would have liked, I find that makes me feel a bit better.

@missJeanLouise that blanket is beautiful!!

Not much.
    Dinner with a friend last night was good. Wandered the mall but ended up not getting anything :O even with gift cards, I saw nothing :(
    Then M and I got into an argument, which has moved over into arguing today.

It's a whole mess that could easily be a Prudie letter .... but I think I've dealt with it. It's just gonna also take time to fully deal. *sigh*

SSDD otherwise
  • Wow @missJeanLouise that blanket is gorge!

I'm feeling like a dummy because I was in a meeting with my boss & a few other people and stupidly didn't realize my phone was off mute, so I said something about my boss wasting our time. WHOOPS. The good thing is I have a whole day of meetings so hopefully she forgets (she has the worst memory).
  • Yesterday was crazy, but worked has slowed a tad, so I have time to type today.  I lurked a bit yesterday.

CMGr- I'm sorry about your hair!  Just find a fabulous wig and rock it!  Maybe go a bit crazy and get a crazy color!  Might be the pick me up you need!

MrsConn - Hugs!

MJL - Love that blanket!  Someone made DD a quilt and I can't wait until she is old enough and she can use it in her crib!

MKD - Sorry about the fight, hopefully things are on the upswing now.

Today is my niece's 4th birthday, so we will be going there for cake later.  I forgot to give her the birthday card I had for her last year, so I'm putting a sticker over the "3rd" and giving it to her today!  She probably won't notice!

I need to make a lunch time run to Target for more formula.  I was trying to wait until after the Target cc closed, which is today, but that's not happening!  Baby needs to eat and we only have enough for 1 bottle left!  I also need to make more baby food, but that can wait until the weekend. 

And its Prudie day!  I saw an Ask Amy yesterday that made my eyes bug!  I may post that.

• And its Prudie day!  I saw an Ask Amy yesterday that made my eyes bug!  I may post that.

POST IT!!
  • @mirsconn23, hugs, anniversary deaths are so hard.  I agree with PP about doing something she would have liked! One of our friends passed away but it's also the wedding date of my brother and SIL, so it's a happy/sad day for us (she passed away 2 years prior) 
    @missjeanlouise, have fun! never been to the opera
    @misskittydanger, sorry for the fight.  Those can be such mindfucks for me too.  Last night H and I fought before heading out to dinner and it almost made me not want to go.  We ended up going, but it was over something stupid.  H is horrible....HORRIBLE with money.  He can't save anymore (he used to be able to) and spends it on stupid stupid things.  He needs new brakes for his car, $6,000 on dental work, credit card debt, AND to save up for Costa Rica in February.  He spends money on games almost daily (you know those games where you save up for points in order to play?  He doesn't save up points, he just buys them).  Anyway, before we left he proudly showed me this geocaching coin.  A stupid useless silver coin that does nothing.  I said "what's that for?"
    "geocaching.  I thought it looked cool"
    I told him that we started to geocache as a couple to do something INEXPENSIVELY and it was such a waste of money (not to mention that it literally has no purpose), and to not spend anymore money - no matter how small the amount- on a hobby that should be FREE!!!  He got all mad about it. We have separate finances because of this.  I agree, I'm not the greatest with money either, but I'm not in debt either and that's KEY when I argue with him on money.

• @missjeanlouise, yes I LOVE that blanket
    oh no, @ahoywedding! FX she does forget it. But that IS funny!  that's also my worst fear.  Thinking my phone is on mute when it's not. LOL.  My mom can talk non stop and I can't get my own words in, so when H is home, I'll mute it and tell HIM what I want to tell my  mom as she's still talking.  One day - I'll forget to mute it. LOL. 

• @missjeanlouise, yes I LOVE that blanket
    oh no, @ahoywedding! FX she does forget it. But that IS funny!  that's also my worst fear.  Thinking my phone is on mute when it's not. LOL.  My mom can talk non stop and I can't get my own words in, so when H is home, I'll mute it and tell HIM what I want to tell my  mom as she's still talking.  One day - I'll forget to mute it. LOL. 
    We got these new stupid phones that auto-un-mute when you join an online meeting (why, I do not know) so there's a bit of a learning curve but dang I still felt like a jerk!
  • @CharmedPam It's not something stupid. That's the worst part. It's definitely something that should have been dealt with before and hadn't. Now it's just gotten worse, but I think it's been dealt with just before it got too bad.
    M is horrible with money also, so I totally get the stress on that.
    I'm sure you have, but what about budgets? I do them often to see where money goes but recently I broke down a payment plan for M's debt to see how long it'll take to pay off. Gives a visual on it and helps keep track.

@OliveOilsMom Definitely one of those "it gets worse before it gets better" but hopefully it's on the upswing now.
    Haha love the recycling of the card ;)
  • I had another client ruin my morning today.  2 mornings in a row, ruined by mean old people.  Grr.  Usually this is cyclical, so hopefully I start getting clients that like me again soon, b/c this newest batch is feeling BSC.

I'm soooooooooooo ready for the weekend.  It's another busy AF weekend, b/c we have OOT guests Sat, Sun, and Monday, but I just need to sleep in and relax with K for a bit.
  • Ugh MKD and CharmedPam, fights are the worst. DH is on his second week of PTO and we got in the stupidest fight the other day. I woke up early and was finishing my quilt, albeit slowly, on the coffee table. DH put his coffee cup on the coffee table and I told him it was going to get knocked off if he left it there. LSS, I ended up at the coffee shop for a hour cooling off while googling flights out of the country.

Varuna- I hope you get some downtime soon. Sounds like you could use some snuggles. 

Thank you for the compliments everyone. :)
  • @missJeanLouise twice in 6.5 yrs M and I have had a fight where I debated on leaving. Once I was just thinking about it, the 2nd time I was looking at bus times to go to my mum's place. Not even permanent, just for the night.
  • edited September 2017
    @missJeanLouise twice in 6.5 yrs M and I have had a fight where I debated on leaving. Once I was just thinking about it, the 2nd time I was looking at bus times to go to my mum's place. Not even permanent, just for the night.
    God, I think about leaving alllllllll the time, not just with DH, basically any time I am uncomfortabe. Because I am flighty, because it is one of my (not necessarily healthy) coping skills, because I have a temper and need to cool off, because I am bored or feeling unfulfilled or depressed. I know I don't actually want to leave for forever just that it is my first reaction to things but I am definitely a person who needs a walk around the block, or city.
  • @missJeanLouise twice in 6.5 yrs M and I have had a fight where I debated on leaving. Once I was just thinking about it, the 2nd time I was looking at bus times to go to my mum's place. Not even permanent, just for the night.
    God, I think about leaving alllllllll the time, not just with DH, basically any time I am uncomfortabe. Because I am flighty, because it is one of my (not necessarily healthy) coping skills, because I have a temper and need to cool off, because I am bored or feeling unfulfilled or depressed. I know I don't actually want to leave for forever just that it is my first reaction to things but I am definitely a person who needs a walk around the block, or city.
    At least you acknowledge the issue and tbh sometimes leaving the situation is good because you don't say things that are rude, wrong, hurtful, etc etc.
  • @MissJeanLouise, beautiful quilt!  My favorite panels are the turtles.  What is it about turtles that make them so cute, lol?  I think it's the fun, round shape they are that is appealing.

@mrsconn23, <<Hugs>>

@MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry to hear you had a big fight with M.

@ahoywedding, Doh!  That or accidentally sending an e-mail to the wrong people/person...like a personal business e-mail to a work colleague...are two fears I have, lol.

@OliveOilsMom, of course you should post the Ask Amy letter!  Why would you even tease us like that, lol.

@CharmedPam, I'm sorry to hear you had a fight last night, also.  Apparently a bad night for marital bliss for some WW ladies.

@VarunaTT, best wishes for better clients!  I feel you on your upcoming weekend.  I love to have guests, but it can also be a little stir crazy.

My big excitement yesterday was the cat condo I ordered for Nip came in last night.  It's two cubbies on top of each other and the top of it is all cushy and soft.  I'm so giddy that she loves it!  More giddy than I should be, just because I got something my cat likes, lol.  My H put it together, we put it under our window where the previous crappy one was, and then I scoured the house to find her.  I scooped her up and put her in front of it.

She made a couple sniffs and then entered the "1st floor" condo.  She sniffed all over the inside of it, lol.  And then settled herself down.  A couple hours later, she briefly left, and then came back and jumped into the "2nd" floor condo.  Squee!...she did that one on her own, lol.  When I went to bed, she was snuggled into a little "Nip ball" sleeping on her 2nd floor.  When I came out in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, she was still there.

I'm curious to see if she tries out the very top to look out the window, this evening.

I was really excited to come over to this board and see all the Prudie posts.  I had forgotten it was Prudie day.

Between my cat using her new condo and "surprise for me" Prudie day, it apparently doesn't take much to make me happy, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  you're lucky! We got a soft, cushy bed for Penny and she didn't use it. We put her toys in and her blanket {aka an emergency car blanket we used while moving awhile ago then she adopted it} and still nothing. At one point she pulled her blanket out and slept on it BESIDE THE DAMN BED!!!

But yay Nip though :) Your reaction sounds like mine when Angel plays with things :D
  • @mrsconn23 *hugs*

@missJeanLouise That quilt is gorgeous!

Today I am doing gym and lunch with SO's sister.  I haven't seen her in forever so it will be nice. The house is a mess and I just don't care right now. I need a day to relax. I'm debating trying to schedule a massage tomorrow but I'm not sure. I might just want to stay at home all day. Jack is teething so he's chewing on everything, my laptop and hands included. 

• Ugh, crappy day at (nonprofit) work. Someone was unhappy about something I did or said, but instead of coming to me about it went to my supervisor, who tried to ask/tell me about it but since she wasn't at the meeting she couldn't adequately explain what this person was upset by so I couldn't even give context to the situation, nor could I handle it because I don't really know what the problem is. So I'm feeling like I'm "in trouble" but don't know exactly why or who/how to fix it. So I'm taking my lunch break to cool down. 

Thank gods its thursday. I need a break. 
  • Radio station I listen to does Throwback Thursdays.

Right now is my 90s jam "Tag Team (Whomp There it is)" and I am busting moves at my desk.
    Yesterday I mimicked "Barbie Girl" :')
  • Hugs for you, @mrsconn23!!

That quilt is amazing, @missJeanLouise!!!

Leaving for a bit to go downtown for my  postpartum appointment. Other than that, SSDD.
  • @kvruns That's like Mambo #5 - it use to play during gym class and that part with the dance moves you had to stop and do it.
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    kvruns said:
    @MissKittyDanger I still remember making a dance/music video with friends to that song. I think it was the summer between 6th and 7th grade maybe?  Whenever I hear the song I may or may not still bust out some of the moves...

@mrsconn23  hope you can do something fun in memory if your friend.  And FWIW it's the 2nd Thursday night football game, though stupid WTHR/DirecTV fight means we don't get to watch again and I even dressed the baby up for the game because the Bengals are playing and my H is a fan of that team

edit: baby Bengals fan in the spoiler box below 

It would probably be easier for me to list the upbeat pop tunes from the '80s and '90s that I DON'T have an urge to get up and dance to, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It would probably be easier for me to list the upbeat pop tunes from the '80s and '90s that I DON'T have an urge to get up and dance to, lol.
    100% same

Although I am guilty for "Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston more than typical .... 
  • It would probably be easier for me to list the upbeat pop tunes from the '80s and '90s that I DON'T have an urge to get up and dance to, lol.
    100% same

Although I am guilty for "Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston more than typical .... 
    I just wanted to say I love your sig GIF :-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

100% same

I just wanted to say I love your sig GIF :-)
    Thank you. It's my spirit animal because that is how I answer the door when home alone - or forced to do it because M is lazy and/or busy.
    Pallas cat ;) Google. They're magical creatures.
  • -why box why-

@kvruns Do you have Amazon Prime? Thursday night football games are on Prime TV this year! They were on Twitter last year (why? IDK) but this year Prime TV has them. If you don't have it, maybe you can borrow a login from someone?
  • -why box why-

@kvruns Do you have Amazon Prime? Thursday night football games are on Prime TV this year! They were on Twitter last year (why? IDK) but this year Prime TV has them. If you don't have it, maybe you can borrow a login from someone?
    Ohhhhh this might be a reason to keep my prime!!