Chit Chat

Intro!

2»

Re: Intro!

• edited September 2017
    Hey everyone! I'm Mandy and I'm new to the boards after lurking for awhile. My BF (the Cat) and I have been together for two years this weekend. I found several jewelry store mags in our laundry room the other night with notes by several engagement rings, so I figured I may as well pop into the conversations now. We both work in aviation, I'm older than he is (by 5 years) but it has been good for both of us as the Cat brings a more carefree nature to me and I bring a matured nature to him. I am divorced with two children and the Cat has no previous marriages or children. I am looking forward to a future with the Cat and the kids love him just as much as I do. OH he is called "the Cat" because he is allergic to cats and my kids favorite children's book series is one with BF's name as a cat. The kids thought it was hysterical that he is allergic to cats and this cat book series carries his name as the main cat character. My kids have my sense of humor, in that the one thing he suffers from the most (allergies) is what they use to as his nickname. Anyways, I just wanted to pop up and say HI! We also live in the Washington DC area...yes it can be as horrible as it sounds and we also love cruise vacations and running. Congrats to all the recently engaged couples and also to any recent anniversaries!! 

• Hey everyone! I'm Mandy and I'm new to the boards after lurking for awhile. My BF (the Cat) and I have been together for two years this weekend. I found several jewelry store mags in our laundry room the other night with notes by several engagement rings, so I figured I may as well pop into the conversations now. We both work in aviation, I'm older than he is (by 5 years) but it has been good for both of us as the Cat brings a more carefree nature to me and I bring a matured nature to him. I am divorced with two children and the Cat has no previous marriages or children. I am looking forward to a future with the Cat and the kids love him just as much as I do. OH he is called "the Cat" because he is allergic to cats and my kids favorite children's book series is one with BF's name as a cat. The kids thought it was hysterical that he is allergic to cats and this cat book series carries his name as the main cat character. My kids have my sense of humor, in that the one thing he suffers from the most (allergies) is what they use to as his nickname. Anyways, I just wanted to pop up and say HI! We also live in the Washington DC area...yes it can be as horrible as it sounds and we also love cruise vacations and running. Congrats to all the recently engaged couples and also to any recent anniversaries!! 

So funny!  Cat does not sound like a very subtle guy, lol.  I'd be tempted to put a Post-It note in one of the catalogs with "<---This is my fave."

Such a cute story with his nickname!

Best wishes on your soon-to-be engagement ;).  I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!!! Yeah he isn't good with subtle lol Great idea with the post it note!! 

• Hello everyone! I lurk here more than I post, but I felt like I should introduce myself. My name is J.K. (initials), the username is Japanese for "I am an English teacher", which I am. I currently live in Japan with my husband, who is also an English teacher. We're both originally from Missouri, we met and dated shortly in middle school, then dated again senior year of high school. So that puts us at 6 1/2 years together, 1/2 year married. The dates for both are almost the same, our timing is so weird! We are both 24, but I'm a few months older. No pets or kids yet, but once we decide what we want to do next we'll start building our family. Currently, our hobbies are playing video games, Magic: the Gathering, and war-gaming. I also enjoy drawing and anime. I haven't had the chance to attend many weddings and I've never been in one before (well, besides my own, duh) so I'm more so here for getting advice than giving, but I'll help anyone that wants help!
    "I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.... It means no." -Alistair, Dragon Age Origins