Snarky Brides

Save The Dates 2 Years Out For A PPD...

From the relationship section of my new favourite app:

Re: Save The Dates 2 Years Out For A PPD...

• Yes, it is too early for a STD for a party that is two years from now.  You're wrong.  It doesn't "make sense" to include that with your marriage announcement.  It's just the opposite.  That makes no sense.

So, the wording would just be a marriage announcement.

I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt if the poster verbally mentioned they will be having a Celebration of Marriage party in two years, when people they will definitely be inviting congratulate them.  And, omg, just stop with the "vow renewal" in two years.  I'd hope and assume that they are not going to forget the gist of the ones they are taking this Thursday.

I'm picturing getting a marriage announcement like that, lol.  And thinking (in re: to the party), "Umm...okay.  Remind me again in 22-23 months."  (Head tilted and confused look). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, it is too early for a STD for a party that is two years from now.  You're wrong.  It doesn't "make sense" to include that with your marriage announcement.  It's just the opposite.  That makes no sense.

So, the wording would just be a marriage announcement.

I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt if the poster verbally mentioned they will be having a Celebration of Marriage party in two years, when people they will definitely be inviting congratulate them.  And, omg, just stop with the "vow renewal" in two years.  I'd hope and assume that they are not going to forget the gist of the ones they are taking this Thursday.

I'm picturing getting a marriage announcement like that, lol.  And thinking (in re: to the party), "Umm...okay.  Remind me again in 22-23 months."  (Head tilted and confused look). 

So much this. Calling it a "vow renewal" doesn't change the fact that they are basically having a reenactment.
  • Lolz NOPE 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    Two years is too early to have a vow renewal.  You are planning a PPD (Pretty Princess Day), and it is not appropriate.
    Send out formal marriage announcements as soon as you are married.  If you cannot be satisfied with your courthouse marriage, then you should wait until you can have the wedding you want.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • What is a PPD? I am sorry, I am not familiar with this term....
    edited February 2018
    PPD is short for "Pretty Princess Day".  It refers to a re-do, fake  "wedding" where nothing legally changes, but the bride gets to prance around in a big wedding dress and get attention (and gifts).  Very rude and improper.

PPDs are usually done when the couple - for whatever reason - decides that their wedding ceremony was not good enough for them.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    PPD is short for "Pretty Princess Day".  It refers to a re-do, fake  "wedding" where nothing legally changes, but the bride gets to prance around in a big wedding dress and get attention (and gifts).  Very rude and improper.

PPDs are usually done when the couple - for whatever reason - decides that their wedding ceremony was not good enough for them.
    My head may have just exploded. 

People really do this? Probably the less said the better. 
    edited February 2018
    The usual reason is :"...but when do I get my white dress?", or "but we only got married for military benefits!  It wasn't a "real" wedding at the courthouse!"
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Yes, 2 years is too early.
  • Yes, 2 years is too early.
    LOL, yeah, no. I think the point is, no one really cares that much about a PPD, period. 
  • SP29 said:
    This doesn't bug me that much- as long as the couple does in fact send out marriage announcements and continues that the vow renewal in 2 years is just that. Do I think it a bit silly? Yes. But as long as the couple is being honest- go for it.

However, a STD 2 years out is too much. Who knows that is going on in 2 years?!?!? Fine for the couple to mention to their close friends and family what they are thinking of doing, but beyond that, no one needs to know right now. Maybe they'll change their mind in 2 years time when they realize the wedding they had is enough.
    Why on earth would anyone want to commit to anyone or anything two years out?  In that time, this LW could have relocated, had a child, dropped many relationships, changed jobs.......insane!  The boards don't even suggest you select a wedding party more than a year out from the wedding date.