Wedding Woes

FriYay!

Im pretty much just biding my time until I can leave to teach my class and go home today. I have nothing pressing to do, my supervisor is leaving for vacation, and my projects are all waiting for other people to do things. And I just want to go home and pack for the weekend. 

It was cute, H was telling Charlie how much fun he was going to have at the cabin this weekend and all the adventures were going to have. He's just a little excited. 

Re: FriYay!

• Today I'm trying to tie up my loose ends and have zero motivation.  I get my stitches out today (and find out when I have to do a second graft....ugh) and then head down to surprise H at his HS's homecoming.  

Tomorrow, we need to clean and may go out, and then we're making a Sunday/Funday out of the Lions game.  A friend has tickets to the Tigers game too and invited us to join for the first hour if we want.  We'll see what H wants to do.

And right now, I'm Knotting and getting a left arm lick bath from the pup.
  • Not much work today. I need to grocery shop and start getting stuff for 6let's bday party. 

Two of my friends were just named in a $1.1 million slander lawsuit. The person filing is the two fiscal officer. One friend is a trust and the other responds online to the shenanigans. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    @charlotte989875, have a great vaca!
    @kimmiinthemitten, sorry about the 2nd graft.  That sucks :(
    @6fsn that's some crazy stuff! let us know how that goes!

Tonight I have to go grocery shopping, clean the house and bake an applesauce cake for when my parents get here.  Fun stuff.  Been procrastinating till the very last minute.   
    I also have to stand in as a "godfatther" (be a witness I guess?) for my nephews baptism on Sunday. My parents are flying in for it, my brother and family live 5.5 hours away and are driving in for it to stay at the In laws.  I suggested we meet bro, nephew and SIL for lunch tomorrow...which is what? 2 hours or so?   To get some spend with them one on one and not at the baptism surrounded by family.  Guess what?  My brother doesn't have ANY say in his time spent with his family when he comes to town (even though my parents are FLYING IN for this).  SIL gets to control all that, and it's ALL to be spent with her family.  She said something along the lines of my parents visiting them enough where they live that when they drive to Chicago, it should be with her family.  Even though my parents may visit often, my H and I do not.  In fact, H has never even met my nephew yet and me only 2 times!   It's a tough subject for us, and we like SIL and all but she has far to much control over my brother. 

• 6 - Oh my!

I'm hoping for a quiet day at the office.  I am also hoping to sneak out at 4.  We are heading down the shore for the weekend and want to get as much of a jump down there as we can.  H took today off to get stuff done around the house and have us packed and pretty much ready to go once I get home.  DD is at daycare because we would be paying for it regardless, so H can focus on the work.

I got all my jars canned last night, but there was 1 casualty.  As I was loading the 2nd pot of water, one of my jar cracked and put tomato sauce all over the place in the pot.  Thankfully that batch of jars sealed, even with the tomato floating around.  I also had 1 extra jar left after the first go round of canning, so I had to do a 3rd canning session - for 1 jar.  It takes 40 minutes to process the jars and I had 1 left over!  Ugh!

This weekend is the shore, as I mentioned.  It is Irish Weekend in one of the towns and tons of fun.  I have DDs greenest outfits full of shamrocks at the ready!  We will go down during the day on Saturday to check out the goings on and the craft fair.  Not sure what else is up for the weekend, but I know it will be a good one!

Happy Weekend WW!

• @charlotte989875 it is my favourite when people talk to their pets :) M was clipping Angel's claws one night, and Angel kept swiping {he was pissy} so M basically said "Look, if you did your own claws we wouldn't be like this. Now take it down a notch and let me finish."

@kimmiinthemitten dirty arm according to pup. How are kitties doing with puppers now?

@6fsn Whoo 6let bday! :) And does this mean someone is suing your friends, or are they suing someone? Law stuff confuses me lol

Not a whole lot last night. Stopped by dollarama last night and - as per usual - walked out spending $25 :|
    I did get some Hallowe'en decor, so it wasn't a total bust. Self adhesive bats and a door sign. Bats may go into the mudroom .... I may get more depending on things.
    Whole bunch of nothing last night.

Tonight I think M is going to his buddy's place for poker. I likely won't go because my back hurts, and I was hoping to take a bath. Plus my skin has been acting weird, so I'll probably do a mask as well.
    Damn 30s .... this ain't cool! Lol I guess I should be more serious about skin care now.

Curiosity strikes. Did anyone else change their skin care as they age?
    I don't see my skin changing, but I feel I should be more serious about caring for it.
  • @charlotte989875, @OliveOilsMom, those both sound like fun, vacation weekends!

@kimmiinthemitten, ugh is right!  Have fun at the game(s)!

@6fsn, that is crazy, scary stuff!  Good luck to your friends.

@CharmedPam, that is really frustrating with your SIL :(.  It is ridiculous she is being so "hoarding" with ALL of their time.

I didn't sleep well last night and am just exhausted.  I'm off work at 11:30AM.  Then I have a lunch mystery shop (wish I didn't).  Then I need to stop at the bank.  THEN I can finally go home and spend the afternoon napping, lol.

No real plans for this weekend.  Which is just fine with me.  But next weekend we are visiting friends in Biloxi and staying over Sat. night.  They bought a new house a number of months ago, but needed to do quite a few upgrades and renovations.  So they only recently moved into it and we haven't seen it yet.  I'm looking forward to that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017

@CharmedPam, that is really frustrating with your SIL :(.  It is ridiculous she is being so "hoarding" with ALL of their time.

yeah, it was all fun and games until the baby came into the picture.  Now I want more time spent with them since I have a nephew now. lol.

@Misskittydanger, I actually am playing around with moisturizer for aging skin (crepe erase - http://www.crepeerase.com knock off too!) and everything dries out my skin.  I really want to do preventative things for it.  right now I use a diabetic lotion on my face which seems to be doing OK, but not an anti-ager. Being diabetic may be the reason my face and hands are so dry too.

We hit 95 today too (do the conversion, I was never good at that!).  I told my friend that I don't care if Autumn is pushed back - but once we do get Autumn I am owed 3 good months of it!!!

• @CharmedPam, that is really frustrating with your SIL :(.  It is ridiculous she is being so "hoarding" with ALL of their time.

yeah, it was all fun and games until the baby came into the picture.  Now I want more time spent with them since I have a nephew now. lol.

@Misskittydanger, I actually am playing around with moisturizer for aging skin (crepe erase - http://www.crepeerase.com knock off too!) and everything dries out my skin.  I really want to do preventative things for it.  right now I use a diabetic lotion on my face which seems to be doing OK, but not an anti-ager. Being diabetic may be the reason my face and hands are so dry too.

We hit 95 today too (do the conversion, I was never good at that!).  I told my friend that I don't care if Autumn is pushed back - but once we do get Autumn I am owed 3 good months of it!!!

Yes!  For about 2 weeks in the beginning of Sept., we had AWESOME weather.  Temps had suddenly dropped by 10+ degrees.  Still hot during the day, but the morning had cool breezes.

But then we went right back to summer heat weather.  Mother Nature is just mean sometimes.  Don't give us a taste of Fall, only to rip it back away.  How dare she force us to go backwards!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, and fyi, according to David Meade, Christian numerologist, tomorrow is the end of the world. 

Don't be a chump like me and spend your last day on earth cleaning! 

• @CharmedPam, that is really frustrating with your SIL :(.  It is ridiculous she is being so "hoarding" with ALL of their time.

Yes!  For about 2 weeks in the beginning of Sept., we had AWESOME weather.  Temps had suddenly dropped by 10+ degrees.  Still hot during the day, but the morning had cool breezes.

But then we went right back to summer heat weather.  Mother Nature is just mean sometimes.  Don't give us a taste of Fall, only to rip it back away.  How dare she force us to go backwards!

I honestly don't think we hit 95 in June, July or August!

• @CharmedPam I'm not familiar, does being diabetic cause different issues for skin? {I had no idea!}
  • @misskittydanger, just really dry skin! wounds and cuts also take longer to heal, which is fun.  I scar really easily. 

• @misskittydanger, just really dry skin! wounds and cuts also take longer to heal, which is fun.  I scar really easily. 
    damn that's rough :( My mum has dry skin so I may see if that could work for her.
    I have combo skin which tends to be oily unless it's super windy in the winter
  • @CharmedPam I'm not familiar, does being diabetic cause different issues for skin? {I had no idea!}

A few weeks before I was diagnosed with Type I, the backs of my hands were drying up so bad that there were a few places the skin was slightly cracking open enough that there was blood.  And that was in April-May!  Not even the winter time, which is when I've always had dry skin anyway.

High blood sugar causes dehydration because the body's defense mechanism for that is to take the extra sugar in the bloodstream and dump it into the urine.  So there is also more frequent and urgent needs to pee when blood sugar is high.  The fun just never stops, lol.

Fun (and gross) diabetes fact.  Diabetes, in Latin, translates to "sweet urine".  Because, back in the Roman times, doctors would taste their patients urine to help diagnose a variety of diseases.  And those who were diabetic, had sweet tasting urine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

A few weeks before I was diagnosed with Type I, the backs of my hands were drying up so bad that there were a few places the skin was slightly cracking open enough that there was blood.  And that was in April-May!  Not even the winter time, which is when I've always had dry skin anyway.

High blood sugar causes dehydration because the body's defense mechanism for that is to take the extra sugar in the bloodstream and dump it into the urine.  So there is also more frequent and urgent needs to pee when blood sugar is high.  The fun just never stops, lol.

Fun (and gross) diabetes fact.  Diabetes, in Latin, translates to "sweet urine".  Because, back in the Roman times, doctors would taste their patients urine to help diagnose a variety of diseases.  And those who were diabetic, had sweet tasting urine.

Is that why they get paid so much, to this day?  LOL ewwwwww  :s

Interesting on the skin, I haven't heard that before. I did know about the frequent urination thanks to reading the Babysitters Club back in the day

My mum is hypoglycemic - which is apparently in the family of diabetic - and maybe that's the reasoning for her skin!
  • I need help with my resignation letter...any tips?
  • I need help with my resignation letter...any tips?
    What do you have so far? And what do you want it to say?
  • Please accept this letter as my notice of resignation from my position as Account Manager, effective September 29th.

This was a very difficult decision for me to make; I have long considered X not just a place of employment but like a second family to me.  I am grateful for my time spent here, the knowledge and experience I have gained, and believe upon my departure we can look back at the past decade as a mutually beneficial experience for both myself and the company.  I truly believe Alta is not just a fantastic place to work, and will always be grateful to have worked with the finest people the industry has to offer.  

I have accepted a position as a Sales Manager for a company outside of the automotive industry.  As you know, I have expressed interest in pursuing a role that will allow me to engage in management and training, and I believe I would be strong in that role.  My hope is that with this new endeavor, I am able to test my skills in a different industry, gain valuable leadership experience, and be able to apply those back here at X if the opportunity presented itself.

I have included my personal cell phone number and email address above, so that I can be of help during this transition and after.  Thank you for your time, and the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful team.

---

Keep in mind, this company is a company where despite being large now, we started small so at the office I work out of (HQ) we are all very close.  The President I'm addressing was at my wedding, and cried when I signed to my dad.  I want to keep it positive in the letter, and kindly provide my negatives verbally after delivering it.

• I think your letter is fine as is if that is the direction you want to go. To me it reads more of a goodbye letter/email that someone sends to coworkers on their last day but I don't see a problem with it being your resignation letter either. TBH they are a formality but most likely you will have actual conversations with those at your company who will know all of that (or you will tell them while giving your letter). I would personally keep the first and final paragraphs and not the rest but that's just me.
  • @kimmiinthemitten That's a great letter. A little more personal than they usually are, but given the circumstances I think it's totally appropriate. I just had someone quit without notice who I thought was a friend (we started together, etc), and she left me in a real bind. I'd much rather get a letter like yours.
  • I agree with @kvruns; I'd do first and last, and tell them the second in person. But if you want to include the second one I don't see a problem with it either. In my two resignations letters I kept things short and to the point, but explained why I was leaving during exit interviews. 
  • kvruns said:
    @CharmedPam I'm not familiar, does being diabetic cause different issues for skin? {I had no idea!}

Interesting on the skin, I haven't heard that before. I did know about the frequent urination thanks to reading the Babysitters Club back in the day
    Until I went to nursing school, all my diabetes knowledge was based off of Stacey McGill. (The one plus in my family health history yay)

I was too old for the Babysitters Club and never read the books.

But now I do feel I have to qualify.  A little TMI, so please excuse that, lol.

When my blood sugar level is fine, which it usually is, I don't need to pee any more or less often than usual.  So, while I can't speak for other diabetics, it isn't my "norm" to have to frequently urinate.

However, if I find myself peeing more often than normal over a few hours and especially if there is an "urgency" (which I don't usually have), that is one of my signals to check my blood sugar.  Because it is probably too high.  I also get a dry, cotton mouth when my blood sugar is too high.  I've always assumed that is just another symptom of the dehydration.

When I was first diagnosed with Type I, they put me in the hospital overnight.  Ironically, NOT because of the (then) uncontrolled diabetes, per se.  But because I was too dehydrated from it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    I think your letter is fine as is if that is the direction you want to go. To me it reads more of a goodbye letter/email that someone sends to coworkers on their last day but I don't see a problem with it being your resignation letter either. TBH they are a formality but most likely you will have actual conversations with those at your company who will know all of that (or you will tell them while giving your letter). I would personally keep the first and final paragraphs and not the rest but that's just me.
    When I left my last job I was much more short and impersonal.  A good friend here's advice to me was to keep my letter positive and list out the positives that I want to leave the President with because I'll likely forget to say it while we're talking.  That way there is a written record that is professional and solidifies my position in case I do get a chance to come back, especially because there's a good chance my current boss will slander me after I leave.  

I feel like it's too much because I'm used to the three sentence letter, but I do think my friend is right that I need to beef up the positivity.  
  • @oliveoilsmom - thank you, I like those edits; and reminder about the emotional aspect.  

Actually, my personnel file only has my physical mailing address.  Up until a couple months ago, my work cell has been my home cell as well.  Does that make a difference?