Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daughter Dance-Bossa Nova

So, I need some help. My dad loves bossa nova and wants our dance to be along those lines. Im not really finding anything good, at least thats in English. I thought maybe "Look to the Rainbow", "Baubles and beads" or "sing me a lullaby" but they all seem a little too cliche. Anyone have any ideas? 

Re: Father Daughter Dance-Bossa Nova

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2017
    Look to the Rainbow by Astrid Gilberto would be perfect and charming!  (NOT cliche!)  Or, something lovely from Sinatra & Jobim (The Baubles & Beads maybe).  I think Menia Flor by Stan Getz is about a flowers, so that would be pretty.  Another idea would be to choose a favorite instrumental version of any of his favs (Wave, or One Note Samba, or Desafinado ...) and just enjoy a pretty dance with your Dad!  
  • So, I need some help. My dad loves bossa nova and wants our dance to be along those lines. Im not really finding anything good, at least thats in English. I thought maybe "Look to the Rainbow", "Baubles and beads" or "sing me a lullaby" but they all seem a little too cliche. Anyone have any ideas? 

Does the song have to be in English?
  • I don't think the song has to be in English. Just pick something that's meaningful and dance to it. 
    *********************************************************************************

• thanks! so helpful! 
  • @southernbelle0915 and @ernursej no, it doesn't have to be english, but our band is going to be singing so it would be easier for the band...